1. Home
  2. Chat
  3. Anglo-Saxon Coin Found by Metal Detectorist Can Fetch £200,000 at Auction

Anglo-Saxon Coin Found by Metal Detectorist Can Fetch £200,000 at Auction

In the News

You see some stories about hordes of coins from metal detector finds valued around this amount but this is for just one coin , you can imagine how much a stack of these coins would have been worth

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/anglo-saxon-coin-found-by-metal-detectorist-set-to-fetch-200000-at-auction-40702642.html

telmel
a month ago
What do you think of this?
WindowShopper
WindowShoppera month ago

History matters

MelissaLee1963
MelissaLee1963a month ago

I bought a metal detector from a charity shop and somewhat ambitiously thought I might unearth a treasure trove but after finding some can rings and a cheap old ring I realised it was not my best calling .I did once find an old rheistag coin on my allotment and a rather curious looking bone under Battersea bridge but then people still make votive offerings to the river I believe.

telmel
telmel
Original Poster
a month ago

I have always toyed with the idea of buying one M, but there are so many restrictions to what you can do and where you can go, that put me off

The success stories seem to be more about farmers fields, then you would need permission from the farmer first

I wonder if anyone else on LD has found anything valuable using a detector ?

One of the UK's largest deal hunting communities

Join for free to get genuine deals, money saving advice and help from our friendly community

Kelsey, Tom
& Deepak
Founders
Founders of Latest Deals
We use cookies (e.g. personalisation, analytics, social media). Find out more.