Help - Supermarket Price Comparison Tool, More Information
Ask a Question
Latest Deals has a supermarket price comparison tool within the Latest Deals app.
This is an FAQ for it.
The tool is exclusively available on the Latest Deals app, and not available on the website.
How do I get the tool?
- Please download the Latest Deals app here.
- It is free and available on Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- We are unable to get accurate, real-time price data for Aldi and Lidl.
- At present, we only show the listed price.
- If the price is reduced, we will show the reduced price.
- We do not show offers such as "Buy 2 for £3"... yet.
- To check if a product has an extra deal or discount, tap it and it will open on the retailer's website.
- We try our best to get all the products in these supermarkets, but sometimes the data is not available for specific items.
- We attempt to group products with the same name and some other criteria. But it doesn't work perfectly all the time.
- We do not yet have the function to save products into a basket. We may look to build this feature in the future.
- We built this tool during Coronavirus lockdown in April 2020. Supermarket prices were climbing and MySupermarket had shut down. Members of our community asked us for help and we built this tool in 72 hours. MySupermarket had 14 years.
- Our intention is not to have all the bells and whistles of MySupermarket, but the core tool of seeing where the cheapest prices are.
- The prices we show are for the online supermarkets. Usually, this is the same price as what you'll find in-store. However, sometimes the prices do differ.
- If you are unable to see results from a supermarket we support (note - we do not support Aldi or Lidl), please help us by manually going to their website and typing in the same search you used in our tool, and double-check there is supposed to be a result.
- If yes, please contact us.
- If some results are grey, that means the item is out of stock. You can still tap it and go to the product page.
- We are unable to help with this question. Please speak to the supermarket.
- We are unable to comment on this question. Clue: Technical wizardry.
- We are unable to share the data. We do collect a handful of price history data for the use of PR / media stories. If you are a journalist interested in this, please contact us.
Join for free to get genuine deals, money saving advice and help from our friendly community