What is a Mentor?
Mentors are members of Latest Deals who help guide others and contribute to the smooth running of the community.
They may be volunteers or paid members of the team. On this page, you'll learn:
- The Mentor Code of Conduct
- Things Mentors Can NOT Do
- How You Have the Power to Override a Mentor
- What does a Mentor do?
- Who are the Mentors?
- Always be positive, constructive and helpful
Changes, edits and updates must be explained in the comments. Members should be encouraged to participate more, not less. Examples:
- "Hi Deepak, I have updated your post to give extra details."
- "Hi Kelsey, I have just changed the picture to a clearer one for you."
- "Hi Tom, I have added the delivery information"
- "Hi nemosays, thank you for posting this voucher code. Unfortunately, in this case it had already been posted. To avoid duplicates, I've just marked this as expired. Thank you again and I look forward to your next one."
- "Hi SteveMate, thank you for sharing this voucher code. A short while ago, the Latest Deals community decided not to accept promo codes. For this reason, I've marked your post as expired. Any questions, please just ask."
Write an explanation for your changes
As the examples above show, changes need to be explained. Latest Deals has many unofficial guidelines, and our own culture. New members won't know any of them, so it's important to explain all changes. Again, the most important part is to be positive, constructive and helpful.
"How can I help this member to contribute more?"
The over-arching guideline is to act in a way that helps members contribute more. Positive thumbs-up , never thumbs-down.
Things Mentors Can NOT Do
Mentors do not have access to, nor have the capability of the following actions:
- Permenantly delete anything
- Ban members
- Delete or edit comments
- See profile information or any personal data
You have the power to override a Mentor
Unlike other websites, on Latest Deals you have the power to override a Mentor. Every change and edit a Mentor makes is logged. If you feel a Mentor has made a mistake, gone too far, or you just don't like what they've done, you can email us privately and in confidence. Deepak, Kelsey and Tom will review the situation and can revert the post or page to your original message.
- You can always email us privately via our contact form.
What does a Mentor do?
Mentors are here to help you enjoy Latest Deals more.
- They can see the list of flagged reports, expire requests, duplicates and more.
- They can improve titles, images, descriptions and tags to give more information (they cannot change the URL).
- They can expire posts and move them into moderation (but not delete them)
Who are the Mentors?
You can identify a Mentor by a badge or label next to their name that says "Mentor".
Are Mentors Paid?
Some Mentors are volunteer members of the community and are not paid. Others are colleagues of the company and are paid. If a Mentor has published a deal and it is a paid partnership, we will write at the very top of the post, "Latest Deals has worked with XYZ company to bring you this deal." This is so it is super clear what is sponsored and what is not.
Join for free to get genuine deals, money saving advice and help from our friendly community
Chief Bargain Hunter