I need to cancel a flight, can I get a refund?
If you need to cancel a flight, you may be able to get a refund. The options vary depending on the airline.
Below I've gathered some information from the different airlines and their policies.
Quite often, you need to have bought a 'flexible' ticket for a slightly higher price.
- Aer Lingus - On selected tickets, minimum £20 per ticket
- Bmi - On selected tickets, minimum £20 per ticket
- British Airways - On selected tickets, a charge £15 per ticket. Up to 100% of the ticket fare may be charged
- easyJet - Within 24 hours will refund all except a £25 admin fee. After 24 hours the booking is non-refundable with the exception of APD which is refunded without additional charge
- Flybe - On selected tickets, minimum £25 up to 100% of the cost per ticket
- Jet2 - No refunds on Jet2. £40 admin fee for claiming back APD
- Monarch - No refunds on Monarch. £25 admin fee for claiming back APD
- Ryanair - No refunds on Ryanair. £20 admin fee for claiming back APD
- Thomas Cook - No refunds on Thomas Cook
- Thomson - No refunds on Thomson.
- Virgin Atlantic - On selected tickets, minimum £30 up to 100% of the cost per ticket
Join for free to get genuine deals, money saving advice and help from our friendly community