1. Home
  2. Chat
  3. New Hobbies Over Lockdown

New Hobbies Over Lockdown

Ask a Question

Has anyone started a new hobby over the lockdown? Would be great to hear about them.

RuthWardell404
1 month ago
What do you think of this?
BlueOrchid
BlueOrchid1 month ago

I haven't started a new hobby. More like picked up where I left offπŸ˜‚ For example I started a cross stitching painting over a year ago. And never really had time to keep at it with work, home, my boy to look after.... so I been doing that. Also I been reading more books because I'm still on furlough. Decluttering and clearing out. Got back into sewing. Making a play mat for my baby due in September. My sons birthday is coming up so I'm making all sorts of cute things which I wouldn't normally have time for such as painted birthday plate, piniata etc... I planted vegetables in my mini greenhouse. Unfortunately terrible wind destroyed most of it😭 Basically doing anything to keep my mind busy...

RuthWardell404
RuthWardell404
Original Poster
1 month ago

jurgita0712 wow I love the plate and play mat. It’s a very strange time and good to keep busy. Thanks for sharing. X

BlueOrchid
BlueOrchid1 month ago

RuthWardell404 thank youπŸ™‚ it is indeed. For first 6 weeks I havent left the house once.. it has been tough mentally. And physically because I'm normally an active person and I work full time. To go from that to nothing was quite a shock to the system. Have you tried any new crafts/hobbies? I saw articles that crafts such as knitting/crochet etc risen during lockdown.x

RuthWardell404
RuthWardell404
Original Poster
1 month ago

jurgita0712 I have been doing one of those crystal pictures. It is quite good. Also been making a latch hook rug. But I like trying new things, so have a few things on the go at once.

BlueOrchid
BlueOrchid1 month ago

RuthWardell404 me too😁 Book folding looks interesting but very time consuming πŸ˜‚ I also like quilling. Scrapbooking. I would like to learn calligraphy. Also I am planning to make crocheted amigrumi toy😁 My son likes to make things with me on my sewing machine. Yesterday he made face mask for himself 😁he was very proud😁

One of the UK's largest deal hunting communities

Join for free to get genuine deals, money saving advice and help from our friendly community

Kelsey, Tom
& Deepak
Founders
Founders of Latest Deals
We use cookies (e.g. personalisation, analytics, social media). Find out more.