1. Home
  2. Chat
  3. What Do You Have On Your Pancakes?

What Do You Have On Your Pancakes?

Ask a Question

Shrove Tuesday coming up soon what are peoples favourites topping for pancakes. Sweet or savoury .

tracytrew76
2 months ago
What do you think of this?
neo1
neo12 months ago

Im more than happy with lemon and a sprinkle of sugar but wont say no to some chocolate spread

BonzoBanana
BonzoBanana2 months ago

Always treacle for me, did try lemon and sugar once but went straight back to treacle. Never even considered a savoury filling.

SilverSurfer
SilverSurfer2 months ago

Both! Have duck & pancakes to start then finish with some pancakes and maple syrup.

beccatavender
beccatavender2 months ago

Haven't made a pancake on Shrove Tuesday for years, as a kid we had made with currents and then covered with sugar and lemon juice. I don't think I've ever tried them with anything different.

But we do have duck pancakes on a regular basis.

Lynibis
Lynibis2 months ago

As they now sell Chinese pancakes I have them with pulled pork and hoisin sauce ....yummy.

Sweet pancakes are always with lemon and sugar, the original and best imo.

hspexy
hspexy2 months ago

I like savoury, especially if it’s smothered in cheese. But a simple pancake with lemon juice is also nice to have

TheChimp
TheChimp2 months ago

I agree with neo1 beccatavender Lynibis and hspexy

Lemon and sugar is the way to go.

Gems
Gems2 months ago

Sugar and lemon πŸ‹πŸ˜‹ for me.

At the moment my son has a choc spread pancake πŸ₯ž for breakfast before school. I'm not sure he would fancy one after dinner.

My best batter mix is equal measures

Like a small cup/mug if

Eggs πŸ₯š

Milk πŸ₯›

Plain flour

Mix well and its also perfect for Yorkshire pudding x

GSM
GSM2 months ago

Maple syrup is my favorite one. I have them quite often though πŸ˜‰

Glitterandgold
Glitterandgold2 months ago

Iv had pancakes a couple of times recently. Iv been having them with a tiny bit of honey spread on & some cinnamon sprinkled on top. πŸ˜‹. My preferred topping is syrup & icing sugar.

lornaae
lornaae2 months ago

I love pancakes and am really excited for pancake day! It’s got to be sweet, Nutella is my favourite πŸ™‚

RachHC
RachHC2 months ago

Nice and simple for me just a sprinkle of sugar 😍 my kids like chocolate but my OH has nothing on his 🀯

cocolgooh
cocolgooh2 months ago

I like lemon and sugar, but biscoff spread is really nice too!

ptenn00
ptenn002 months ago

I like mine with maple syrup, although I can have it with sugar if there isn't any available

Imnotcheap
Imnotcheap2 months ago

My favourite is cheese spread with peri peri sauce

AliceBell64468
AliceBell644682 months ago

Got to be sweet for me, I love melted chocolate or Nutella! Don’t normally have pancakes though but I might ask my bf to make some this year!

MrsCraig
MrsCraig2 months ago

We have pancakes with bacon and maple syrup. It is absolutely delicious! Our son gets a mini pancake with some butter and bacon and he thinks it is absolutely brilliant.

My mum makes potato pancakes, which as absolutely delicious. She never made sweet pancakes on shrove Tuesday, it was always the potato pancakes that my Granny taught her how to make and she is going to make them for my son next time she is able to see him.

Bargain28
Bargain282 months ago

Omg I don't even know when it is this year but I buy premade pancakes as I can't make them lol and I love them with ice cream and lavvered in caramel or toffee sauce mmmmm

lornaae
lornaae2 months ago

Pancake day this year is on the 16th February, so less than two weeks away! πŸ™‚

Bargain28
Bargain282 months ago

Thank you very much for letting me know I am looking forward to it muchly lornaae

Grannyclock
Grannyclock2 months ago

A long time ago I was given some with frankfurter and maple syrup. It was delicious! I might just have to try it again.

possy
possy2 months ago

I absolutely love strawberries and blueberries with mine. More fruit the better, with cream and Biscoff spread. Yum

sunny101
sunny1012 months ago

I love the traditional lemon and sugar but last year I went down the American route with blueberries and maple syrup. I have the lemons......and the blueberries. Only time will tell which one wins.

One of the UK's largest deal hunting communities

Join for free to get genuine deals, money saving advice and help from our friendly community

Kelsey, Tom
& Deepak
Founders
Founders of Latest Deals
We use cookies (e.g. personalisation, analytics, social media). Find out more.