Testers Needed - New Engine for Latest Deals
To handle how big and fast Latest Deals is growing we’re testing out a new “engine” that powers the website and app.
We’re hoping we can get some volunteers onboard to give it a go and let us know how they get on!
- Every time you see a list of stuff (on the homepage, after a search, in your dashboard, on the website, in the app, etc) they’ll be generated by the new engine.
- Alongside the engine, we’ve made a bunch of improvements to search to hopefully provide more accurate and relevant results (both for deals and in chat)
- If you don't see anything different, that can be a good thing. It means the engine is working and behind-the-scenes is much more efficient.
- Are the results right? e.g. if you’re on the competitions page, is every post a competition? If in your preferences you have “show expired deals” enabled, do you actually see them? We want to test every possible combination of preference/setting/page to make sure we’re always showing you the right thing.
- Is search any better? Is it faster? Does it show more relevant results? Does if favour more recent content?
- Is it quicker? When navigating to the 75th page of results, of adding in a bunch of category filters, do the results come back faster than before?
How can I compare the new engine vs the old engine?
If you opt in to test, you’ll use the new engine whenever you’re logged in. If you log out, or access Latest Deals in an incognito window, you’ll go back to using the old engine. So, if you’re super keen, you could try testing the new alongside the old to see which you prefer!
How do I opt in?
Just comment below and I’ll activate the new engine on your account
Can I opt out?
Of course - if something isn’t working right comment below with what’s wrong and that you want out and I’ll disable the new engine for your account.
Thank you very much in advance for any pioneers willing to give this a go All and any feedback is very welcome!
Join for free to get genuine deals, money saving advice and help from our friendly community