1. Home
  2. Chat
  3. Toddler Dies after Swallowing Battery

Toddler Dies after Swallowing Battery

In the News

I don’t know if anyone saw or heard about this tragedy. I believe the 2 year old managed to get the battery out of the remote control and swallowed it. The parents didn’t know until the child became very unwell and the internal damage was by that time too severe for doctors to save them.

This is just a warning to everyone as there are so many batteries used around the house and I doubt we ever think about the danger to children or indeed adults.

Grannyclock
a month ago
What do you think of this?
tara73ziva
tara73zivaa month ago

It’s so sad that this has happened my heart ❤️ goes out to the family. I know that there was something in the news not so long ago we’re a boy swallowed magnets to try to make him self magnetic and he was very lucky to, but even putting things out of the way some children still manage to find them maybe the backs on the remote controls should be more secure to prevent this from happening to another child, hopefully sharing this will help let other parents know about the danger

Like
Reply
1
snoogans888
snoogans888a month ago

tara73ziva apparently there is a trend on tiktok where kids are putting two small magnets on either side of their tongue to imitate a piercing. But they are swallowing them and causing all sorts of horrific damage to their organs 😔

Like
Reply
tara73ziva
tara73zivaa month ago

snoogans888 I think that tiktok should be more regulated as kids will always want to try what they see other people doing

Like
Reply
1
snoogans888
snoogans888a month ago

tara73ziva I agree. The sad thing is a lot of adults are copying the crazy, stupid things that they’re seeing with horrific consequences. Just look at Abbie Quinnen.

Like
Reply
1
blacklabrador
blacklabradora month ago

If anyone doubts the seriousness of swallowed batteries, there are some horrific videos on YouTube of someone putting a watch battery on a slice of ham.

The burning starts pretty much straight away.

Like
Reply
3
Grannyclock
Grannyclock
Original Poster
a month ago

blacklabrador I've not seen these but they sound horrific

Like
Reply
1
BonzoBanana
BonzoBananaa month ago

What a horrific story. I remember in the past some remote controls had a screw to secure the battery flap so you would need a screwdriver to remove the battery. Maybe we need to go back to that. Most remote controls for tv's last years before they need replacement so it would only be a minor inconvenience. Also why are we still paying for separate batteries anyway. Remote's take hardly any power so a very small rechargeable battery could be fitted and you simply charge the remote control for half an hour for perhaps 2-3 years of use before needing to charge again. So no reason for the remote to even have removable batteries.

Like
Reply
3
TheChimp
TheChimpa month ago

BonzoBanana A lot of cases are being caused by cheap Chinese toys that are imported. Hardly any have a screw securing the battery.

Like
Reply
BonzoBanana
BonzoBananaa month ago

TheChimp Safety is rarely taken seriously in China. I remember they were killing their own children with dangerous baby formula so Chinese people had to import safe baby formula from Europe or the US. Most items in China are fake and no one seems to care. Even fried chicken has many clones including Colonel Sanders replaced with Obama or even Adolf Hitler.

Image

Like
Reply
Grannyclock
Grannyclock
Original Poster
a month ago

That sounds like a good idea to me. BonzoBanana

Like
Reply
Nadiaparveen
Nadiaparveena month ago

This is so sad and it's scary to think it can happen quite easily too

Like
Reply
GSM
GSMa month ago

Horrible, I watched the video interviewing the mother. So easy to happen. After watching it o checked all the toys and controllers in my house.

Like
Reply
Grannyclock
Grannyclock
Original Poster
a month ago

GSM very wise. It’s so easy to think it couldn’t happen to me, but it could happen to anyone.

Like
Reply
One of the UK's largest deal hunting communities

Join for free to get genuine deals, money saving advice and help from our friendly community

Kelsey, Tom
& Deepak
Founders
Founders of Latest Deals
We use cookies (e.g. personalisation, analytics, social media). Find out more.