1. Home
  2. Chat
  3. Website Update (16th October 2018)

Website Update (16th October 2018)

News

Hey guys! Exciting things happening behind the scenes that we can hopefully share with you all soon. In the meantime, we’ve got a bunch of quality-of-life improvements, bug fixes and small tweaks to share with you today:

• We’ve updated our date input to handle those of our members based abroad or on holiday. If you’re out of GMT/BST time and select an expiry date you should get a helpful hint converting your local time to GMT/BST time.
  • We’ve tweaked the behaviour of our search a little - by default if you search it’ll search in deals, vouchers and freebies. If you want to search a specific section just go to that section first (e.g. https://www.latestdeals.co.uk/competitions) and then the search will be restricted to that section. We’ve also updated the placeholder text in the search bar to highlight which section you’re currently searching in.
  • We always intended not to have a limit on the number of competitions that you can share - unfortunately we accidentally did have a limit! This should now be removed and people can go comping crazy!
  • Did this drive anyone else crazy? Using your iPhone you’d tap to comment but it wouldn’t register and you’d have to tap again to bring up your keyboard. It certainly drove me crazy so hoping this is now fixed!
  • We’ve tweaked the menus on your profile page to be more consistent with the rest of the site - they’re now the three vertical dots you’ve come to love (and/or be confused by!)
  • “Ignoring” a member sounded so harsh. I’d much rather “mute” them. How about you?
  • We’ve tweaked the styling of “help” sections when sharing a deal to make it more obvious which bit the help refers to.
  • Occasionally when you went to edit one of your deals the box to enter tags would automatically steal focus. Not only was this unintended it was also rather annoying. Hopefully this one is now nipped in the bud!
  • Going forwards, if you share a deal from Amazon we’ll try and automatically detect if prime delivery is available. If it is, we’ll slap a nice little badge on your post so people can easily see if prime is available 🚚
  • We now check to see if you’ve accidentally entered the original price and discounted price the wrong way round. We all have special moments.
  • Sometimes if you shared a deal from Amazon you could get stuck waiting for ages for your deal to share. We’ve Usain Bolted the process and you shouldn’t get slowed down any more.
  • We have a shiny new popup system when you do something (e.g. save your settings) that is hopefully easier on the eye and more clear as to when a message is telling you something is good vs something went wrong!
  • We’ve had a stab at making our voucher code section more streamlined. Now when you click “Get code” you’ll open a new window with a message saying the code has been copied (we’ll automatically copy it to your clipboard) before redirecting you to the retailer. Hopefully this makes things a bit smoother!
  • Sometimes @mentions just didn’t want to work. Big thanks to hspexy for letting me know about this - please shout at me if it’s still not working for you!
  • We’ve revamped the start tutorial for new members. The old one was a little out of date and misleading. I kept wondering why people wanted to tap the heart to like a post - I now know it’s because we foolishly told them to with the tutorial after they joined 🤦‍♂️
  • Not only was the start tutorial a little out of date, it could also trap new members leaving them unable to exit it! Nightmare. We’ve set those lost souls free now though 👻

That’s everything for now. The bulk of this update is all nuts and bolts behind the scenes to enable the next big feature of LD. Providing this update all goes smoothly we can hopefully share our plan with you soon! 🤗

As ever if you spot any quirks, have any feedback on the changes (good or bad) then please comment below.

Thanks for being part of LD 🙂

Kelsey
2 years ago
What do you think of this?
Bestoffer
Bestoffer2 years ago

Hi Kelsey Unable To Load Deals At The Moment Lets Me Load Details But When I Click On Share Nothing Happens

Kelsey
Kelsey
Original Poster
Founder
2 years ago

Hey Bestoffer does it work if you go direct to the link here: https://www.latestdeals.co.uk/share/deal?

Bestoffer
Bestoffer2 years ago

Kelsey Hi Kelsey No Still The Same

Kelsey
Kelsey
Original Poster
Founder
2 years ago

Bestoffer Sorry - could you please refresh and try again. I've fixed at least one potential cause 👍

Bestoffer
Bestoffer2 years ago

Kelsey Ok Just Tried An Amazon Deal It Just Freezes When I Share

Bestoffer
Bestoffer2 years ago

Kelsey OK Kelsey That One Worked Nice One 👍

Bestoffer
Bestoffer2 years ago

Hi Kelsey Tried Another Amazon Deal That Didn't Work

Kelsey
Kelsey
Original Poster
Founder
2 years ago

Sorry again - I've had another stab at resolving this. Please cross your fingers, refresh and try again when you have a mo. Thanks!

Bestoffer
Bestoffer2 years ago

Kelsey OK Kelsey Thanks 👍

Tom
Tom
Founder
2 years ago

Voucher codes update is working great!! 👏🏻

sandie12
sandie12
Mentor
2 years ago

Good morning can not post with voucher code 😞

Metrovski
Metrovski2 years ago

Kelsey I can't seem to share deals...fill everything out, click Share Deal, it clicks but nothing happens...I have selected and unselected the voucher code option in case that had anything to do with it, but still the same. It is an Amazon deal too

JandE86
JandE862 years ago

did the same twice and was unsuccessful but then i tried another deal and there it goes.. 😃

Kelsey
Kelsey
Original Poster
Founder
2 years ago

Morning sandie12 and Metrovski - sorry about that - I'm investigating now and will attempt to resolve asap 👍

Metrovski
Metrovski2 years ago

Hope you can get it sorted! 🧐 You can do this! 😃

blacklabrador
blacklabrador2 years ago

Sorry to add to the woes, every time I click on "enter competition" I get this page.

Have tried Chrome, firefox and Internet Explorer but none of them are working

Kelsey
Kelsey
Original Poster
Founder
2 years ago

Hey blacklabrador sorry about that. Think it may have been a temporary blip. Could you let me know if you're able to enter now please? Thanks 🙂

blacklabrador
blacklabrador2 years ago

Kelsey , thank you, all seems to be working well now

Bestoffer
Bestoffer2 years ago

Hi Kelsey Just Entered url Clicked On Next And Nothing Happened

Kelsey
Kelsey
Original Poster
Founder
2 years ago

Morning Bestoffer - there was a bit of a bug where errors weren't showing (e.g. the title was too short) when sharing a deal. That should be fixed now. Hopefully that was the issue but if you're still having problems please let me know 👍

Bestoffer
Bestoffer2 years ago

Kelsey OK Kelsey Thanks 👍

Lynibis
Lynibis2 years ago

Oh dear, hate to sound smug but all seems to be working well and congrats for getting through all the above. Look forward to the 'next big feature' lol.

natz265
natz2652 years ago

hello, all my deals are showing with a voucher code and when i click on link says voucher code expired so deal expired but i didnt add a voucher code. Cant edit them either says Post failed validation

Example, https://www.latestdeals.co.uk/deals/yankee-candle-wreath-advent-calendar-gift-set-debenhams

Kelsey
Kelsey
Original Poster
Founder
2 years ago

Hey natz265 thanks for the heads up this should be fixed now 👍

natz265
natz2652 years ago

Kelsey thank you. It is

Metrovski
Metrovski2 years ago

"Post failed validation"

What does this mean when trying to share a deal Kelsey ?

Johnny
Johnny2 years ago

Kelsey

Hi

Well done on all the updates. Great stuff! Actually better than great👍

I can’t replicate it now sadly, but I’m pretty sure earlier today when I search for a Voucher for a particular retailer and it turned out there weren’t any current voucher codes that I got some kind of 'Sorry' message. I then wasn’t able to click through to that retailer (i.e. the button was disabled). I think even though there’s no voucher code, LD members might still want to visit their selected retailer for a browse / purchase.

Metrovski
Metrovski2 years ago

Kelsey Just posted a deal and didn't select the requires code and it went through OK.

I went to edit the deal to add the code, and got the same error "Post failed validation" so I suspect there is some coding issue with the requires voucher option?

Kelsey
Kelsey
Original Poster
Founder
2 years ago

Hey Metrovski 🙂 Spot on! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction I think/hope this is now resolved. Please let me know how you get on 👍

Metrovski
Metrovski2 years ago

Kelsey thanks... Hopefully I can spot some deals tomorrow to post up!

Metrovski
Metrovski2 years ago

Kelsey - Just tested and all working ok now. Thanks! 🙂

DaneyDaneBeard
DaneyDaneBeard2 years ago

Hello

AgnesFaludi
AgnesFaludi2 years ago

My Dashboard is down

Kelsey
Kelsey
Original Poster
Founder
2 years ago

Sorry about that - this should be sorted now 👍

AgnesFaludi
AgnesFaludi2 years ago

Kelsey I just hit 150.000 and can not claim the reward. Is it a bug too?

AgnesFaludi
AgnesFaludi2 years ago

Kelsey Thank you, everything is working now...

hspexy
hspexy2 years ago

Kelsey yay it works now! Many thanks for sorting it out - it was getting tedious typing out the names...then it being incorrectly autocorrected! Cheers 👌

One of the UK's largest deal hunting communities

Join for free to get genuine deals, money saving advice and help from our friendly community

Kelsey, Tom
& Deepak
Founders
Founders of Latest Deals
We use cookies (e.g. personalisation, analytics, social media). Find out more.