What is Hughes?
Hughes Electrical was founded by Frank Hughes in 1921 in Lowestoft, Suffolk. He trained as an electrical engineer after serving in the cavalry during the Great War. The company originally rewound industrial electrical motors for Lowestoft's once large fishing fleet but in 1928 Frank bought his first shop. He then build and sold radios. Frank died a year after the company was incorporated in 1946 and his sons peter, Phyllis and Jim took over the management of the company.
As they grow, Hughes were quick to introduce new technologies like televisions and labour saving kitchen appliances. During the post-war austerity years, these products became affordable for the typical household by renting them. This early equipment was extremely unreliable and the engineering background of the company meant it was well placed to develop a large service infrastructure to repair them.
Throughout the years, the company has undergone massive expansion including its retail footprint with the acquisition of Apollo 2000 in 2009. Today, the company has developed a a 70,000 sq ft distribution facility in Thetford which supports all the shops, websites, trade centres and service centres, whilst retaining its commitment to service, with over 100 fully trained electrical engineers. Hughes is now the country's 4th largest specialist electrical retailer and the 2nd largest provider of home entertainment and kitchen appliance rentals.
Find the hottest and the latest Hughes Electrical sales, discounts, voucher codes and coupon codes here at Latest Deals posted each month by our huge community of bargain hunters!
Hughes HomeTech Show 2016
“Excellent transaction with this company. Exceptional price and delivered as expected. Wouldn't hesitate in purchasing from them again.” – Alan Bates
“Bought a Bosch tumble dryer at a very good price. I was able to choose the delivery date and pay for the old machine to be taken away. The delivery process was excellent - it came when expected, and I was able to follow the progress of the van. I would not hesitate to buy from Hughes again.” – Glynn Gardner
What does Hughes sell?
Hughes is one of the largest electrical specialist retailer in the UK. It offers a wide array of products which include both small and large appliances, computers, TVs, mobiles and so much more. It also provides kitchen appliance rentals and home entertainment. You can find your favourite brands here like Dyson, Toshiba, Bosch, Sony and Panasonic just to name a few. They also features thousands of reviews from real customers to help make shopping easier for you. Their online catalogue includes the following categories:
- Kitchen Appliances
- Small Appliances
- TV & Entertainment
- Computing & Phones
- Smart Tech
Tom’s Tip: Keep an eye out for their Black Friday Sale. Each year, they bring you bigger and better deals for Black Friday and this year is no exception as they promise an even more incredible deals! Click here to read their Black Friday guide to help you plan in advance and make the most of their amazing offers.
How do I contact Hughes?
- You may email their web sales or customer service team using their Online Contact Form.
- You may call web sales or customer service team on 0371 231 3113.
- Use their Store Locator if you need to contact one of their stores.
- If you need to contact them about your rental account you may email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may also call them on 03444 124411.
If you prefer in writing, their postal address is:
Hughes Electrical Direct
259 Felixstowe Road
What are the delivery options for Hughes?
Hughes Electrical’s cost of standard delivery varies, but most single items over £50 are offered with FREE delivery. What’s more, you choose the delivery date that suits your needs. Large items and some specialist equipment carry a small delivery fee. The delivery cost for your item(s), if applicable, will be clearly displayed in the “basket” section during your checkout.
Local Delivery Option
- Over 5 working days: FREE
- 2-5 working days: £19.00
- Next Day delivery: £24.00
Enhanced Delivery Options
- Express: next day available on many goods if ordered by 12 noon.
- Weekend delivery: the convenience of a delivery on Saturday or Sunday (large items only).
- These options, if available, will be shown during checkout and incur additional fees.
For more information, visit their Service and Delivery page.
How do I return an item to Hughes?
- You can cancel your order for a full refund, providing you notify them, within 14 working days of the day after delivery. You can notify them by email at email@example.com.
- Any goods supplied must then be returned at your own expense, within 14 days of your notice to cancel to them at the following address:
- Provided that the goods are returned complete with all accessories (including any free gifts supplied) you will receive a full refund within 14 days of their receipt of the goods.
For exceptions, additional costs and other information, read their full Returns Policy.
This unique service from Hughes Electrical, is designed around you. From the first no-obligation visit to your home, work premises or building site, they will walk you through all the options available to you. Their team will work with you to ensure that you use your existing equipment and technology to their potential, but also to establish what you can add in your home to take advantage of all the benefits of creating a smart home can bring. The Hughes Smart team are part of Hughes which means you can have the confidence and reassurance that you are in the very best hands.
TP-Link Deco M5 Setup
Matt from TP-Link walks us through the setup of their Deco M5 Whole-Home Wi-Fi system.