What is Steam?
Steam is the digital ultimate entertainment platform developed by Valve Corporation in 2003. Steam provides its users with installation and automatic updating of games as well as a community which features friends lists and groups, cloud saving and in-game voice and chat functionality. They can play, connect, create and more. The free software provides an API or application programming interface called Steamworks, which developers can use to incorporate numerous of Steam’s functions into their products like networking, matchmaking, in-game achievements, micro-transactions and also support for user-created content through their Steam Workshop.
The software was originally developed for use on Microsoft Windows OS, however versions for OS X and Linux were released later on. They also have mobile apps with connected functionality with the main software for iOS, Android and Windows Phone devices which was released in the 2010s. Steam’s main service is to provide its users a platform to download games and other software to have in their virtual software libraries to their own computers as game cache files. Later on they introduced SDK or Steamworkds software development kit in 2008 which made it possible for anyone to become a publisher to Steam outside of Valve’s involvement to curate titles on the service.
Find the best and the latest Steam Powered sales, discounts, deals, offers, coupon codes and voucher codes here at Latest Deals! Each month our massive community of bargain hunters are on the lookout for the best possible deals to post and share to our members!
What does Steam sell?
Steam Powered offers digital rights management (DRM), multiplayer gaming, video streaming and social networking services. They offer thousands of games from action to indie and everything in between. They also offer exclusive deals, automatic game updates and other amazing perks! You can gift your friends, trade items, and even create new content for games in the Steam Workshop.
They also have an online community where you can meet new people, join game groups, form clans, chat in-game and more! They have more than 13million gamers online and more than 3million in-games that you can enjoy anytime, anywhere. Whether you’re on a PC, Mac, Linux box, mobile device, or even your television, you can enjoy the benefits of Steam.
How do I contact Steam?
- To guide you to self-solve or send a help request to their Steam Support team, visit their Help site.
- You can also post or search in Steam Discussions for an answer to your question.
- You can also tweet their Steam Support team for enquiries and questions at @Steam_Support.
- You may call them on 425-889-9642.
What are the delivery options for Steam?
All digital goods are delivered via the Steam desktop application. Steam and your games will be available for download at the end of the purchase.
How do I return an item to Steam?
- You can request a refund for nearly any purchase on Steam for any reason within 14 days of purchase. As long as you make a request through their Help site first and the tile has been played for less than two hours.
- You will be issued a full refund of your purchase within a week of approval. You will receive the refund in Steam Wallet funds or through the same payment method you used to make the purchase.
- If, for any reason, Steam is unable to issue a refund via your initial payment method, your Steam Wallet will be credited the full amount.
- Refunds applies to games and software applications on their store.
For more information, read their full Refunds Policy page.
"I've been with Steam for 5 years. 50+ purchases. Great customer service.
They've refined their service well." - David Martin
"In all honesty, it's not perfect but it does what it says: You buy a game, you download it and you play it. I have bought more than 50 games, never had a problem with them. Haven't tried their customer support yet, but it seems that people had problems with it in the past. Very decent experience overall." - George Kirponos
"Great for games and the sales that they have. Their customer support leaves much to be desired, but still is helpful in some cases. Love the workshops for the many mods for the many games that they have." - Andrew Dinh