What is Thompson & Morgan?
Thompson & Morgan is an independently owned company founded in 1855 by Thompson and Morgan offering English plants, seeds and sundries across the world via their website. The company sells their products via its mail order catalogues, the internet and retail stores. Their seed catalogues are distributed to around 163 countries worldwide. They stocked seeds in numerous countries such as the UK, Ireland, France, Australia, USA, Canada, Japan, Korea, Norway, Turkey and Korea just to name a few.
The founders’ had its origins in a small garden behind a baker's shop in Ipswich, where a young William Thompson's passion for botany grew. His specialty was growing rare and unusual plants whose seeds were sent from countries all over the world. From the back garden he moved to a nursery at the edge of Ipswich and then to an even larger one. In 1855, after moving from that small 'starter' garden, Thompson issued his first catalogue. With the seed-raising firm expanding, William Thompson started his partnership with John Morgan. John provided the business acumen that enabled the company’s continued solid growth.
Since their first seed catalogue was published in 1955, the company has grown to become one of the country’s biggest mail order seed and plant companies. They provide home gardeners with the very best quality products money can buy as well as their longstanding UK presence, the brand operates throughout the world through its international website and offers its popular seed range through major garden centres across Europe.
Satisfy your green thumb and find only the hottest Thompson & Morgan sales, offers, promos, voucher codes and discount codes here at Latest Deals! Every month our generous community of bargain hunters are always on the lookout for the best possible deals to post and share for our members so make sure to keep on coming back to get in the know!
Garden Ready Plants can be planted straight out in the garden with no need for potting up and growing on - your shortcut to fabulous colour in the garden this summer. Buy yours today from Thompson & Morgan!
What does Thompson & Morgan sell?
Their various websites feature over 8,000 products, showcasing their entire range. They pride themselves in supplying exceptional quality flower and vegetable plants and seeds, many of which have been developed from their own breeding programme. Their product range has also expanded to include an award winning seed range, young plants, bulbs, seed potatoes, onions and garlic sets, soft fruit and fruit trees as well as an extensive range of gardening supplies. All have been carefully selected through stringent testing and trials to make gardening a pleasure and a success for their customers.
Their online catalogue includes the following categories:
- Special Offers
- Flowers, Plants & Shrubs
- Tool Shed
- Outdoor Living
- Buildings & Fencing
How do I contact Thompson & Morgan?
- Answers to common questions and enquiries can be found on their FAQ’s page.
- You can email them at email@example.com. Make sure to quote the subject of your enquiry, your order reference, customer number, and post code as well as your telephone number in all correspondence.
- You can call their Customer Care on 0333 400 0033.
Customer Care opening times:
- Monday to Friday: 9am - 8pm
- Saturday to Sunday: 9am - 6pm
- Times may vary during Bank Holidays and quiet periods.
If you prefer in writing, their postal address is:
Thompson & Morgan
What are the delivery options for Thompson & Morgan?
- Orders for packets of seed incur a delivery charge of £1.95.
- Orders which include any other products will incur a delivery charge £4.95.
- Where an order includes both packets of seeds and other products a minimum delivery charge of £6.90 will apply, regardless of the number of items ordered.
- Larger items will incur a higher delivery charge - this will be displayed in your shopping basket.
- Seeds and gardening equipment will normally be delivered within 7 working days.
- Despatch: Within 24 hours applies to orders placed online from Sunday to Thursday.
- Orders placed online on Friday or Saturday will be despatched on Monday.
- ank Holiday weekends, orders placed Friday to Sunday will be despatched on Tuesday.
- Allow 3 to 4 working days for your product to arrive before contacting them.
- Plants, bulbs, potatoes etc are delivered at the appropriate time for planting and will be stated on the product page or in your order acknowledgement.
For international orders and all other information, read their full Delivery Information page.
How do I return an item to Thompson & Morgan?
- If you are not satisfied with your order you can tell them via email or in writing within 7 days and they will offer a replacement subject to availability, credit or refund the purchase price.
- Any manufactured goods must be returned if you require a refund.
- If your plants show no signs of healthy growth after potting or planting, providing you followed exactly the instructions supplied, they will replace, credit or refund the purchase price if you notify them within 30 days of receipt of your order.
- Any plant or bulb that fails to grow true to type will be replaced, credited or refunded.
- Any plant purchased from their hardy nursery stock range receives a lifetime guarantee upon purchase.
- In the unlikely event that you are not satisfied with your seed germination, notify them within 30 days of the prescribed germination time (specified on the seed packet, catalogue or online product page) enclosing both the outer packet and inner foil sachet.
For more information, read their full Terms and Conditions page.
They have launched an exclusive sweet pea in order to raise funds for the charity and help raise awareness of the positive effects gardening and horticulture can have on those living with disabilities and ill health. New Sweet Pea Eleanore Udall has been named after the late wife of the founder of Thrive, Geoffrey Udall, who bequeathed his Beech Hill estate near Reading, Berkshire now home to the charity’s head office and gardens. They will be donating 50 per cent of the money generated from Thompson & Morgan sales of the sweet pea to Thrive, with 100 per cent of money generated from sales via the Thrive website staying with the charity.
Make bulb planting quick and easy with their bulb planting tool. Buy yours online today!