Thorntons Deals & Discounts
All our Thorntons Deals and Offers for December 2018
Thorntons is a popular UK retailer that is selling various products and items such as mugs, ice cream, chocolates, cakes, and cupcakes, among many others. You can use the latest cheap Thornton discount codes to save money on your purchases. You can save as much as 10% on selected items. You can buy their items and give them as a gift to a friend or a special someone. Our team of money saving experts can give you some tips on how to maximise your savings. One tip is to buy products in bundles or in volume.Read more
What is Thorntons?
Thorntons has over 100 years of experience in crafting chocolates. The company was founded in 1911 by Joseph William Thornton, who is a travelling confectioner. He created the company with the help of his two sons, Norman and Stanley. Thornton opened his first sweet shop in Sheffeld. He was not aware that his shop would be very successful with offerings like ‘Violet Cachous’, ‘Sweet Lips’ and ‘Phul-Nanas’. By 1920s, the Thorntons started making their own truffles, crystallised fondants and, of course, their famous Thorntons special toffee. New products were also introduced such as Rose Creams, Fruit Creams and Chocolate Brazil. And since then, their success was unstoppable.
The company is also famous for their Easter eggs, which rose to fame in 1922, when the Thornton brothers started creating icing names on Easter eggs. They wrote their names on these eggs while the customers watched and then they packaged them carefully in a white box.
Thorntons has seen a lot of changes since they first opened their humble shop in Sheffeld. The 70s era sees them having almost 90 shops and to date they have 228 shops and their chocolate is being sold to over 600 stores all over UK and online as well. But one thing remains the same; they still use the best and the finest cocoa beans to create their chocolates, whether it is milk, white or dark. The company is still being run by the Thornton family and focuses on crafting chocolates of the highest quality.
What does Thorntons sell?
Chocolates – their chocolate offerings include Personalized Chocolates, Chocolate Boxes, Chocolate Models. Chocolate Bags and Chocolate Bars. You can shop by type such as Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate, Assorted Chocolate, Chocolate Truffles, Special Toffee and Fabulous Fudge. They also have Collections like Continental, Classic, Summer and Indulgence.
Shop Gifts – in this category you will be able to find Chocolate Gift Ideas, Personalized Gifts, Chocolate Hampers, Chocolate Giftsets, Alcohol Gifts, Little Gifts and even Flowers. In addition, you can also Shop by Occasion or Shop by Recepient.
Personalized Gifts – you can personalize chocolate boxes, truffles, advent calendars and a whole lot more.
How do I contact Thorntons?
If you can’t find the answers to your queries, you can use their Contact Form on their website, and their friendly advisors will get back at you within 48 hours.
You can also call their advisors directly at 0345 121 1911 or at +44 1773 526444 if you're calling from an international number.
Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays: 8.30am - 6.00pm
Saturday: 8.30am - 4.30pm
What are the delivery options for Thorntons?
Standard Delivery - £3.95
- Standard deliveries will arrive within 3 to 5 working days from the despatch date excluding Sundays and Bank Holidays.
- Delivery will be through Hermes who uses local lifestyle carriers, which can deliver any time up to 9pm.
- Orders made before 11am will be usually dispatched the same day or the next working day excluding weekends and Bank Holidays.
- You will be able to track your order 72 hours after dispatch.
- The driver may leave your orders in a secure are if there are no one home to sign for them.
- Hampers containing alcohol and flower bouquets cannot be shipped via Standard Delivery.
Named & Next Day Premium Delivery - £5.95
- Orders will be delivered via Parcelforce between 7am and 6pm from Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays or from 7am to 2pm on Saturdays.
- Place your order before 4pm from Monday to Friday to receive your chocolates the next day. Orders place after 4pm on a weekend will not be delivered until the following Tuesday.
- For Saturday deliveries please select the Named Day Delivery option and choose the appropriate Saturday from the calendar pop-up in the checkout.
- The courier will leave a calling card when you’re not at home to rearrange a suitable time and date.
- To track your order, simply follow the link in your dispatch email or call their advisors on 0800 454537.
- Thorntons flowers will be delivered between 8:30am and 6pm from Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays and 8:30am and 2:30pm Saturday. To receive an order via Next Day delivery, your order will need to be placed before 4pm Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays.
- You can also check their website for out of area postcodes.
International Deliveries - £30.00
- Delivered via UPS and will normally take up to 10 working days.
- There are no guarantees delivery on specific dates.
- Alcohol, ceramics, flowers and fragile items such as their chocolate models & shapes and Easter eggs are not available for delivery to countries outside the UK.
How do I return an item to Thorntons?
If Thorntons miss the agreed delivery date of your orders, you can cancel your orders immediately for the following reasons:
They have refused to deliver the goods.
Delivery within the delivery deadline was essential (taking into account all the relevant circumstances).
You informed them before the contract was made that delivery by the agreed delivery date was essential.
If you do not want to cancel your order immediately, you can provide a new delivery date, which must be reasonable, and you can cancel your order if the company does not meet this new date.
Damaged and delay flowers or personalized items are the only scenarios available for refund or replacement of these items. Cancellation of for these orders is not available as well but for other products, you can cancel within 14 days by notifying Thorntons in order to receive a refund. You can return the items in the following address:
The easiest way to cancel a contract is to send an email to email@example.com. Your cancellation is effective from the date you send them the email or return the form. You will be refunded the price of the products in full, plus any applicable delivery charges you paid to the credit card, debit card or gift card that you made payment with. Nevertheless, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the items unless they are damaged and not as described or there is a delay in delivery.
Thorntons offers the perfect corporate solution whether it's for a hospitality event, product launch, marketing campaign or a thank you for a job well done. They have provide everything from personalized options to corporate discounts and multiple delivery solutions from trays of individual delicious chocolates to luxury hampers. You can browse their range on their Corporate Gifting website or by calling them at 01773 526738 to discuss your requirements.