What is Travelzoo?
Travelzoo is an international online media company founded by Ralph Bartel in 1998 with headquarters located in New York City. The company started out with an initial investment of just $10,000. They published their first Top 20 and e-mailed one million US members in September 2000. Today, they have around 28 million members in North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific, as well as 26 offices across the world.
The company has over 250 Deal Experts worldwide who are ex-journalists and researchers. They research, evaluate and test all their deals. To take advantage of the Asia Pacific region’s increased travel growth, they acquired Travelzoo Asia Pacific in 2015. Companies also pay to advertise to their site, but only those approved by them are listed.
Travelzoo is the most trusted publisher of travel, entertainment deals, and local deals. They recommend only the very best deals whose price and availability they can confirm. They never publish a deal they wouldn’t book themselves. In addition, they have a Test Booking Centre which verifies every Top 20 deal before they publish it as well as being independent in their reviews.
Find the best and the hottest Travelzoo sales, offers, discounts, voucher codes and promo codes here at Latest Deals. Our massive community of bargain hunters are always on the lookout the best possible deals to share for our members each month!
Travelzoo (BBC Breakfast - 11/7/15)
What does Travelzoo sell?
Travelzoo publishes deals from more than 2,000 travel, entertainment and local businesses such as restaurants and spas. Travelzoo is the largest publisher of travel, entertainment and local deals. Each deal published on their online site is tested for accuracy, availability and overall ease of the booking process. Their 250 deal experts hand-pick the best travel and lifestyle deals, just for you.
Their online catalogue includes the following categories:
- Top 20
- Uk & Ireland Breaks
- Last-Minute Deals
Tom’s Tip: Each deal has unique guidelines, set by the local business. Pay close attention to these little details before you buy, as they usually refer to things like dates when the deal is not available, how many deals you are allowed to purchase or redeem and whether or not the deal can be combined with any other offers.
How do I contact Travelzoo?
- You can find answers to common questions and enquiries in their Help-FAQ page.
- For questions about vouchers, you can call their Customer Service team on +44 (0) 20 3564 3000.
- For questions about hotel bookings, you can call their Customer Service team on +44 (0) 20 3564 9000.
- Their Customer Service team is available 24 hours a day.
What are the delivery options for Travelzoo?
Once your purchase is complete, they’ll charge your credit or debit card and send you an email confirmation with a link to access your voucher. Vouchers are also stored in “My Account” on the Travelzoo site and can be printed at any time. To redeem your voucher, follow the booking instructions on the voucher and be sure to check the fine print for special instructions. If reservations are required, they recommend you call the merchant as soon as possible to get the dates that you want. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged.
How do I return an item to Travelzoo?
- If your voucher purchase or hotel reservation is eligible for a refund or cancellation, you can do it online.
- Sign in to “My Account.” Then select “My Purchases” and click the “Cancel” button for hotels or “Request Refund” button for vouchers.
- They offer full refunds within 14 days of purchase on most vouchers, except for vouchers for date-specific events, vouchers noted as non-refundable.
- After 14 days, all voucher sales are final.
- For hotel bookings, most reservations can be canceled free of charge up until a few days before check-in.
- They will send you a confirmation email as soon as your refund or cancellation is processed.
- No refunds can be issued for expired vouchers.
What is a non-refundable rate?
A non-refundable rate is usually a discounted or promotional rate that may be charged in full when you make the reservation and cannot be refunded after booking (This often includes Advanced Purchase rates.) If a rate is non-refundable, the cancellation policy on the payment page will state "non-refundable once booked."
For more information, read their full Terms and Conditions page.
Trying to find a restaurant for tomorrow evening? Looking for a getaway this weekend? Or maybe a Caribbean holiday next week? This is where you'll find the best last-minute deals.
The great thing about last-minute deals is the discounts you can find. The closer it gets to the date, the more airlines reduce their fares, hotels reduce their rates and restaurants want to fill seats. So it's always good to keep an eye out for last-minute offers.
You know that feeling you get when all your holiday plans come together perfectly? The whole experience exceeds your expectations and better still, you know that you got it all for an unbelievably good price. That's the #TravelzooFeeling.