What is Vodafone?
Vodafone is a provider of telecommunications services in the UK and a part of the Vodafone Group founded in 1982. Today, they are one of the world’s leading mobile communications providers, operating in 26 countries and in partnership with networks in over 55 more. They have around 444 million customers across the world and about 19.5 million in the UK alone making them the third largest mobile telecom network nationally after EE Mobile and O2.
The company made their very first mobile phone call on January 1985 from London to their Newbury headquarters. Later that year, they launched the country’s first cellular network. After a couple of years, they launched Vodapage which provided 80% of UK’s population with a paging service. The company launched Vodata in 1994, providing digital data, fax and a text messaging service. They also began working with Globalstar to develop and launch a satellite to provide a satellite phone service. The first 3G voice call in the UK was made in 2001 on the Vodafone UK network, with an initial network of 30 base stations in the Thames Valley. In 2003, they introduced the Speaking Phone which is a phone for blind and visually impaired users.
The acquisition of Cable & Wireless in 2012 gave the company access to its own fixed line network, in addition to the already established mobile network, allowing them to begin work on launching various fixed line services. They also began working on a consumer Broadband and TV proposition, utilising its fibre network. In 2015, they launched its broadband offering to the UK public.
Find the best and the hottest Vodafone sales, offers, discounts, voucher codes, promos and coupon codes here at Latest Deals posted and verified each month by our massive community of bargain hunters!
Short video explaining key features about Vodafone Dedicated Internet Access.
What does Vodafone sell?
From being a network you can depend on, to their exclusive entertainment partners and their Network Satisfaction Guarantee, they are indeed different. Whether you’re looking for a Pay monthly or Pay as you go phone, SIM only bundle, tablet, Mobile Wi-Fi device or data dongle, they can connect you. You have an option to order online, in-store or over the phone. And with free next day delivery before 10pm or Click and Collect, you can choose how you get your hands on your new phone as well.
Their online catalogue includes the following categories:
- Pay monthly deals
- Pay as you go deals
- SIM only deals
- iPad and tablets
- Mobile Broadband
- Home Broadband
How do I contact Vodafone?
- You can find answers to common questions and enquiries on their Help & Support page.
- You can chat to one of their adviser online through their Live Chat.
- Ask questions and share tips with other customers 24 hours a day on their Community page.
- Use their Store Locator to find the nearest in store in your area.
- You can call their advisers on 191 on your Vodafone mobile or on 03333 040 191 from other UK landlines or mobiles (standard call charges apply), Monday to Sunday from 8am-9pm.
- You can call Home Broadband support on 08080 034 515, seven days a week between 8am-11pm.
What are the delivery options for Vodafone?
Next Day Delivery
- Cost: FREE
- Delivery Time: Order before 10pm on weekdays and get your order delivered to you the next working day, at no extra cost. If you order before 10pm on a Saturday, Sunday or a bank holiday, your order will be delivered two working days later.
- Cost: From £3.99
- Delivery Time: Pick the time slot that’s best for you. Available from Monday to Friday on selected products such as SIM only orders and some accessories aren't eligible for premium delivery.
- Cost: FREE
- Delivery Time: If your chosen product is available in your local store, you can simply order it online and collect within 30 minutes of receiving a confirmation email. If your chosen store doesn't have the product in stock, you can order it from their warehouse to be delivered to store. This takes 2-4 days.
- You can track the progress of your order with their online Order Tracker. You just need to enter your order number and postcode.
For more information, read their full Delivery Information page.
How do I return an item to Vodafone?
Once you’ve received your product, you have 30 days to decide if you’d like to keep it. Their 30-day returns policy doesn’t apply to the following:
- Digital items and software such as music and games which have been unsealed, downloaded or used.
- Equipment or services ordered from another company (like Carphone Warehouse). You’ll need to check their returns policy.
- Products or services provided by another company and charged to your Vodafone bill. The supplier’s terms will apply, and you’ll need to go back to them to cancel.
Make sure to inform them before returning any product and send it back within 14 days of telling them. You need to provide them with your proof of purchase and ensure the product you’re returning is in its original packaging, undamaged, and complete with all its accessories. Include any free or discounted promotional products you received with the product.
Business (1 to 9 connections)
If your order was placed on or after 8 April 2016, you have 30 days from receiving your product to decide if you’d like to keep it. If your order was placed prior to this date, it’s covered by their old 14-day returns policy. If you decide it’s not for you, you’ll need to provide your proof of purchase and ensure the product you’re returning is in its original packaging, undamaged, and complete with all its accessories. Any free or discounted promotional products you received must also be included.
Once you’ve informed them that you want to return the product, make sure it is returned safely back to them within 14 days. This 14-day period is distinct from the 30-day returns window.
For more information, read their full Returns Policy page.
V by Vodafone
Explore the Internet of Things with V by Vodafone. Connect smart devices for every part of your life all from one simple app. It's here you can see all your V-Sim devices and manage your subscriptions. So everything is simple from the very start. V-Sim connects your V-Sim smart devices to their network, removing the need for Bluetooth or WiFi. So you can know that what matters most is safe, even when you're not nearby.
Recently signed up to Vodafone Home Phone and Broadband or upgraded your service? Coleen from Vodafone UK takes you through Pro-Rata charges, making it easier and clearer to understand how they calculate your bill.