Warm Home Discount Scheme. £140 off Energy Bill for Eligible Customers
You could get £140 off your electricity bill for winter 2017 to 2018 under the Warm Home Discount Scheme.
The money isn’t paid to you - it’s a one-off discount on your electricity bill, between September and March.
You may be able to get the discount on your gas bill instead if your supplier provides you with both gas and electricity. Contact your supplier to find out.
EligibilityThere are 2 ways to qualify for the Warm Home Discount Scheme:
- you get the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit - known as the ‘core group’
- you’re on a low income and meet your energy supplier’s criteria for the scheme - known as the ‘broader group’
How you apply for the Warm Home Discount Scheme depends on how you qualify for the discount.
Pre-pay or pay-as-you-go meters You can still qualify for the discount if you use a pre-pay or pay-as-you-go electricity meter.
Your electricity supplier can tell you how you’ll get the discount if you’re eligible, for example a voucher you can use to top up your meter.
Energy suppliersThe following suppliers are part of the scheme:
- Atlantic - see SSE
- Bristol Energy - only if you’re eligible for the ‘core group’
- British Gas
- Co-operative energy
- Economy Energy
- EDF Energy
- Extra Energy
- First Utility
- Fischer Energy - only if you’re eligible for the winter 2017 to 2018 ‘core group’
- Flow Energy
- GB Energy - see Co-operative energy
- Manweb - see ScottishPower
- M&S Energy - see SSE
- Our Power - only if you’re eligible for the ‘core group’
- Sainsbury’s Energy - see British Gas
- Scottish Gas - see British Gas
- Scottish Hydro - see SSE
- Southern Electric - see SSE
- Spark Energy
- SWALEC - see SSE
- Utility Warehouse