What is CEX?
CeX was founded by Robert Ddani and Paul Farrington in 1992 and is a UK-based second hand goods chain specializing in technology, computing and video games. Their aim is to make it possible for people to afford even the most exotic kit by trading in their old and unwanted computing items, as well as games and gadgets. They also aim to be the place where people can pick up second hand oldies but still goodies at very affordable prices. Today, the company has grown to more than 350 stores across the UK and more than 100 stores in countries such as the US, Spain, Ireland, Australia, India, the Netherlands, Portugal and Mexico.
The company’s first store was launched on London’s Whitfield Street, close to Tottenham Court Road. CeX has moved away from Computer eXchange in the recent years into an acronym for Complete Entertainment Exchange. CeX is determined to be an environmentally friendly retailer by not always selling new shiny stuff but instead selling cheaper second hand stull that are fully tested and backed by a full one year warranty and served by knowledgeable staff. They also sell everything at the market price, so if something does not sell, they reduce the price and if sells too, they increase the price, which to them is simple market economics.
Here at Latest Deals you will find the best and the latest CeX sales, discounts, voucher codes and coupon codes! Each month our massive community of bargain hunters are on the lookout for great value to post for our members so make sure to always come back to take advantage of the amazing savings you can get at LD!
How to say "CeX"
Ever wondered if you're saying it right?
“As always, CEX staff, products and processes are awesome. Took a few items into CEX Hull (Whitefriargate) on Saturday 7th October, to sell and exchange for a PS4 Pro. The staff are so helpful, explaining the prices, the testing involved and the warranty. I mentioned I wanted a PS4 Pro, so they held one aside for me while they tested my other items. They let me physically check the new console to ensure I was happy before boxing it up.” – Chris J
“Love CeX. Quick refund for a product I did not like and quick solution in a polite and friendly package. For sure, I will chose them for my next phone.” – Bogdan Tocmelea
What does CEX sell?
CeX buy, sell and exchange a range of technology and entertainment products including mobile phones, video games, DVDs and Blu-ray movies, computers, digital electronics, TVs and monitors, and music CDs. You can also donate some or all of the value of the items you are selling to them to a range of charities. Their online catalogue includes the following categories:
- Film & TV
How do I contact CEX?
- For enquiries and questions, you can email them using their Online Contact Form.
- If you wish to speak to them in person, you can use their Store Finder and visit them in one of their stores.
If you prefer in writing, their postal address is:
21 Greycaines Road
What are the delivery options for CEX?
They offer FREE delivery within the UK, using the billing address of the payment card used or registered UK address of your PayPal account for orders costing more than £50 or £1.50 for items which costs less than £50. We do not ship to the Channel Islands and outside the UK.
They will usually dispatch your order as soon as possible via Royal Mail.
Your order should arrive at your doorstep within 5 working days from dispatch. They use the following delivery services depending on the value of your order:
- Royal Mail 24 for single item orders.
- Royal Mail 48 for multi shipment orders.
- Royal Mail Special Delivery for items over £150, which requires a signature on delivery.
They may also use UPS or DX Delivery depending on the size and weight of your order, which will require a signature on delivery.
For more information, read their full Delivery Information.
How do I return an item to CEX?
- If you change your mind about your order, you can return it to CeX within 14 days after you have informed them and as long as the item is in the same condition as you have received it. They will also refund any shipping costs.
- For faulty, damaged or wrong items, you can return them within 30 days for a replacement or refund to the original payment method used.
- They also offer a 24 month warranty, so if your item develops a fault after 30 days through normal use, contact them as soon as possible.
- You can return your item(s) to your nearest CeX store or via post including your reason for return and order number for either a refund or replacement.
For more information, read their full Returns Policy.
How to sell an item to CeX
You don't need any minimum at all but you have to be at least 16 years old to be eligible to sell stuff. They have a dedicated team who set their buy-in prices. They aim to give you as much as possible for your goods while making sure they stay the cheapest, most value-laden place to buy your stuff.
There a few things that will help you when selling an item to them. Follow this step by step guide for the best results:
- If not in mint condition, give your product a good clean.
- If already opened, try find as many parts to the product as possible.
- Wipe your data. They do not care for your photographs, texts and Snake high score. They will delete your data from laptops, phones, PC's, consoles, memory cards, HDD's, sister's diary when you send them to us, too.
- Securely package and send it to them.
Sell it to CeX, for more cash than you can possibly imagine!
Don't send your old phones to a galaxy far, far away! Instead, head straight to CeX as they pay the most cash for your stuff or why not exchange them for something else in store or online?