Best student discounts
One of the best parts of being a student is the student discounts. Do you know that there are many different types of discounts just for students? Latest Deals is here to help you to understand how student discounts work and how you can make the most out of them!
What are student discounts?
Student discounts are discounts dedicated exclusively to students. Usually, to be able to use them, you need to prove you are a student. They usually range from 5% to 40% and in some cases can be even higher!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Unfortunately, it’s not all students that have access to discounts. They need to be 16 and plus and be registered in a college or university. In some cases, there are discounts for people enrolled in apprenticeship programs. They will need a specific card (NUS Apprentice extra card) and might not be able to get the same discounts like the other students mentioned above.
How can I get student discounts?
As mentioned above, you need to prove you are a student to get student discounts and there are many different ways to do that. If you are looking to get a discount in-store, you can either use your student card, the one you get from your college or university or show your ID via apps. These apps are exclusively dedicated to student discounts and concentrate everything in the same place in order to make your life easier. Below are some examples:
Totum self-proclaims to be the number one student discount card and app, which gives access to huge offers in many categories. You can use these discounts in-stores and online. For that, you need to buy a membership card, you will pay £14.99 for one year of access.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You can get some student discounts for free, so you don’t necessarily need to pay for Totum. This is only good if you are looking to expand your student discounts options and have £14.99 to spare.
Unidays is completely free and one of the best options if you are looking to get access to student discounts. If you are 16+ and are studying at a university or a college, you can use it.
IMPORTANT NOTE: It’s important to get both Unidays and Student Beans, as in some cases, they have exclusive offers, so you want to guarantee that you are accessing all the discounts.
International Student Identity Card
This is an option if you are an international student or are planning to travel abroad. With this virtual card, you can get student discounts in over 130 countries. This will cost you 10 euros per year for a digital version.
Where do I find student discounts?
The best way to get student discounts is by looking at the Latest Deals dedicated student page, where we post every day new deals exclusive to students. Check it frequently to not miss any good deals. You can find deals in various categories.
Then you can move on to the apps, such as Unidays and Student Beans, but you can also Google specific student discounts. Before you make any purchase online, ALWAYS, look for a student discount if you are a student and have the means to prove it.
Also, when you are shopping in-store, make sure you have your student ID with you and ask about discounts there as well. In some cases, they will ask you to show your ID via Unidays or Student Beans, so you need to have an account with them.
UK student discounts for clothing
- ASOS – 10% discount all year round. You can claim it with your Unidays code.
- Boohoo – 10% discount all year round. You can claim it with your Unidays code.
- New Look –10% discount all year round. You can claim it with your Unidays code.
- River Island – 10% discount all year round. You can claim it with your Student Beans code.
- Urban Outfitters –10% discount all year round. You can claim it with your Unidays code.
UK student discounts for food
- Dominos Pizza – 35% discount online on purchases of £25+. You can claim it with your Student Beans code. However, you can find 50% discount codes with our free Domino’s Pizza Voucher tool.
- Pizza Express – 30% discount on food and drink from Sunday to Thursday. You can claim it with your Totum card.
- Co-op – 10% discount on grocery shopping all year round. You can claim it with your Totum card.
- Pizza Hut: 20% discount on selected items from Sunday to Thursday. You can claim it with your Student Beans code.
UK student discounts for entertainment/media
- Spotify Premium – Students get Spotify Premium for one month free and after that, they only need to pay £4.99/month.
- Amazon Prime – Students get Amazon Prime for six months free and after that, they only need to pay £3.99/month.
UK student discounts for health and beauty
- The Body Shop – 15% discount all year round. You can claim it with your Unidays code.
- The Fragrance Shop – 15% discount all year round. You can claim it with your Unidays code.
- Boots – 10% discount all year round. You can claim it with your Totum code.
UK student discounts for books and school supplies
- Foyles – 10% discount all year round. You need to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and course of study, then you will get your discount code.
- Waterstones – 10% discount all year round. You can claim it with your Unidays code.
- Paperchase – 10% discount all year round. You can claim it with your Unidays code.
UK student discounts for technology
- Adobe Creative Cloud – Adobe gives students up to a 65% discount. This is one of the best deals you can get being a student. For only £16.25 per month, you will have access to more than 20 apps, including Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Apple for education – Apple gives students up to a 10% discount. With this, you can get two of the best laptops for students in the market.
- Microsoft Office – Microsoft gives you totally for free the whole Office suite.
UK student discounts for mobile
- Vodafone – Vodafone gives students a 10% discount on pay monthly plans.
- EE – EE gives students 20% off on pay monthly plans.
- Three - Three has specific deals only for students. All you have to do is give your personal college or university email address.
UK student discounts for travel
Transportation in the UK can be expensive, so there are many student discounts for travel that you can take advantage of:
- 18+ Student Oyster TFL – You will get a 30% discount on different transportation fares around London.
- 16-25 Railcard - You will get ⅓ of the train tickets price off. You need to buy it for £30 to be able to use it for one year. You don’t necessarily need to be a student, but age between 16 to 25 years old.
- Megabus – 10% discount for all students. You can claim it with your Totum code.
- National Express – National Express offers different deals with Totum, Unidays and Student Beans, you will need to have access to their apps to check their deals available You could also get a Young Persons Coachcard that gives you ⅓ of bus ticket price off. You need to buy it for £12.50 to be able to use it for one year.