An alternative to HotUKDeals (HUKD)
Welcome HotUKDeals users! It’s nice to have you here on LatestDeals. As a HUKD user you’re probably already familiar with the concept of our site:
- We’re a bargain hunting community - people helping each other
- We share deals, vouchers, freebies & competitions.
LatestDeals vs HotUKDeals
Whilst there are lots of similarities between HotUKDeals and LatestDeals we’d like to think there are some important differences too:
- Latest Deals gives back. Every time you contribute, you earn points which add up to Amazon vouchers. We are the only deal hunting community to do this. At Latest Deals, members always come first. We know what's important. Read more about points here.
- Latest Deals is open and honest. We show you the best deals voted for by real people. The home page of Hot UK Deals now defaults to “Highlights” rather than what’s Hot or Trending. The home page of Latest Deals shows only the deals voted for by our community of bargain hunters. If you're wondering, you can read exactly how we make money here.
- Latest Deals is for deal hunters, by deal hunters. Do you want to be part of a community which listens to you and creates features from your ideas? On Latest Deals, everyone has a say. Read How Would You Make Latest Deals Better?
- Latest Deals is smaller and that's a good thing. We can take a very personal approach on Latest Deals. You can speak with Tom, Deepak and Kelsey, the founders of Latest Deals, at any point and you'll see us everywhere on the website. We take part in deal hunting, we join in the conversations on Chat, we post pictures and videos in our Facebook Group, and we speak regularly with fellow members. When was the last time you spoke to the founder of HUKD?
Is Hot UK Deals better than Latest Deals?
Hot UK Deals is bigger, but better? That will be for you to judge (join Latest Deals for free here). Latest Deals is the underdog - the newbie - and thousands of HUKD members are switching because of the reasons above: we give back, we're honest, we're a deal hunting community built by deal hunters, and because we're smaller.
Exactly what a deal is can be very subjective. People on HotUKDeals will disagree with each other, just as people on LatestDeals will too. We recently had an example over here on LD with a deal giving everyone a heads up about the Nintendo Switch coming up for pre-order on Amazon. Some felt that this was a deal - it was the best price available for the product, and was also helpful as people were looking to pre-order. Whilst others felt it wasn’t - Nintendo released their console at a much higher price than anticipated and so people felt the console didn’t offer good value for money. The beauty of community deals websites are that everyone can voice their opinion. Then, when someone looking to buy comes along they can gobble up all of the information and comments and make an informed buying decision.