You Can Get 15% Off Millions of eBay Products This Week
- eBay is offering 15% off millions of items this week
- You can nab bargains in several departments, from electronics to home and garden
- LatestDeals.co.uk provides tips for successful bidding on eBay
If you’ve had your eye on anything in particular on eBay, this week is the time to snap it up, as the online auction site is offering 15% off selected sellers until this Friday night.
Using the code PLETHORA, eBay buyers can save on millions of items from retail giants such as Adidas, Microsoft and Samsung, and get discounts on a range of purchases, from sofas to shoes.
Popular items include a sparkly knit dress from Jigsaw for £29, reduced from £150, a Dualit kettle reduced from £145.99 to £119, and a grey armchair for £112.99 down from £225.99.
Shoppers need to spend at least £10 to take advantage of the discount, with the maximum discount available £60.
Tom Church, Co-Founder of LatestDeals.co.uk, has additional tips for eBay deal hunters. He recommends:
- Don’t just bid on eBay items you want: make offers to sellers before starting a bidding war. More often than not, you can get the item you want at rock bottom prices.
- Search for misspelt keywords on eBay. Items spelt wrongly e.g. “Tophop” rather than “Topshop” will get far less attention so you won’t have to compete with other buyers.
- Make sure to check the postage costs by filtering items by “Lowest price + P&P”. This will ensure you don’t get caught out by a well-priced item that has an astronomical postage price.
- Before bidding too high for an item you want, check “Sold Listings” to see how much similar products have recently been sold for: this will help you avoid overpaying.
- In life, it’s best not to wait till the last minute to do things, but on eBay it’s the opposite. Filter your search to find auctions that are about to end, then swoop in with your brilliant bids. If you spot something that still has a few days to go, save it to your watch list and come back to it just in time to avoid inflating the price before the end of the auction.
- Always use PayPal for added payment protection.