Tom's Deals on ITV Lorraine, July 2019
Tom Church, The Deal Hunter on ITV Lorraine, shares his top bargains for cheap holidays and family days out (and in!).
National Rail - 2 for 1 on Main UK Attractions
- Travel by train on National Rail and go to Days Out Guide online. There you can get 2-for-1 on attractions nationwide such as Thorpe Park, The Coca-Cola London Eye, and SeaLife.
LEGOLAND Kids Go Free - when you go for a weekend
- This whole Summer kids go free to LEGOLAND when you stay at the resort.
- Get 1 free child (under 15) per paying adult.
- Prices start at £42 per person
- Or, if you prefer just a day pass, LEGOLAND has a "monster sale" on today (ends Wednesday) giving you up to 40% off tickets. Prices start at just £28 per person
- Toby Carvery, Harvester, Prezzo, ASK Italian and Bella Italia!
- Just have a search for the restaurant name and "Kids eat for £1" and you'll see the offers on their website (e.g. see here)
Luxury Spa Days - Pamper yourself rotten, you deserve it
- Spa day + afternoon tea for two people, just £37.73 (instead of £99) at BuyAGift (see here).
- Already reduced from £99 to £49 but use BUYAGIFTSPA23 and you get an extra 23% off.
- 8 locations to choose from
CheekyWeekend is a travel tool that finds bargain flights to Europe leaving on Friday, returning on Sunday.
- It's perfect for busy mums and dads who need a quick getaway.
- It is a premium subscription tool. But if you use the code CHEEKY7 you get a 7-day free trial (cancel anytime).
Ryanair Seat Hack - How to get the best seats for free
- Ryanair normally charges huge fees to book a good seat. But, if you check-in at the very last minute, 2 hours before the flight, you have a higher chance of being allocated the best seats for free.
- I recently went to Porto, Portugal, and got seat 01A on the way back
- Travel insurance - Never buy as part of a package holiday or when booking flights. Search for cheaper. Use CompareTheMarket and you also get Meerkat Meals & Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 at restaurants and cinemas all year).
- Travel money - Avoid rip-off fees at airport foreign exchange and use mobile banking apps instead. My favourite is Starling Bank - zero-fees including when taking cash out at an ATM, and the live exchange rate - no extra fees.
- Foreign plugs - Got lots of devices that need charging? Don't buy lots of converters. Take an extension cord and one converter