Boxing Day Sales Have Started ALREADY (Best Discounts)
- Retailers Slash Prices by 50%
- Discounts BETTER than Black Friday
- Over 83% off in some aisles
- Christmas spending predicted to rise
Retailers have kicked off their Christmas sales early this year, as some slash prices by over 80%.
The UK’s winter sales, which traditionally start on Boxing Day, have followed in the footsteps of Black Friday this year, by starting their discounts earlier than expected.
Shoppers who didn’t splurge on Black Friday and held off until December will be better off than those who bought into Black Friday deals.
Brands including Argos, Debenhams, Tesco, and John Lewis have cut up to 50% off items, while some bargain hunters have spotted reductions of up to 83% in supermarket aisles.
Analysis from the Office for National Statistics and the Centre for Retail Research found that this could be a record breaking week for retailers, and could be even bigger than Black Friday.
It is predicted that in the week before Christmas, £5.5 billion will be spent on the high street, and £1.5 billion will be spent online, which is a 1.4% increase on spending last year.
Bargain hunters who have left their shopping to the last minute will be able to cash in on the best deals, as retailers have cut prices in order to make up for poor sales due to last week’s snow and icy conditions kept consumers indoors.
Lisa Hooker, consumer markets leader at accounting firm PwC, said, “As we approach Christmas itself, we are already seeing a rise in promotional activity.
“Retailers are trying to attract customers through their doors and clear festive stock, particularly as last week’s snow and ice put a dent on high street turnover across large parts of the country.
“We are expecting to see more bargains for shoppers in the coming week, with more retailers offering promotions that they did on Black Friday.”
Here’s a roundup of what retailers have started their winter sales early:
- Toy sales event on the most popular toys this Christmas
- 30% discounts on Christmas decorations
- Up to half price on electricals, health and beauty
- Argos deals at Latest Deals
- Half price gift event on womens, mens, beauty, kids, and home
- Also half price on sought after toys
- Customers can also claim £15 cashback on the event
- Debenhams deals at Latest Deals
- Up to 30% off Christmas decorations, crackers, and trees
- 30% off on selected toys, including exclusive to John Lewis
- 50% off selected womenswear brands
- John Lewis deals at Latest Deals
- Massive toy sale, including 3 for 2 offers, and popular toy prices slashed to half price, but discounts are only available while stocks last
- 15% off on all gift experiences
- Clearance on all Christmas trees, lights, and decorations
- Tesco deals at Latest Deals
- 3 for 2 on Christmas gifts and decorations
- Free delivery on Christmas flowers
- Half price wine and champagne
- Marks and Spencer deals at Latest Deals
- Half price on Christmas decorations
- 50% off womens, mens, and homeware, including gift sets
- 20% off selected jewellery
- House of Fraser deals on Latest Deals
- 65% off selected boots
- Up to 80% off selected clothing
- Over 9500 products half price or less
- Asos- Last year Asos kicked off its’ winter sale on the 21st, with prices dropping by up to 50%. Bargain hunters should keep an eye on the site for its’ sale to start early this year too. For Asos deals now, head to their merchant page on Latest Deals.
- Next- Next Boxing Day sales are known to be busy. Last year, it started the sale online on Christmas Eve, and instore on Boxing Day. The retailer had discounts of up to 50%. If you want to avoid the Boxing Day rush and get the best early deals, check the site on Christmas Eve. For Next savings now, checkout LatestDeals.co.uk
- Amazon- Although Amazon has kept some of its’ Black Friday discounts going, more are predicted to be added on Christmas Day. Last year, they offered Deal of the Day, where discounts lasted 24 hours, as well as reductions of 50% going into January. For Amazon discounts now, look at their page on LatestDeals.co.uk.