There are many footwear brands across the world, but a small number hold as much prestige in sports, lifestyle, fashion, and popular culture as the one with the three stripes. Adidas has a legacy that spans almost seven decades, and has had its ups and downs in the sneaker market. The brand came seriously close to filing for bankruptcy in the early 90s, but eventually came out victorious and has since continued to do battle with other industry powerhouses for the top spot and launched numerous iconic models that have forever changed how the world sees footwear.
Some Adidas sporty facts
- The brand was incepted out of a sibling rivalry between Adi and Rudolf Dassler.
- Adidas was almost named adidas but was turned down upon registration since there was already an existing German shoe company for kids going by that name.
- The infamous three stripes was from a Finnish shoe brand named Karhu which Dassler bought the rights to for €1600 and a couple bottles of whiskey, according to stories that is.
- The trefoil logo of the apparel line of Adidas is a clover-like plant with three-lobed leaves that best suits the brand’s current stripe theme.
- Adidas paved way to the birth of shower shoes when the German football team went to the company in the 60s because they are looking for shoes for their players to wear when taking showers and in the shower in order to get protected from gross things that tend to grow in those areas.
- In 1967, the company sold their very first tracksuit called the Franz Beckenbauer tracksuit, named after the renowned German footballer.
- The adidas Micropacer was a smart shoe that the company launched in the 80s but was gone by ’87. It was brought back to life in 2014 for its 30th anniversary.
- Michael Jordan wanted to sign with adidas but the management wants taller players to represent their brand on court.
- David Beckham on the other hand has a lifetime endorsement deal with them. And though he’s already retired, he still remains as an adidas brand ambassador.
- Thornleigh Salesian College in Bolton has banned its students from wearing Stan Smith shoes.
- Passengers aboard the very first commercial flight to space with Virgin Galactic will wear boots and jumpsuits made by adidas including Richard Branson and Leonardo DiCaprio. These will be designed by the Y3 team headed by Yohji Yamamoto.
adidas sale uk
You can enjoy the best of adidas for less at the adidas Outlet store in the UK where you can get up to 50% off on premium sportswear and streetwear engineered for action. They also classic styles and modern designs. Simply click to shop their selection of adidas clearance sale for men, women and kids like cheap adidas clothing. A wide range of styles & colours in the official adidas online store.
Discover massive adidas outlet discount code here at Latest Deals shared and posted by our massive community of bargain hunters! Plus we also have the hottest daily cheap adidas gazelle, cheap adidas superstar, adidas yeezy, adidas hamburg sale and adidas bargain UK deals, offers and voucher codes from retailers like JD Sport, MandM Direct, TJ Hughes, Asos, Zalando and more from your favourite retailers. Our money saving experts are always looking out for the best possible deals around the internet to ensure you will enjoy great savings and get value for money deals.
True to the name, adidas have yet again re-envisioned ‘Original is never finished’. Now with the help of a new set of creators (Kendall Jenner, James Harden, 21 Savage, Young Thug, and Playboi Carti), and a new take on the iconic Frank Sinatra track, they recreate their original film to prove that #ORIGINALis never finished. When something is pushed far enough, it becomes original again.
The infamous Trefoil logo of the brand, formerly used on all their products, has been applied since 1997 only to heritage products; the Performance logo, which had been seen on their "Equipment" range of products since 1991, replaced the Trefoil in 1997 across all of the Adidas line. adidas Originals covers sports fashion styles with references to the decades between the 40s and the 80s. The brand has a distinctively retro old school feel. In 2008, adidas launched an extensive campaign in order to promote the label.
You can find numerous adidas Originals concept world across the globe in South America, North America, Europe, Asia and Oceania. Aside from the UK, several adidas stores can be found inside of JD Sports stores. Some brand ambassadors of the label include 2NE1, Nicki Minaj, Big Sean, Derrick Rose, Jay Park, Nick Young, Palyboy Carti, Jessica Jung and Jeremy Scott. Adidas Originals campaign includes everything from focusing on creative spirit specific to unique cities around the world to a celebration of sportswear.
- adidas Yeezy. The adidas Yeezy Boost collections is the official sneaker collaboration between the brand and American rapper, Kanye West. The first one to be released on 2015 was the Yeezy 750 Boost in light brown.
- adidas EQT. Since its birth in the 90s, the line has produced numerous footwear for different sports like track and field and soccer. Its various colours and silhouettes has attracted many fans and the line also houses many models and has since expanded to accessories and apparel as well.
- adidas Ace. This is a line of footwear specially designed for the sport of foottball which include the laceless ACE 17+ Purecontrol boot being worn by ftttPaul Pogba, Juan Mata, Mesut Ozil and Dele Alli but in modified versions.
- adidas ZX Flux. The adidas ZX Flux took inspiration at the classic adidas ZX 8000 running shoe. Since its release in 2014, several coluorways and material combinations including Xeno, Primeknit, snakeskin, mesh, and graphic print have been launched.
- adidas Superstar. A low-top sneaker manufactured by the company since 1969. The Superstar line was originally launched as a low-top version of the Pro Model basketball shoe. Nicknamed the clamtoe, shelltoe, shell shoes, and shell tops, sea shells (along with Adicolours) their iconic design is known as one of the major influences in the sneaker culture.
- adidas Y3. Yohji Yamamoto partnered with adidas to bring fans designer sports fashion from the East. October 2002 saw the birth of the most influential cooperation in sport and fashion to date with the launch of the 2003 Spring/Summer Y-3 Men's and Women's collection. The "Y" stands for Yohji Yamamoto, the "3" represents adidas' three signature stripes
- adidas NMD. Created from the roaming spirit of the adidas Originals collections, the NMD came about as an instant wardrobe staple upon release. Created with urban exploration as a focal point, the fusion of BOOST and Primeknit spawned a perfect sneaker for styling, providing a mercurial silhouette perfect for all interpretations.
- adidas Neighborhood. This line is a collaboration of the brand with the Japanese streetwear label. The range includes the company’s signature lifestyle sneaker silhouettes like the NMD and Gazelle along with reworked sportswear garments such as a stadium jacket.
- adidas Deerupt. This is a sneaker silhouette of adidas Originals as well as a lifestyle option. The name is a rough combination of disrupt and erupt, but the design itself mainly takes from vintage running styles, more specifically the adidas Marathon.
adidas clothing apparel
The brand manufactures and sells a wide array of clothing apparel, verifying from men’s and women’s t-shirts, hoodies, jackets, leggings, pants and more. Also, Adidas AG is the largest manufacturer of sports bras in Europe, and the second largest manufacturer in the world. Men and women’s style has never been more athletic. Whether you're looking for inspiration to try a different look on a night downtown, performance-wear on the basketball court, or simply need to bulk up the wardrobe, they’ve got you covered.