Cheapest Blue Monday Deals, Voucher Codes & Offers on Sale
Get access to cheap yet reliable Bluemonday products that popular UK retailers are selling on the internet. Here at Latest Deals, you will find the Bluemonday items that you are looking for easily and at very reasonable rates. Our team of enthusiastic bargain hunters has gathered and tested the latest Bluemonday deals so you can be assured that any voucher code is up-to-date. Enjoy Bluemonday voucher codes which also includes free delivery and access to the best products. You can save as much as 60% on selected products at Zizzi, Hihosilver, and other UK sellers.Read more
January can be a great month for many different reasons, most of all that a new year has just begun that we can use to fulfill our New Year’s resolutions and achieve any number of other things we’ve decided to put out minds to.
However, a cold, cloudy January can also be quite the comedown after the festive holiday season that preceded it, one that was filled with the very scrumptious dishes that caused us to gain the weight we’re endeavoring to lose in the first place. So, to be fair: of all the months of the year, January can be considered the bleakest of them all. A case of the Mondays can always get you down, but this day, in particular, is the saddest of them all. Blue Monday, which this year falls on January 21, is the most depressing date on the calendar, according to a strange tradition with even more unusual origins. According to Dr. Cliff Arnall, a U.K.-based psychologist, coined the term “Blue Monday” 14 years ago to describe the third Monday in January, which he claims is the saddest day of the year. According to BBC, to come up with the date, Arnall used an equation that took into account the weather, the average amount of debt a person has after the holidays coupled with their ability to pay it off, the time that’s elapsed since Christmas, people’s average levels of motivation, having to return to work, and how long it took people to break their New Year’s Resolutions. The date varies from year to year, depending on a variety of factors, such as weather, debt, the time that has passed since Christmas day, the time that has passed since we failed at fulfilling our New Year’s resolutions, low motivation levels connected with previous failures, and the need to take action. The formula for calculating which day is the “bluest” day of the year has been mocked by many academics as pseudoscience, as it does not use any specific units and does not seem to be particularly foolproof.
Blue Monday: Why it's the WORST Day of the Year
How to Shake those January Blues
Here are some tips to help shake off those January blues:
- Create achievable resolutions. New Year’s resolutions are a great idea to give you focus and motivation in the New Year. However, a common mistake made is to try and set yourself goals that are too ambitious, this can end up having a negative, rather than positive impact if you fail to make these goals a reality. Pick one achievable goal to try and implement into your lifestyle, rather than trying to take on a complete lifestyle change. By making small changes, you will see the benefits long term.
- Introduce healthier foods to your diet. There is more and more evidence supporting the concept that good nutrition is an essential factor in good mental health. It has been proven that diet can have a big impact on a person’s mood and wellbeing. By simply reducing your sugar intake and increasing the number of wholegrain cereals, nuts, beans, lentil, fruit, and vegetables in your diet, it can help manage and in some cases prevent mental health problems such as depression, schizophrenia, and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Exercise. The NHS state, “Regular exercise can boost your mood if you have depression, and it’s especially useful for people with mild to moderate depression”. NHS guidelines state that adults aged 19-64 should be doing at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity a week and strength exercises two or more days a week. Set yourself a goal to increase the amount of exercise you do each week, something as simple as a brisk walk can count as moderate aerobic activity so start wherever you
- Make plans for the year ahead. Give yourself something to look forward to! It can be something as simple as meeting up with a friend for coffee or as important as starting the search for a new job. If you’re unhappy in your current job, then start being proactive and taking steps towards working out what you want in a new role. Making plans like these will give you a boost and most importantly something to look forward to.
- Random act of kindness. You may have heard people say it’s better to give than receive, but did you know this is backed up by research? Helping others has been shown to be beneficial for your own mental health by reducing stress, improving emotional wellbeing and even benefitting your physical health. There are many ways of doing this, including donating to a charity or volunteering in your community. Take the time to be kind and reap the rewards for your own mental wellbeing.
There are plenty of ways to save on your purchases online. Most online UK shops such as Amazon, eBay, Boots, Currys, and Argos have regular sales, seasonal clearance, and flash sales where you can get a wide array of Blue Monday sales. There are even retailers that have 3 for 2 and 2 for 1 offers on select items.
Also, the best time to get huge savings is during Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Boxing Day where an extensive selection of products like clothing, accessories, perfume, shoes, bags, and more from your favourite UK retailers are reduced to clear.
Knowing when and where to look for the Blue Monday deals is the key here. Fortunately, you don't have to spend hours online searching for restaurant deals, PIzza Hut deals, as well as special offers, bargain deals, and price drops on Blue Monday food, bargain holidays, and cheap getaways.
Our massive community of bargain hunters regularly share verified discounts, promos, and voucher codes from Birchbox, LookFantastic, Google, and from other reputable shops across the country. We also have a team of money-saving experts who always share essential tips and tricks on how you can get every day low prices on footwear, gadgets, clothes, and so much more when shopping both online and instore.
Getting additional money off with the help of Latest Deals is easy. You can maximise your savings by simply using the latest Blue Monday discount code of your choice upon check out. There are also voucher codes that can provide you with free shipping and gifts.
The special offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so once you spot a deal you love, grab it right away. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on fantastic offers and amazing savings everytime you shop!