A cordless telephone or portable telephone is a telephone in which the handset is portable and communicates with the body of the phone by radio, instead of being attached to a cord. The base station is connected to the telephone network through a telephone line as a corded telephone. It also serves as a charger to charge the handset's batteries.
The range is limited, usually to the same building or some short distance from the base station.The base station on subscriber premises is what differentiates a cordless telephone from a mobile telephone.
Current cordless telephone standards, such as PHS and DECT, have blurred the once clear-cut line between cordless and mobile telephones by implementing cell handoff (handover); various advanced features, such as data-transfer; and even, on a limited scale, international roaming. In specialized models, base stations are maintained by a commercial mobile network operator and users subscribe to the service. In 1994, digital cordless phones in the 900 MHz frequency range were introduced. Digital signals allowed the phones to be more secure and decreased eavesdropping—it was relatively easy to eavesdrop on analog cordless phone conversations. In 1995, the digital spread spectrum (DSS) was introduced for cordless phones. This technology enabled the digital information to spread in pieces among multiple frequencies between the receiver and the base, thereby making it almost impossible to eavesdrop on the cordless conversations. Unlike a corded telephone, a cordless telephone needs mains electricity to power the base station. The cordless handset is powered by a rechargeable battery, which is charged when the handset is stored in its cradle.
How to Buy Cordless Phone Batteries
Best Cordless Phones
- Siemens Gigaset Premium C570A. Best-in-class full duplex loudspeaker with HD sound. Large 2.2” TFT colour display with modern user interface. Extra-large phonebook: up to 200 contacts with 3 numbers per entry. Block nuisance callers by adding specific numbers to a blacklist. Flexible stand-alone base with integrated answering machine.
- Siemens Gigaset Premium C570A. Extra-large phone book- up to 500 entries with 3 numbers. Bluetooth and micro USB for data synchronization with PC. Excellent acoustics with quickly adjustable audio profiles. Block nuisance callers by adding specific numbers to a blacklist. Answering machine with up to 55 minutes recording and remote access.
- Siemens Gigaset C530A. Brilliant HSP sound quality. Long talk and standby time of up to 14 and 300 hours. Large 1.8” TFT colour display with a choice of colour schemes. Selectable day/night switch to mute the handset's ringer.
- Siemens Gigaset SL450A GO. Made with the finest materials: handset with aluminum frame. Address book for up to 500 entries with up to 3 telephone numbers each. Bluetooth 2.0 and micro USB for data synchronization with the PC. Excellent HD Sound Quality. Future-proof with full VoIP compatibility.
- Panasonic KX-TGH260. Link2Mobile technology to connect your smartphone. Nuisance Call Blocking. Phonebook memory for 3,000 entries. Digital answer machine with up to 40 minutes of recording time.
There are plenty of ways to save on your purchases online. Most online UK shops such as Amazon, Currys PC World, Robert Dyas, and Argos have regular sales, seasonal clearance, and flash sales where you can get up to 50% off on a wide array of cordless house phones.
There are even retailers that have 3 for 2 and 2 for 1 offer on select items. Also, the best time to get huge savings is during Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Boxing Day where an extensive selection of products like Panasonic cordless phones with answer machine and Panasonic kx prw120 from your favourite UK retailers are reduced to clear.
Knowing when and where to look for the lowest possible price on best cordless phones is the key here. Fortunately, you don't have to spend hours online searching for special offers, bargain deals, and price drops on cordless phones.
Our massive community of bargain hunters regularly share verified cordless phones Tesco discounts, as well as promos and voucher codes from eBay, Very, PC World, Hughes, and from other reputable shops across the country. We also have a team of money-saving experts who always share essential tips and tricks on how you can get every day low prices on portable phone, twin cordless phones, white cordless phone, single cordless phone, or retro cordless phone when shopping both online and instore.
Getting additional money off with the help of Latest Deals is easy. You can maximise your savings by simply using the latest cordless phone discount code of your choice upon check out. There are also voucher codes that can provide you with free shipping and gifts.
The special offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so once you spot a deal you love, grab it right away. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on fantastic offers and amazing savings every time you shop!