A Form of Art
Dance is considered a performing art form which is made up of various sequences of human movement. These movements go with symbolic and aesthetic value. Basically, it is acknowledged by having dance performers and observers within a certain culture.
The art is categorised and described based on its choreography. The same is also true with its repertoire of movements and its place of origin and historical period.
There is also a crucial distinction between the idea of participatory and theatrical dance. While it is true that these categories cannot be separated, they have special functions that make them unique. They can be ceremonial, social, erotic, competitive or even sacred and liturgical. The same is also true with other forms of movements that are somehow synonymous to a dance-like quality. Among these are gymnastics, martial arts, figure skating, cheerleading, marching bands, synchronized swimming and also other kinds of athletics.
Today, dance is no longer confined in theatre performances. There are various platforms in which it is done. This is made possible thanks to the new media currently present. From dances in television, games and more, this art is becoming more and more popular than ever.
How to Get Cheap Dance Deals Online
Dance is not just a form of art. Today it is also considered as a sport. Various dance competitions are held worldwide with participants from different countries. If you love dancing and looking for quality cheap dancewear, cheap dance costumes, and other accessories, you’ve come to the right place.
Here at Latest Deals we have the best discount dance deals on a a range of essentials from dance leotards to dance shoes. You don’t have to break your bank account just to get everything you need to get your groove on. You’ll find all the dance items you need that will fit your budget.
We have a massive community of bargain hunters who always share verified dance deals, discounts, and price drops from shops across the country. We also have a team of money-saving experts who regularly share essential buying tips and tricks that can help you get some serious money off on your online and instore purchases.
You can also find popular gaming console dance deals such as Just Dance Xbox One, Just Dance Wii, and the best Wii dance games on sale. These are great gift ideas for kids on their birthdays or Christmas, and to introduce to them the joy of dancing. Who knows, this may even encourage your little princess to become a ballerina or your little boy to become a dance master someday.
Most UK retailers often have sale such as clearance and flash sale where you can save as much as 50% off on a wide selection of dance essentials. They reduce their prices even further during Black Friday and Boxing Day. But if you want to maximise your savings, make sure to use the latest dance discount codes we have here. There are even voucher codes where you can get freebies and free shipping.
Here is a list of UK online sites where you can buy affordable dance items:
- The Entertainer
- Grainger Games
- Home Bargains
- MandM Direct
The deals and offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so make sure to take advantage of them right away before they expire. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on great savings across dance deals.
Top 5 Best Dance Games of 2018
So you are into dancing and you want to collect as many games for dance as possible? Worry no more because there are affordable deals waiting for you over the internet. Here are the top-rated you should consider playing and so:
- Superstar Dance Club. This is a character-based dancing game. It is almost compatible with the DDR mat controller of Konami. Doing so is the chance to demonstrate your best moves. Optimise Suzy and friends and do not fail to tap your feet or the controller as you go along the music.
- Zumba Fitness World Party. You can feel the culture of Brazil, Hawaii and beyond virtually with this dance game. Pursue a vibrant fitness journey with this. You will enjoy the exotic rhythms and wealthy culture here from all over the world. Expand your capabilities and horizons with the almost 40+ high-energy routines that can burn over 30 calories with the dance styles. There are songs from Pitbull, Lady Gaga, Daddy Yankee and many others.
- Just Dance. Who does not know about this #1 world’s dance game? Expect for this to feature the hottest hits of the year. This is usually way easier and more fun to play, as always. Throughout the music, shake your hips and wave your hands. There is also a Just Dance controller application should be well-versed of.
- Just Dance Disney Party. Yes, you have heard it right. There is a Just Dance Disney Party. Dance like a star with the 25 songs from your most beloved classic Disney movies. You can also do the same with its hottest shows. Do this with your whole family for you can include other three players with you.
- Fantasia: Music Evolved. This game is a breakthrough musical motion video game inspired by the classic animated film, “Fantasia.” In this game, the players would have to be a part of the magical realms of Fantasia. This was chosen by the legendary sorcerer, Yen Sid to hone the magical and musical prowess. This is when players are given the chance to take part in the immersive and interactive motion-controlled journey with both magic and music.
Beginner Dancing: How to Dance Alone
Why Should You Dance?
There are different forms of dance. It starts from ballroom down to barn and disco dancing. These days, dancing is all about recreation already. Furthermore, it also becomes a way of self-expression. As a matter of fact, it is already taken as a competitive activity for many. This is not surprising anymore because dancing is not only enjoyable. It can also be healthy.
Dancing is for everyone. It does not matter what your shape, age and size is. It can still be for you with its physical and mental benefits such as:
- Improved heart and lung condition
- Developed motor fitness, endurance and strength
- Heightened aerobic fitness
- Managed weight
- Intensified aerobic fitness
- Stronger bones with little to no risk of osteoporosis
- Increased confidence
- Better social skills
Starting to Dance
You can do dancing with a group, partner or even your own. Aside from this, there are also other places to enjoy the activity. You can do it in social venues, dance schools, community halls, and even in the confines of your home. So be active and fit! There are group exercise programs you can ponder upon.
You can dance both for competitive and social purposes. It is a sporting choice too, which can be recreational by nature as well. Take part regardless of your age. Do it whether it is raining or cold for you can also perform it indoors.
There are gears you have to take note too. This depends upon the style you select of course. For instance, tap dancing would ask for tap shoes. Ballet would require ballet slippers and ballet clothing. To begin, just pick the right style for you. There are Yellow Pages online for dance schools which you can also join. All of these should work for you.
Popular Types of Dance
Here are the kinds of dance you can pick from:
- Ballet. this comes with a classical music which concentrates on technique, strength and flexibility
- Ballroom dancing. this involves various partner-dancing styles like foxtrot, swing, waltz, tango and rumba
- Belly dancing. this originated from the Middle East. If you are into dancing style in a fun way, then this should be the appropriate one for you.
- Hip-hop. this is performed with a hip-hop music and urban dance style such as popping, breaking, locking and freestyling.
- Salsa. this features a combination of African, Latin American and Caribbean influences. This is partnered with dance and highlights sensuality and rhythms.