Isn’t it amusing to see that DVDs are still in demand despite of the innovations that has conquered the world? And while other products are being left behind, DVDs don’t have plans to quit yet.
- Kids need it. It may be true that mobile devices and tablets are being used by kids at younger and younger ages, and that Netflix streaming has eroded linear viewing of Nickelodeon and other kids channels. But when it comes to home entertainment and long-term usage, DVD is simply a better value. Having shelled out three times for my kids to watch Parental Guidance on a tablet and home screen, I say bring on the Blu-ray (and hope it doesn’t get scratched).
- The industry’s own marketing says so. UltraViolet, a cloud technology embraced by a broad consortium of distributors (notable holdouts include Disney), is selling the concept of multi-platform content access. That means if you buy a disc, you also get to access the digital copy, a “combo-pack” strategy that is now an industry cornerstone. The tables could soon turn, but the disc will stay in the picture.
- Blu-Ray still the best viewing experience. For cinephiles or even anyone inclined in that direction, HD content viewed on the finest Retina tablet display or LCD flat screen can’t come close to a Blu-Ray. Gaming platforms, such as the upcoming PlayStation 4 or just-released XBox, will continue to drive significant Blu-ray business. The rollout of Blu-ray has been a bit of a New Coke experience for Hollywood but after the smoke and disappointment has cleared it remains a superior format attracting all of the top content producers.
- It’s the collector’s choice. If you were baffled by the format wars of a decade ago pitting Sony’s Blu-ray against Toshiba’s HD-DVD, the confusion around cloud storage is exponentially greater. The notion of a “digital storage locker,” as easily managed as one’s iTunes music library or Netflix account, has long been promoted by Hollywood (hence, UltraViolet). But there are an array of factors that will keep this concept from taking over and dominating. One is bandwidth — cloud DVRs are just now rolling out from MSOs like Comcast, and already there are questions about the cost and feasibility of bandwidth and storage. Old-school DVD collecting, while it involved an initial price tag, didn’t get progressively more expensive the more you bought. Also, many players are cashing in on the demand for popular shows by creating packaging that lures hardcore fans. AMC’s blockbuster series Walking Dead sold out its run of 35,000 packages designed by McFarlane Toys.
Best budget DVD box sets
Top 10 DVD Box Sets of All Time
DVD or digital video disc is a digital optical storage format which was created on 1995 and had been very popular to everyone who loves movies. There were even DVD rental companies that let the customers rent them for a limited time. But even after innovations, they are still in demand up to this date. Here are 10 of the best box sets in the UK:
- Breaking Bad 2008-2013
- Sons of Anarchy 2008-2014
- The Walking Dead 2010-Present
- Dexter 2006-2013
- Lost 2004-2010
- Game Of Thrones 2011-Present
- Prison Break 2005-2011
- True Blood 2008-2014
- Weeds 2005-2012
- White Collar 2009-2014
If you are looking for cheap DVD box set, you have come to the right place! Here at Latest deals you will find the best deals and cheapest DVD Box sets in the UK. Find great deals, special offers, price drops, and bundles on a wide selection of cheap TV series box sets. From cheap DVD box sets TV series to movie box sets, you are sure to find the cheapest Lord of the Rings DVD box set and Smallville the complete series you can add to your collection of good movie series. Find all the cheap Amazon UK DVD and so much more. Our community of bargain hunters regularly share verified deals and offers on cheap DVD box set from major UK retailers to help you save on your purchases. We also have a team of money-saving experts who share essential tips and tricks that will help you get discounts in your instore and online shopping. Most UK retailers often have sale events such as clearance and flash sales where you can save as much as 50% off on an extensive selection of cheap DVD box set. They also reduce their prices even further on popular complete TV series on DVD during Boxing Day, Cyber Monday, and Black Friday. You can maximise your savings and get additional money off by using the latest popular cheap TV series box sets discount codes you can find here at Latest Deals. There are even voucher codes where you can get freebies and free shipping on your purchases. Here’s a list of UK online sites where you can find the best deals on DVD box set UK:\
The special offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so make sure to take advantage of them right away before they expire. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on fantastic savings. Amazing discounts, and everyday low prices from your favourite online shops in the UK!