France's Serene Seaside Resorts, Tranquil Landscapes and Cosmopolitan Cities Are Just a Short Ferry Crossing Away, and with Our 3 and 5-Day Return Breaks to France You Can Enjoy a Short Escape Now from Just £80.
For a Limited Time Only, You Can save up to £10 One Way or £20 for a Return on Our Ferry Crossings between Dover and France. This is Your Chance to Take Your Car and up to Nine Passengers to France from Just £35 One Way or £70 Return, but You Must Book before 17 April 2019.
Enjoy £10 off Ferry Crossings to Dunkirk and Calais from Dover, with Prices from Just £39, Each Way.
Ferries also have different types like vehicles. Whether truck, ten-wheeler or a car, ferries types are designed based on the route, number of passengers, speed requirements and water conditions. Here’s a list of types of ferries compiled by Wikipedia you may want to know:
- Double-ended. Interchangeable bows and sterns, allowing them to shuttle back and forth between two terminals without having to turn around.
- Hydrofoil. They have the advantage of higher cruising speeds, succeeding hovercraft on some English Channel routes where the ferries now compete against the Eurotunnel and Eurostar trains that use the Channel Tunnel.
- Hovercraft. These were developed in the 1960s and 1970s to carry cars. The largest was the massive SR.N4 which carried cars in its centre section with ramps at the bow and stern between England and France.
- Catamaran. High speed Catamarans have revolutionised ferry services, replacing hovercraft, hydrofoils and conventional monohull ferries
- Roll-on/Roll-off. Also called as RORO, these are large conventional ferries named for the ease by which vehicles can board and leave.
- Cruiseferry. This type is a ship that combines the features of a cruise ship with a roll-on/roll-off ferry. They are also known as RoPax for their combined Roll on/Roll Off and passenger design.
- Fast RoPax Ferry. Fast RoPax ferries are conventional ferries with a large garage intake and a relatively large passenger capacity, with conventional diesel propulsion and propellers that sail over 25 knots (46 km/h; 29 mph).
- Turntable Ferry. This type of ferry allows vehicles to load from the "side". The vehicle platform can be turned. When loading, the platform is turned sideways to allow sideways loading of vehicles.
- Pontoon Ferry. They carry vehicles across rivers and lakes and are widely used in less-developed countries with large rivers where the cost of bridge construction is prohibitive.
- Train Ferry. A ship designed to carry railway vehicles. Typically, one level of the ship is fitted with railway tracks, and the vessel has a door at the front and/or rear to give access to the wharves.
Ferry, also known as water bus or water taxi has the same reason why cars are made. It is to carry passengers to where they are headed but unlike cars, ferries carry cargo and vehicles across a body of water.
You can find all the best and the latest ferry deals at Latest Deals. From discounts to price drops of ferries from UK including cheap ferry to France, Normandy, Bordeaux, and ferry cheap Dover Calais offers, you will surely find bargain deals on your chosen destination that will not hurt your budget.
We have a community of bargain hunters who are always looking out for the lowest possible ferries from UK to Europe prices across the UK that will provide with some serious money off on your purchases. While our team of money-saving experts are regularly sharing essential tips and tricks to help you save on your instore and online shopping. Most UK retailers regularly have sale events where you can save as much as 50% off on a wide selection of ferries from UK. You can also enjoy further price drops on Black Friday ferry deals and all kinds of ferry savers. However, you can maximise your savings and get additional discounts by using the latest ferry discount codes you can find here. There are even voucher codes where you can reserve and book a ferry with freebies.
You can find fantastic bargain offers on ferry from the following UK sites:
Simply browse the offers we have here, choose the discount you want, and then follow the simple instructions provided. Please note that the promos and offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so grab them right away before they expire. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on fantastic savings and everyday low prices from your favourite UK retailers.
Onboard P&O Ferries "Spirit of Britain". Dover, England, UK to Calais, and France