Freezer was first introduced in 1940. It is an essential appliance in a household and great for prolonging the lifespan of most of our food. Today, freezers come in a wide range of sizes, models and colours with different features. The smallest size ever made was 1.1 cu ft., while the biggest is 34 cu ft. This storage solution may be freestanding, or integrated into your kitchen.
Most freezers may look the same on the outside, but don’t get deceived into thinking that they’re all one and the same. Even those models that looked similar from the outside can have several differences in storage space available, features, performance and price tag.
Before buying one, it is important to consider a few factors like your budget, which type of freezer will meet your needs and which is just right for the available space in your kitchen. Other factors include, size, energy use and capacity.
Choosing the perfect freezer to fit your needs and budget can be daunting. Fortunately here at Latest Deals, our money-saving experts team and community of bargain hunters regularly share verified deals from UK retailers across the country. Plus, we have gathered all the essential freezer information you need to help in your decision and narrow down your choices.
Where Can I Find Cheap Freezer Deals in the UK?
Here at Latest Deals you will find the cheapest fridge and american fridge freezer. Our community of bargain hunters and team of money-saving experts regularly share verified freezer deals, sale, price drops, clearance sale, discounts and voucher codes from major UK retailers online such as Argos, AO, Currys PC World, John Lewis, Amazon and eBay. Get some money off when you buy cheap quality fridge or freezers whether online or in store.
Here are some of the best UK sites to buy cheap upright freezer, chest freezer, small fridge freezer and best cheap fridge freezer:
- Appliances Direct. The retailer has over 700 freezers you can choose from in all types, colours, and sizes combined with fantastic savings of up to 30% off. So whether you're looking for a small compact freezer or a big and spacious one, you’re sure to find something there that will suit both your needs and budget.
- Currys PC World. Currys offers a wide array of affordable quality freezers from top brands like Beko, Hotpoint and Kenwood. The retailer offers a savings of up to 20% off on select models and free delivery on all products. You can also take advantage of their flexible payment options like their pay within 6 months interest free credit card offer.
- John Lewis. From stylish retro-themed freestanding freezer to traditionally-designed chest and upright freezers, John Lewis has the freezer you need to complement your kitchen’s decor. They also offer free delivery and additional 3 years extended warranty on select brands at no cost.
- AO. Find fantastic cheap freezer deals at AO with free next day delivery and savings of up to 15% on select products. You can even find freestanding freezers here for under £150.
Selecting the Best Freezer for your Family
Before buying a freezer, you need to decide which type you need. There are several types of freezers:
- Chest freezer
- Under the counter
To find out which one will best suit your needs, budget and the floor area of your kitchen, consider its size and capacity. It is always best to plan first and do your research before buying one since freezers can be quite expensive.
Here are a couple of things you need to consider:
- Energy Consumption and temperature. It is important that the freezer you will get is energy efficient, so make sure to check its electricity consumption as well as its freezing temperature.
- Type of freezer. The most popular models are upright and chest freezers because of how spacious and efficient they are compared to other types. Chest freezers come with removable baskets and dividers, while an upright freezer is easier to organize since it comes with shelves and bins inside just like a fridge. If you live in an area where there’s a lot of ongoing power failures, you may want to consider a chest freezer as upright freezers may consume more energy during these situations.
Features to Lookout for
A freezer does not have to come with plenty of features to be the best of the best. There are three things you need to keep in mind when looking for the best one around:
- Fast freeze. Look for a freezer with a cooling booster that can freeze food quickly. Keep in mind that the faster your food freeze, the fresher it will be when you defrost it.
- Frost-free. This feature means that the freezer will not for any ice during the process of freezing. This will prevent you from defrosting your freezer over and over again which is time consuming.
- High temperature and Open-door warning alarm. This feature will let you know if there is a change in the recommended temperature of your freezer.
How to organize a chest freezer