Gatwick Airport is a major international airport near Crawley in West Sussex, southeast England, 29.5 miles (47.5 km) south of Central London. It is the second-busiest airport by total passenger traffic in the United Kingdom, after Heathrow Airport. Gatwick is the eighth-busiest airport in Europe.
On 13 September 2017, EasyJet launched "Worldwide by EasyJet", a flight connection service bookable on the airline's website to assist passengers transferring at Gatwick from one EasyJet flight to another, as well as passengers transferring at the airport between separate EasyJet, Norwegian Air Shuttle and WestJet flights.
This service uses a new Easyjet technology platform, requires a minimum connecting time of two hours and 30 minutes and utilizes the airport's existing "GatwickConnects" free flight connection service to transfer passengers' baggage between flights. Where connections are missed, it also includes a guarantee to rebook passengers on the next available flight.
10 Important Things to Know About London Gatwick Airport
Things you Need to Know When you’re In Gatwick Airport
- Going from one terminal to another. There’s a free shuttle that will take you to and from both terminals with a journey time of around three minutes. There are signs in both terminals directing you to the shuttle.
- Train distance. The train station is located in the South Terminal. So as soon as you get off the platform just follow the signs to your check-in area. If your flight is departing from the North Terminal you just need to hop the free shuttle service which is just on your right as you come out of the train station.
- Things you need when checking in. Ultimately this is down to your airline. For international travel, you need a valid passport. For some countries, your passport will need to be valid for at least six months after your intended return and you may also need a visa. Before traveling you should check your destination country's entry requirements and allow enough time to renew your passport and/or apply for a visa at the relevant embassy or consulate. It may also be worth carrying additional photographic ID separate from your passport.
- Check-in a day before. Some airlines allow you to check-in the day before your flight, perfect if it’s early in the morning or if you’re planning to stay in one of our hotels. You can even drop your bags off too. Speak to your airline for more information about checking in early.
- Bags allowed. You should check with your airline or on your ticket for their onboard baggage rules, but for general guidance.
There are plenty of ways to save on your purchases online. Most online UK shops such as Expedia UK, Holiday Extras Insurance, Kayak, and Skyparksecure UK have regular sales, seasonal clearance, and flash sales where you can get up to 30% off on a wide selection of Gatwick hotels in North or South terminals.
Knowing when and where to look for the lowest possible price on Gatwick UK is the key here. Fortunately, you don't have to spend hours online searching for special offers, bargain deals, and price drops on Gatwick Express, Premier Inn Gatwick North, Travelodge Gatwick, or Sofitel Gatwick.
Our massive community of bargain hunters regularly share verified Gatwick Express discount code, as well as promos voucher codes from Groupon, LateRooms, Megabus, Norwegian, and from other reputable shops across the country. We also have a team of money-saving experts who always share essential tips and tricks on how you can get every day low prices on Gatwick flights to Manchester or Amsterdam and Gatwick hotels when shopping both online and instore.
Getting additional money off with the help of Latest Deals is easy. You can maximise your savings by simply using the latest Gatwick discount code of your choice upon check out. There are also voucher codes that can provide you with free shipping and gifts.
The special offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so once you spot a deal you love, grab it right away. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on fantastic offers and amazing savings everytime you shop!