The iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus are smartphones that were designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc. It is the ninth generation of the iPhone. They were announced on September 9, 2015 with pre-orders beginning September 12. Its official release was on September 25, 2015.
The mobile phones were succeeded by the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus the following year, and were discontinued with the announcement of the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR on September 12, 2018.
The iPhone 6S set a new first-weekend sales record, selling 13 million models, up from 10 million for the iPhone 6 in the previous year. However, Apple saw its first-ever quarterly year-over-year decline in iPhone sales in the months after the launch, credited to a saturated smartphone market in Apple's biggest countries and a lack of iPhone purchases in developing countries. When it comes to design, it is similar to the iPhone 6 but includes an updated hardware, including a strengthened chassis and upgraded system-on-chip, as well as upgraded features, and had a positive reception from Apple fans. Its performance and camera quality were praised by most reviewers. However, the addition of 3D Touch got a mixed reaction from critics for not providing users with an expected intuitive response before actually using the feature
The iPhone 6S originally shipped with iOS 9; the operating system leverages the 3D Touch hardware to allow recognition of new gestures and commands, including "peeking" at content with a light touch and "popping" it into view by pressing harder, and accessing context menus with links to commonly used functions within apps with harder presses on home screen icons. The camera app's "Retina Flash" feature allows the display's brightness to be used as a makeshift flash on images taken with the front camera, while "Live Photos" captures a short video alongside each photo taken.
Specs of iPhone 6s
- Weight: 143g
- Dimension: 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1mm
- OS: iOS 9 (upgrades to iOS 12)
- Screen size: 4.7-inch
- Resolution: 750 x 1334
- CPU: Apple A9
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 16/32/64/128GB
- Battery: 1715mAh
- Rear camera: 12MP
- Front camera: 5MP
- Design. The iPhone 6S is almost identical to the 6 in every way when it comes to the chassis. There are some very subtle differences, such as a slightly thicker frame and a little more heft, but it's so slight that I kept getting the two mixed up when doing a side by side comparisons. All cases fit both phones just fine too so, apart from a small S logo on the back of the phone, nobody is going to notice you've got the latest iPhone.
- Screen. The screen on the iPhone 6S seems to be identical to the iPhone 6's, we're talking a 4.7-inch affair with 750p resolution, which keeps it firmly in the 'Retina' range that the firm debuted all the way back with the iPhone 4.
- 3D Touch. Apple's been hard at work integrating the Force Touch technology from its Watch and new MacBook Pro into the iPhone 6S but has decided that it needed to give it a new name: 3D Touch. In terms of all the changes offered by the new iPhone, this is definitely the one you should pay most attention to. Not just because it's the most multi-faceted, but also because it's the only change that I feel confident in stating will alter the way we use our iPhones forever.
- Mighty pad. There's greater control over your cursor when typing too, with the inclusion of iOS 9 on the iPhone 6S allowing you to use 3D Touch for precision placement. Hold down on the keyboard and the characters will fade away, leaving you with a trackpad to expertly line up the blinking vertical line. It brings a new level precision to editing text, something which has been a little hit and miss on previous iPhone and iOS incarnations.
- Live Photos. While I'll cover this in greater depth in the camera section, it's worth talking about the new function in the new iPhone 6S. While the camera has been upgraded to 12MP, it will now grab a chunk of video before and after the snap (1.5 seconds to be exact) and turn that into a little video.
- A9 chipset. As usual, Apple has upgraded the engine in the middle of the iPhone, bringing the 6S into 2015 with it fastest chipset yet. The A9 has myriad upgrades, with A9 chipset As usual, Apple has upgraded the engine in the middle of the iPhone, bringing the 6S into 2015 with its fastest chipset yet. The A9 has myriad upgrades, with things like the M9 coprocessor enabling the phone to record even more motion without impacting on the battery life.
There are plenty of ways to save on your purchases online. Most online UK shops such as Very, Currys PC World, Amazon, O2, Three, and Carphone Warehouse have regular sales, seasonal clearance, and flash sales where you can get up to 20% off on a wide array of cheap iPhone 6S deals. There are even retailers that have 3 for 2 and 2 for 1 offers on select items. Also, the best time to get huge savings is during Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Boxing Day where an extensive selection of products like iPhone 6S unlocked, unlocked refurbished, and unlocked new from your favourite UK retailers are reduced to clear.
Knowing when and where to look for the lowest possible iPhone 6S price in the UK is the key here. Fortunately, you don't have to spend hours online searching for special offers, bargain deals, and price drops on iPhone 6S original. Our massive community of bargain hunters regularly share verified CEX iPhone 6S discounts, as well as promos and voucher codes from Argos, Ebuyer, Groupon, John Lewis, Laptops Direct, eBay, Music Magpie, and from other reputable shops across the country. We also have a team of money-saving experts who always share essential tips and tricks on how you can get every day low prices on iPhone 6S upgrades, plan, and contract deals when shopping both online and instore.
Getting additional money off with the help of Latest Deals is easy. You can maximise your savings by simply using the latest iPhone 6S discount code of your choice upon check out. There are also voucher codes that can provide you with free shipping and gifts.
The special offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so once you spot a deal you love, grab it right away. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on fantastic offers and amazing savings everytime you shop!
Thing to Know About the iPhone 6s
The iPhone series of 6s and 6s plus have been succeeded with several new models like the iPhone 8, iPhone X, and others. The iPhone 6 has network connectivity like GSM/ CDMA/ HSPA/ EVDO/ LTE.
The internal storage of the phone has been increased and is available in 16GB to 128 GB. The phone comes with an improved camera and audio quality. It is the last series of the iPhone to have a 3.5mm jack.
The phone has the features of the fingerprint sensor and Siri natural command and dictation. The feature of 3D touch adds new and interesting dimensions to the phone.
Features of the iPhone 6s
The new launch of Apple iPhone 6 and 6 plus is highly beneficial as compared to the previous model. The strengthened glass front makes the display harder to break than the earlier models.
The Touch ID fingerprint authentication function makes the phone more secure. The phone runs faster because of the 2GB RAM. The front-facing camera and the flashlight gives a good quality picture.
The rear camera of 12MP gives quality images and videos. The feature of 3D touch enhanced the function of phone use.
The A9 processor makes the phone run faster. The beautiful color and sleek design of the phone gives it a great look.
Specifications of the iPhone 6s
- 5 MP front and 12 MP dual-standard HDR cameras allows having a wide-angle photo from either side with excellent PDAF quality.
- The iPhone 6 packs have a IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen and a size of 4.7 inches, 16M colors.
- The phone doesn’t contain a memory card slot and the internal memory is extended up to 128 GB and has 2GB RAM.
- The second-generation fingerprint sensor is built into the home button. The improved camera quality with retina flash gives you quality pictures.
- The phone looks identical to iPhone 6 and it has an enhanced core processor.
- The iPhone 6s has the A8 64-bit chip which is far better than iPhone 5.
- The phone has a longer battery life than the previous models.
- The iPhone 6s offers you the special features called Apple Pay.
- The Apple pay and NFC antenna allow you to tap your phone against a sensor to make payments.
The iPhone 6s is Worth Buying
The iPhone camera with a front LED flashlight makes the phone worth buying. There are many advantages of the smartphone as it comes with the latest iOS 9.
The phone has 4.7 inch LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive Display and has multiple touches. It comes with ion strengthened glass cover and an aluminum frame that makes the phone unbreakable.
Apple pay services make your phone payment process easier. 12MP camera, 4K video quality, and 5MP FaceTime HD camera with Retina Flash enhances your photos and videos.
The non-removable Li-Ion battery backup of 1715 mAh prevents your phone from dying faster. The phone has extraordinary PPI pixel density which makes your screen look much clearer
What makes the iPhone 6s Useful
The iPhone 6s is more durable than the previous models as it comes with an aluminum frame. The phone is available in four colors that give the phone a ravishing look.
The phone is lightweight and easy to carry. The phone provides a pure image quality with the front flash LED lights. The second-generation touch id makes the fingerprint detection twice faster.
The phone supports 4K videos and can capture 63 megapixels panoramas. As the phone is succeeded by a new series of iPhone it is now available at an affordable price.
Don't forget to use the latest iPhone 6s offers, discount codes and vouchers found at the Latest Deals to get this product at a cheaper price.