Ironing can be a tiring chore for many, most especially for mums out there. It is when you use an appliance to remove the wrinkles on your fabric. Ironing is not an easy task. The heating applied normally depends on the clothes being straightened. There are fabrics like cotton which would ask for additional water in order to deal with its intermolecular bonds. On top of this, there are also modern fabrics available these days that requires special attention.
Ironing boards are an essential part of ironing clothes. It is a foldable, small and portable table that has a heat-resistant surface on it. There are those commercial-grade ironing boards which have a heating element in them. On the other hand, you can also find a pedal-operated vacuum that usually pulls an air with the board so that it dries the garment. These are the choices available.
It was on 1858 when an ironing table was finally incorporated with pant legs and pressing sleeves. It was the first time to invent a portable folding ironing board which was then patented in Canada way back in 1875. This invention pioneered the introduction of a removable pressboard which was useful for sleeves. In 1892, there were improvements in the said ironing board too which was the answer for better quality ironing for shirt sleeveless.
How to Get Cheap Ironing Boards Online
There are plenty of affordable quality ironing boards out there. You don’t have to sacrifice your budget on getting your hands on a Brabantia ironing board, Minky ironing board, and other top brands with the help of Latest Deals. You can also find low prices on large ironing board and small ironing board covers from various UK retailers.
Our massive community of bargain hunters is always on the lookout to find the cheapest ironing board and ironing board cover deals across the country. We have discount codes, deals and special offers just for you. We also have a team of money-saving experts who regularly share essential shopping tips and tricks that can help you get some serious money off on your online and instore purchases.
Most UK retailers often have sale events, seasonal clearance, and flash sales where you can save as much as 60% off on a wide selection of ironing boards. They also reduce their prices during Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Boxing Day. But if you want to maximise your savings, make sure to use the latest ironing board discount codes you can search here. There are even voucher codes where you can get freebies and free shipping.
Find the best ironing boards for sale from the following online shops in the UK:
The deals and special offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so make sure to take advantage of them right away before they expire. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on amazing savings, fantastic discounts, and every day low prices from your favourite online shops in the UK!
How to choose your Brabantia ironing board
Portable vs Built-in Ironing Boards
- Portable ironing boards. Portable ironing boards are available in two sizes. They are the stand-alone and tabletop. One of the benefits of having a portable ironing board is that you may be able to move it from one place or room to another. Know if this is going to fit your lifestyle.
- Built-in ironing boards. Of course, this is the opposite of a built-in ironing board. It can be installed in a drawer or even a wall of a cabinet. Furthermore, there are kits available for most homeowners so that they can mount on a closet door or even to a special panel.
- Size. There is the so-called full-size ironing board. They are more effective as far as ironing is concerned. Most of the time, a full-size ironing board is normally 4 feet long and as well as 12 to 18 inches wide. A small tabletop model is ideal for craft projects and even touch-ups. The only limitation is that it may not be the most appropriate for full-sized garments or linens.
- Height. If ever you own a built-in ironing board, you must remember to set it up on just the level of your hip.
- Weight. Most of the time, a lightweight metal board is more convenient to set up. You can fold it down when necessary. Moreover, it will also allow you to move from one place to the other.
- Sturdiness. Many would surely want a lightweight ironing board. When you have a stable board, you can finish your ironing right away. Aside from this, you can also prevent accidents including boards falling on small children.
- Cover. When it comes to an ironing board cover, a good padding is the best for the right results. Most already come with one but, you may also consider upgrading. There are covers with non-stick or reflective surfaces. As the name suggests, non-stick qualities would stop clothes from sticking to the board. On the other hand, reflective surfaces would transfer the heat back to the clothes. As that transpires, your job becomes easier.
Are you efficient in ironing? If it is an activity that you like so much, these are additional features that can enhance the result of your work. Consider these:
- Sleeve Attachment. This is found on the main board. It is typically 2 feet long and 6 to 8 inches wide that is attached to the main board. If you have to deal with sleeves and small articles of clothes, this should be the right inclusion for you.
- Hanging Rack. This is on the wide end of the board. The rack is level in your head. It is for newly-ironed clothes.
- Iron Rest. This is effective to make your iron usable. It is known as the expandable of your board that can prevent falling off the board.
- Storage. This is a place to keep all your ironing tools together.
Top-Rated Ironing Boards
Encountering a pile of wrinkled clothes is a challenge. When this is already the situation, you will need an efficient ironing board. This is one of the investments you will make for your home. You must be very smart in deciding. Here’s a list of top-rated ironing board:
- Brabantia Ironing Board B. If you are in need of a small board, this is one that you can trust. Use it and it will not wobble. The size is appropriate if you are in an apartment with a limited space for your laundry area. Include this on your list.
- Minky Hot Spot Ironing Board. This is an affordable ironing board that will not compromise its quality. It is quiet and compact. If you only iron a few times a month, this should be the pick for you.
- Homz Durabilt Premium Ironing Board. They claim that this board is perfect. Just take note that this may be large for small homes and apartments. Regardless, you can still count on this because it is solid. Its surface is also stable. This is a good choice for sheets or curtains.
- Household Essential Extra Wide. This is appropriate for heavy-duty use. Since it comes with an extra wide top, it is durable to iron your clothes. A heavy gauge was utilised to create its frame. This is one of the reasons why it is unlikely to wobble or bend as time goes by. It is also bound to support a weight. There should not be an issue for this as well.
- Homz T-Leg Ironing Board. Most people have ironing boards to avoid their clothes from looking crisp. In doing this, you will need a quality board. Enjoy this together with its many benefits. This premium ironing board has a sturdy design. It is created with steel and its frame support any pressure without crumbling nor shaking. Secure your clothes with this.