A mobile phone has alternative names. It is referred to as a cell phone, cellphone, or even a handphone. There are also times when it is just a mobile, phone or a cell. Basically, this portable telephone makes and receives a call through a radio frequency link. The user can do so even if he or she is moving. He or she just has to be in the same telephone service area.
There are many modern mobile telephone services out there that utilise a cellular network architecture. This is one of the reasons why mobile telephones are also termed as cellular telephones or cell phones. During 2000, different phone services have been supported. Among them are text messaging, email, MMS, internet access, short-range wireless communications via infrared, Bluetooth, video games, business applications, and as well as digital photography.
John F. Mitchell and Martin Cooper in 1973 demonstrated the use of the very first handheld mobile phone. They did with the use of a 2-kilogram handset. It was in 1979 when Nippon Telegraph and Telephone or NTT, launched its first cellular network in Japan. DynaTAC then became the pioneering handheld mobile phone to be available commercially.
Eventually, the subscribers of mobile phone grew to over seven billion from 1983 to 2014. With this, it is safe to say that every person on Earth has a cell. As of 2016, the top developers of smartphones were Apple, Samsung, and Huawei.
Mobile Phones advantages and disadvantages
How to Buy the Right Mobile Phone
So you need a new mobile phone. Whether it is your first time getting one, or you are trying to replace yours, you must take time researching your options in the market. There are various choices waiting for you. You do not have to be overwhelmed with the brands available if you know what you are doing. How can you find the right unit for you? Consider the following:
- Determine what you want. People are different. Their needs are not the same. Do you want to use a larger screen? Do you prefer a model with longer battery life? Do you prefer to use yours for photography? These are some of the questions that you have to ask yourself.
- Pick an operating system. This should not give you a hard time because there are only two choices to pick from here - Android or iOs. Both of these are user-friendly. They can also support different applications and games. Go for where you are comfortable.
- Know the features. It is tough to know what the right phone for you is if there are hundreds of selections. However, you should always base your decision on your preference. You can do this by discovering the features of the phone you are eyeing for. If they work for you, then that indicates that the phone might also be for you.
- Select a carrier. You have to go for a carrier that has the ability to offer reliable coverage in your area. A strong signal is also a must here. If you can, conduct research first. Open Signal can help you. It has comprehensive coverage maps that are for many areas and carriers. Just enter the location you prefer and then select a carrier.
You may never know when a new model of your favourite phone comes. If you are a user who loves to upgrade or change from time to time, there are many options waiting for you. However, you should be practical and smart in your purchase. It will not hurt to choose from affordable mobiles. This can be a wise move, most especially if you like to change yours from time to time.
If you do not have any idea where to start, you should always begin with the Black Friday deals. These are the common offers you will see from this event:
- iPhone. These phones are always a favourite. Many look for them in the market all the time. The most current model searched is the iPhone XS Max. This is the newer version from the previous iPhone X. Aside from this, the Apple iPhone 8 is also a contender. All of these can be expensive. Since it is available both in store and online in Currys PC, for example, you will be able to save from your purchase. Watch out for this.
- Huawei. Huawei is considered a market leader when it comes to smartphones. It began by producing routers, then it also ventured in manufacturing mobile phones. This brand features high specifications. It has amazing cameras, efficient operating systems, and powerful processors. Even photographers will surely enjoy the phones from Huawei without burning a hole in their pocket.
- Samsung. For the last couple of years, Samsung has been dubbed as the highest-ranking smartphone ever developed in the world. It is commended for its top camera resolution, processor speed, quality and usability as well. If you are looking for a larger screen, there is the Samsung Galaxy S8 that you may avail affordably. Another less expensive option waiting for you is the Samsung Galaxy J7.
- LG. LG has developed a wide array of high-resolution smartphones which are famous for their price and screens. They are well-known for their best units like the LG V30 Plus. More budget-friendly units are the LG G6 and LG G7.
Aside from the given brands, there are also offers for Alcatel 3v, Virgin Mobile deals, and Vodafone deals that you may come across in the event.
How to Find Cheap Mobile Phone Deals Online
There are plenty of ways to save on your purchases online. Most online UK shops such as AliExpress, Amazon, Argos, BG Tech, Carphone Warehouse, and Currys PC UK have regular sales, seasonal clearance, and flash sales where you can get up to 70% off on a wide array of sim free phones, pay as you go phones, and mobile phone deals UK.
There are even retailers that have 3 for 2 and 2 for 1 offers on select items. Also, the best time to get huge savings is during Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Boxing Day where an extensive selection of products like Samsung phones, cex phones, and other mobile phone deals from your favourite UK retailers are reduced to clear.
Knowing when and where to look for the lowest possible price on cheap mobile phone, carphone warehouse, and Tesco mobile is the key here. Fortunately, you don't have to spend hours online searching for special offers, bargain deals, and price drops on cheap mobile phones unlocked, and iPhone sale.
Music Magpie, O2, and Poppyshop, and from other reputable shops across the country. We also have a team of money-saving experts who always share essential tips and tricks on how you can get every day low prices on cheap mobile phones for sale, O2 UK, and smart phone, when shopping both online and instore.
Getting additional money off with the help of Latest Deals is easy. You can maximise your savings by simply using the latest mobile phone discount code of your choice upon check out. There are also voucher codes that can provide you with free shipping and gifts.
The special offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so once you spot a deal you love, grab it right away. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on fantastic offers and amazing savings every time you shop!