Nintendo Switch Deals
Get the Best Nintendto Switch Price, Where to Find Nintendo Switch UK Stock, Nintendo Switch Deals and Bundles UK from Asda, Smyths, John Lewis and more!
Discover all the best Nintendo Switch deals and bargains shared by our money saving experts here. If you're looking for the console, take a look at our Stock Checker where we monitor prices across the retailers and send you email alerts. Base, Ebay, Amazon, Argos and more are the favourite retailers for Nintendo Switch video games and our resident Nintendo expert Rockman is always at hand to help. You'll find the biggest discounts for Rayman, Dragon Ball and Sonic, plus pro controllers.Read more
When the Nintendo Switch was released, it was sold out across the globe and has since been so well-received that few deals or offers have been available for the console or even its games. That's been very much the story with promotional and sales periods as well – it has been selling out very fast, especially in bundled deals. However, while many of the best deals go quickly, our community of bargain hunters are always on the lookout to find a steal on this much coveted gaming device. From Nintendo Switch bundle deals to where you can find Nintendo Switch stock in the UK, we’ve got you back!
What is Nintendo Switch?
The Nintendo Switch is the seventh major video game console developed by Nintendo. It is a different kind of console to its peers as it is a hybrid console. Launched in spring 2017, it is both a home games console and a portable one, with a tablet-like screen and attachable Joy-Con controllers for play when out and about. It has a dock to plug it into your home TV. Alternatively, it can be removed from the dock and used similarly to a tablet computer through its LCD touchscreen, or placed in a standalone tabletop mode visible to several players.
In addition to providing single and multiplayer thrills at home, the Nintendo Switch system also enables gamers to play the same title wherever, whenever and with whomever they choose. The mobility of a handheld is now added to the power of a home gaming system to enable unprecedented new video game play styles.
The same games can either be played on the 6.2-inch built-in display or any HDMI-enabled TV, with graphics switching from 720p to up to 1080p respectively. It uses the wireless Joy-Con controllers, which include standard buttons and directional analog sticks for user input, motion sensing, and high-definition tactile feedback. The Joy-Con can attach to both sides of the console to support handheld-style play, connect to a Grip accessory to provide a traditional home console gamepad form, or be used individually in the hand like the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, supporting local multiplayer modes.
What’s in a box?
The Nintendo Switch Console Set includes the Switch console itself, the Switch dock, the left and right Joy-Con controllers, the Joy-Con Grip (non-charging), two Joy-Con straps, an AC adapter and an HDMI cable to hook the whole thing up to your TV. There are two different versions to choose from, but they differ only in color – the Gray Version and a Neon Version that makes the left Joy-Con blue and the right Joy-Con red. Note that you can also buy the controllers separately to create your own color combos (all red, all blue, one blue, one red, and so on).
Providing single-player and multiplayer thrills at home, the Nintendo Switch system also enables gamers to play the same title wherever, whenever and with whomever they choose
- HD rumble which makes games more immersive. Imagine your Joy-Con is a glass. With HD rumble, you can feel the difference as you add ice cubes and pour water into the glass. It’s a sense of touch that goes beyond mere vibrations.
- Sense shape, movement and distance. The IR Motion Camera in Joy-Con (Right) can detect the shape, movement, and distance of objects captured by the camera. And that makes new gameplay experiences possible.
- Interactive gaming. Start a gaming party anytime with multiplayer games for Nintendo Switch. Use additional Joy‑Con controllers, Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers, or a combo of the two. You can compete against your friends or online with other Switch gamers. In addition, you can link up to eight systems together to play anywhere.
- Parental controls. Keep the focus on fun by using parental controls to manage how your family interacts with the console. You can manage Nintendo eShop purchases via your Nintendo Account. You may also limit sharing on social networks, restrict access to games based on their ESRB ratings, and more.
- Album. Easily take and save screenshots using the Capture Button on the left Joy‑Con. Then view, add text, and share to social networks from your album.
- Size: Approximately 4 inches high, 9.4 inches long, and 0.55 inches deep (with Joy-Con attached).
- Weight: Approximately .66 lbs.
- Screen: Multi-touch capacitive touch screen / 6.2-inch LCD Screen / 1280 x 720
- CPU/GPU: NVIDIA Custom Tegra processor
- Storage: 32 GB of internal storage, a portion of which is reserved for use by the system. Users can easily expand storage space using microSDHC or microSDXC cards up to 2TB (sold separately).
- Wireless: Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) and Bluetooth 4.1.
- Video output: Up to 1080p via HDMI in TV mode and up to 720p via built-in screen in tabletop mode and handheld mode.
- Audio output: Compatible with 5.1ch Linear PCM output
- Output: Via HDMI connector in TV mode.
- Speakers: Stereo
- Buttons: Power button / Volume button
- Headphone/mic jack: 3.5mm audio jack
- Game card slot: Nintendo Switch game cards
- microSD card slot: Compatible with microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC memory cards
- Sensor: Accelerometer, gyroscope, and brightness sensor
- Operating environment: 41-95 degrees F / 20-80% humidity
- Internal battery: Lithium-ion battery/4310mAh
- Battery life: Approximately 2.5 - 6.5 hours
- Charging time: Approximately 3 hours
Nintendo Switch price and where to buy
Nintendo Switch console UK stock and price comparison
The Nintendo Switch retails for £279.99. That price will get you the main Switch console, along with a dock, a pair of Joy-Con controllers (one left and one right), a Joy-Con grip (to connect the controllers together), wrist straps, and an HDMI cable and AC adapter.
The slightly unexpected success of the console has caused some problems though, and that's when it comes to Nintendo Switch stock in the UK. You might come up against a few hurdles before you manage to get your hands on a Switch. Amazon, for example, is having some Switch stock issues and seems to sell out regularly.
We'd recommend the following online retailers if you're trying to buy a Switch today:
Currently Nintendo Switch at Asda costs £279 excluding shipping, while Tesco offers the same price plus if you have Clubcard you will earn 279 points. On the other hand, Smyths offer is £279.99 but it does come with FREE shipping. The best deal for Nintendo Switch is at John Lewis at £279.95 plus it comes with a 2 year guarantee and FREE delivery.
Nintendo Switch bundle deals in the UK
Switch has been selling out very fast, especially in bundled deals. At this time of year many of the unique Nintendo Switch bundles are sold out, but that doesn't mean our bargain hunters will stop looking! While many of the best deals go quickly, you might still snag a bargain or two.
- Nintendo Switch Super Mario Odyssey Mario + Rabbids | £319, Tesco
- Nintendo Switch Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with Carry case and Steering wheel attachment £329.99, Nintendo
- Nintendo Switch Super Mario Odyssey or FIFA 18 or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or Zelda: Breath of the Wild | £319.99, Smyths
- Nintendo Switch Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle £306.98, Argos
- Nintendo Switch The Binding of Isaac accessory bundle £309.99, Zavvi
The Switch launched with a small selection of games, including mini-game collection 1-2-Switch and the expansive open-world Zelda title Breath of the Wild. But, as time goes by, and as game makers realize the popularity of Nintendo's hybrid mobile console, more and more titles are being added to the list all of the time such as Monster Jam: Crush It!, Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2, The LEGO Ninjago Movie: Video Game, DOOM, Rayman Legends, WWE 2K18, FIFA 18 and Syberia 2 just to name a few.
Good Games For Nintendo Switch coming soon! 15 Upcoming Nintendo Switch Games that might be worth checking out! From Yoshi, Kirby and Lost Sphear by Square Enix to A NEW POKEMON RPG GAME ON THE SWITCH! Will these games be worth checking out on the Switch?
There are plenty of third-party accessories for the Nintendo Switch that are great to expand the experience. Accessory prices are quite steep, unfortunately. A new pair of Joy-Con controllers will set you back £74.99, while the individual controllers (again, one left and one right) are £43 each. They're available in grey, blue, red, or yellow, with more limited edition colours expected, like the pink and green variants for Splatoon 2. The Pro Controller, which looks much more like a traditional gamepad, is £64.99. You can also buy new wrist straps for the Joy-Cons, and they're a more budget-friendly £4.99 each. It's worth checking retailers for any price drops on the Pro Controller. Considering Nintendo's own wireless version costs £59, any bargain in this area is well worth seeking out.
Why should I buy Nintendo Switch?
What makes the Nintendo Switch attractive is that it is completely different to all the other games consoles out there. It is equally at, home as it is when in travel mode. And because the same games work no matter which form of play you adopt, you can carry on where you left off wherever you go.
In addition, the Joy-Con controllers have motion capabilities, so you can use them for motion games, much like the Wii Remotes on Wii and Wii U. That adds an element to play that other games machines don't offer. And finally, each Joy-Con even doubles as a mini controller in its own right, so you can play two-player games without having to buy any additional accessories.