Aged to Perfection
People appreciate whisky in different ways, and this is when single malt comes into place. A single malt means a whisky which is from malted barley in a single distillery which is usually aged for around three years in European oak or American oak. This is bottled at a minimum of 40% ABV.
Most mistake Single Malt to Single Casks. Well, it maybe the produce of a single cask. However, it is usually a produce of selected casks. Blends are far from single malts. In order to make malts, barley has to be soaked in water for germination to take place. When it is converted to alcohol, it creates sugars. The process also replicates the brewing of beer. There is a special yeast that strains to produce a fermented liquid.
No two people experience a single malt in the exact same way. In order to enjoy a battle call a friend and make it a part of your conversation. Today, there are also affordable deals that you can explore so that you can save money while you drink it occasionally.
How to Get Cheap Single Malt Deals in the UK
If you are looking for a cheap single malt whiskey or the best best malt scotch, you have come to the right place. Here at Latest Deals, we will provide you with a single malt scotch or single malt whisky and more. This is made possible with the availability of deals, offers and discount codes which you can use both online and in store.
We have a team of money-saving experts who share shopping tips and tricks that will definitely get you some money off your purchases You may take advantage of the best single malt whiskey under £50, best single malt scotch under 50 or just the best single malt scotch for the money from here.
You can surely save big with the help of our major UK retailers and more. Our massive community of bargain hunters regularly share verified deals across the country for our members. You may start by reviewing best single malt scotch ratings and you are set to the right track.
Getting some money off on Single Malt is not very hard these days with the availability of UK online sites that offer it at everyday low prices. You can get affordable deals from the following:
The deals and special offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so make sure to take advantage of them right away before they expire. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on fantastic discounts, amazing savings, and everyday low prices from your favourite online UK shops!
Health Benefits of Single Malt
Some would say that alcohol is bad for you. Some would tell you otherwise. Until now, it is still a debate that most researchers are really eager to answer, or disapprove.
While the jury may point out alcohol in general, single malt should not be set aside. Its benefits to your health should not be dismissed. When taken in moderation, you would not have a problem for sure. There are studies proving the advantages of this whiskey to your whole-being, these are some of them:
- Weight Loss. Do not get this wrong. You cannot trade your diet and exercise to a pour of single malt. Regardless, it has been proven that drinking whiskey is the answer to weight loss. It is because it can curb your appetite. When that happens, you will feel full which would prevent you from munching away a bag of potato chips.
- Stress Reduction. It is no longer a question that to drink may take you off the edge. However, drinking a serving of single malt would settle the nerves. It would also calm the brain because the activity will be slowed down a bit. After a long day, when you want to relax and unwind, then you know what to do now.
- Regulates Diabetes. When a single malt ages in the wooden barrels, it does not only gain amber hue but also ellagic acid. Furthermore, the ellagic acid seen in this whiskey has the ability to control the amount of glucose which is released by your liver. When that slows down, your blood sugar may be checked. Do not worry because a single malt does not have any sugar. Who would not like to enjoy that?
- Protects you from the Risk of Ischemic Stroke. A stroke-free life is achieved when you have a smooth blood flow. During a blood clot though, the blood may be blocked from the brain and this is the usual cause of an ischemic stroke. Thus, a single malt would enable a problem-free circulation of blood. It would help to have a shot of single malt on a daily basis. This is going to keep the doctors away.
- Maintains Safe Cholesterol Level. You must be aware now that there is good cholesterol and bad cholesterol. The good is about HDL or high-density lipoprotein and normally that increases during the drinking of single malt. Thus, this will keep the bad levels monitored.
What Is Single Malt Whisky + Why Is It So Popular?
Best Single Malt Whisky and Scotch
A single malt whether scotch or whisky is like no other. Basically, this drink requires appreciation and another glass. This is a guide to help you pick the right pour for your budget and taste. Consider the following the top-rated single malt:
Lagavulin 16 Year Old, 43%: £55.45. This first whisky is from the island of Islay. The whiskies of this island are popular for they are being heavily peated. That is what gives the famous smoky spine. The old 16 year-old-expression means no exception to the peating. The appearance looks like a deep amber. As you take this liquor, you have a hint of orange and exotic fruit. The smoke though which may come from your mouth is there throughout. There is a charcoal too. While others do not find that as appetising, it also works. No wonder this is dubbed as one of the best single malts in circulation.
Bruichladdich Black Art 5.1 1992 24 Year Old, 48.4%: £269. This is the latest offering from the popular Black Art series by the scotch stalwart Bruichladdich. It is also a pioneer from Adam Hannett, the new head distiller. This premium whisky is delicious and enigmatic. The exciting part? Its recipes are never disclosed to anyone. They remain as a closely guarded secret. Sweet when it goes to your nose - there is an entanglement of vanilla and citrus to the taste. The combination results to a sweet earthiness. When it comes to its palette, it has always been deep and complex which is coupled with the flavour of exotic fruits.
Glenmorangie Signet, 46%: £138.This is one of the famous brands of single malt from this list which is highly commended for its premium expression. The Glenmorangie Signet is classy and elegant. You will taste the burnt citrus and deep cocoa as its scent reaches your nose. Its palate is thick and sweet. It has the trace of cinnamon and cocoa and also hints of oranges and other exotic fruits. The finish is dry and fruity. If you are looking for the right whisky for Christmas, you are already looking at it now.
Glen Garioch 12 Year Old, 48%: £44.55. The Glen Garioch 12 is considered to be an incredibly impressive salt malt. First, the nose offers guilty pleasures because of the dark chocolate and honey which come in the forefront. Second, this honey in the palate adds the smooth carpet of pepper and oak. You may not see this combination but it really works. As for the long and satisfying finish, your nose and palate will not be neglected. The oakiness will reach them for sure. Indeed, this whisky has always been complex and matured. The taste it brings is almost complex and matured, giving justice to its 12-year-old aging process. Thus, it is really one of the finests!
Bowmore Darkest 15 Year Whisky, 43%: £52.99. The Bowmore Darkest originates from the Islay region. This expression undergoes the aging process in sherry casks. Afterward, it bleeds through the nose with the scent of sherry aromas that is going to dominate the exotic spice it goes along with as well. The palate is rich and thick because of its butterscotch that is obtained from caramel and syrup. Thus, the finish embodies spices and sherry.
Glen Grant 18 Year Old, 43%: £109.95. The Glen Grant is an 18-year-old single malt which has been gaining attention these days now. This is made possible by guru Jim Murray who also named the scotch in the year 2017. During the same year, it also placed second worldwide for top-rated single malts. You will feel warm and homely in the nose upon drinking this. Hence, it can also be broken down to oakey tones which are mixed with spice too. Moreover, the palate is sweet. The dominant taste is vanilla and caramel, combined. At the end, the finish is satisfying and long, while it carries the sweetness of the palate that delivers the spices through your nose.