For some people, wearing a smartwatch is a wise move to make. It is for the device can perform various functions that cannot be completed with a traditional watch. While it is true that this gadget can be like a luxury, there is more to it than that. It adds value to your life and that cannot be underestimated.
A smartwatch is almost a wearable computer. It has a touchscreen interface that can be used daily. While it is true that it has to be linked to a smartphone application in order for it to be managed, the watch is almost independent on itself with the tasks it can do.
The earlier models were known for performing basic tasks like digital time telling, calculations, game-playing, translations, and game-playing. It was upgraded in the year 2010 when its features almost became the same with smartphones. There were already a mobile operating system and a WiFi/Bluetooth connectivity that works for mobile applications. On top of this, there were also smartwatches that have portable media players. They just have to be connected with a Bluetooth headset in order for them to play music.
As time went by, the internal hardware of smartwatches upgraded. Now, the majority of them have an electronic visual display already. It can be a backlit LCD, OLED or a Hologram. There are also some brands that have a transflective or electronic paper. Any of these conserves less power, which can be energy efficient.
Beginner's Guide to Smartwatches
Why Do You Need a Smartwatch?
- Monitors health. A smartwatch can reinforce the way you monitor your health. For one, it can function as a workout reminder. For people with a heart condition, they can use this gadget to monitor their heart rate. Aside from this, you can also secure health-related applications that you can maximise your own purpose. You can begin tracking your weight, calorie intake, and diet to a healthier lifestyle.
- Sends notifications. A smartwatch notifies you right straight at your wrist. This can be more convenient and accessible. You will be spared from looking at your phones for notifications all the time. Wherever you are, you can view your notifications right away. Even if you are not near your phone, you can be connected to the device too. This is a help to minimise your smartphone addiction.
- Prolongs battery life. Once you have a smartwatch, you do not have to use your phone, or rely on it all the time. Since you are using your cellphone less, you are saving your battery life. In the long run, you will realize the benefits of this. You can maintain the good condition of your phone this way.
- Implements security. Yes, a smartwatch can provide security. If you have it in your hand, you are unlikely to get lost. If you are a parent and you want to monitor the activities of your children outside, you can check on their presence through a GPS tracking. Manage their location so that you can know their habits. At least, you do not have to worry about ending up in an unknown territory. Use it for hiking.
The Best Smartwatch
For anyone who wants to see every piece of information in their watch, and then this technology is the one for them. Indeed, the device is useful. It is a separate entity in itself. If you are looking for a cheap smart watch, these are the options you can pick from:
- Xiaomi Amazfit. If you want a smartwatch, but you are in a budget… this unit from Xiaomi is for you. This product is from one of the best companies in the market that has been very generous in releasing budget-friendly items. Aside from their smartphones, this accessory is already a great deal from them. This cheap smartwatch has a GPS, Bluetooth, and a wide array of sensors and fitness trackers. Its battery life is also commendable.
- Huawei Watch 2. This smartwatch from Huawei is powered by Android Wear 2.0. This is claimed as a huge improvement from its original Android Wear. With the earlier comes myriad features. You can wear this watch without feeling uneasy or uncomfortable. It goes with plenty of sports sensors, which can guide you on your workout. This model is recommended for its great battery life, operating system, and its connectivity.
- Asus ZenWatch 3. If you give aesthetics a high regard, then the ZenWatch series of Asus will work to your advantage. This unit looks good. Its bezel-less design is one of a kind. Aside from its amazing construction, the watch also has an AMOLED screen which is also good. Its decent battery life will allow you to make the most of the tracker. Just take note that this is far from a sports watch. It’s more for your casual activities.
- Motorola Moto 360 Sport. If you are a minimalist, you will love the design of this smartwatch from Motorola. This is the best for sports enthusiasts. The watch follows the language of the Moto 360. There are just minor tweaks here and there. Among the best features of this unit is that it is simple and practical. It is also comfortable and easy to wear.
- Pebble Time Smartwatch. This watch goes away from the usual fancy smartwatches available in the market. It is simple with its monochromatic display. The unit has an accurate heart rate monitor function. The updates it provides are precise. Furthermore, it also has a built in 3D accelerometer and a gyroscope3D which would enable you to track every move you make. This is useful if you are in a workout regime.
There are plenty of ways to save on your purchases online. Most online UK shops such as Amazon, Currys PC World, Ebigsale, Ebuyer, GearBest, and H Samuel have regular sales, seasonal clearance, and flash sales where you can get up to 50% off on a wide array of smartwatch deals.
There are even retailers that have 3 for 2 and 2 for 1 offers on select items. Also, the best time to get huge savings is during Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Boxing Day where an extensive selection of products like Samsung smartwatch, Huawei smartwatch, and Fossil Smartwatch Gen 4 from your favourite UK retailers are reduced to clear.
Knowing when and where to look for the lowest possible price on smartwatch Samsung is the key here. Fortunately, you don't have to spend hours online searching for special offers, bargain deals, and price drops on smartwatch Apple, and Samsung Gear S3 frontier.
Our massive community of bargain hunters regularly share verified discounts, promos, and voucher codes from Halfords, John Lewis, The Jewel Hut, TOMTOP, Very, Wellnostics, and Wowcher, and from other reputable shops across the country. We also have a team of money-saving experts who always share essential tips and tricks on how you can get every day low prices on smart fitness watches, and smart watch ladies when shopping both online and instore.
Getting additional money off with the help of Latest Deals is easy. You can maximise your savings by simply using the latest smartwatch discount code of your choice upon check out. There are also voucher codes that can provide you with free shipping and gifts.
The special offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so once you spot a deal you love, grab it right away. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on fantastic offers and amazing savings every time you shop!