Cheap Subwoofer Deals, Voucher Codes & Offers on Sale
Beef up your sound system with a decent subwoofer. Here, our deal hunters share the latest price reductions. From Richer Sounds, Amazon and more, you'll find standalone subwoofers as well as those part of a package - such as a cheap TV soundbar. It's a great way to turn your living room into a home cinema to watch films and TV series. Enjoy a strong bass and feel the rumble through your furniture.Read more
People who are into high-end home audio systems are surely aware that they need more than just two speakers for their entertainment. In a home music or theatre audio system, there is this so-called subwoofer that changes a listening experience. This is dubbed as one of the most important speakers in a room these days. What does it do?
A subwoofer is known as a loudspeaker. It is bound to reproduce low-pitched audio frequencies which are often referred to as a bass and sub-bass. Technically, the term subwoofer means the speaker driver. However, now, it is also about a subwoofer driver which is mounted in a speaker enclosure or a cabinet. It often has a built-in amplifier.
In the year 1960, the first ever subwoofers were developed. They were built to add bass response to home stereo systems. However, the technology just became highly popular in the 1970s. It happened when the Sensurround in movies was introduced.
Subwoofers can reproduce the LFE or low frequency effects. This is also called the .1 in a 7.1 system. You might need this if your audio or home theater does not have the ability to produce all the lower frequencies. If you want to achieve a three-dimensional effect that goes well in soundtracks and music, this is what you need.
Explained: Subwoofers--What you need to Know
Why Do You Need a Subwoofer?
There is still an argument in the audiophile community about the use of subwoofers at home. Regardless, one thing is for sure - it can elevate your listening experience to a different level. This cannot be done by a simple audio component. Here’s a list of reasons why you should consider owning a subwoofer for your music playback. Take note of the following:
- Loud music without distortion. There are many systems that will not allow you to bump music at high volumes. The woofers in your speakers will not be able to adapt to the tweeters and mid drivers. However, a subwoofer is different. It can effortlessly deliver lound music without changing or distorting it. It does not matter how demanding the music material is.
- Added speed and control in low end transients. There are various genres of music that come with rapid starts and stops in instruments and vocals. Good thing, a subwoofer comes with transient and speed that would answer to the present bass realistically. Even fastest bass can be attended to with impact. This is one of the best features of a subwoofer speaker.
- Different sound production. The full depth and clarity of bass tones do not just happen to majority of speakers that drop off only about 50Hz of sounds. Subwoofers can reach even 20Hz or even lower. It can maximise even the limit of human hearing. This only shows that you will not miss a note from a bass guitar, kick drum, and pipe organ.
- Note reproduction in low frequency spectrum. Compared to the usual speakers, the best subwoofer is loyal to the content of music. It delivers bass notes that are expressed by the artist. This is one of the reasons why a subwoofer is at par with any model or brand of a speaker that has more weight and energy. All of these will contribute to a new listening experience.
- Sonos SUB. If you like a wireless sound system, this Sonos Sub is for you. The USB system of Sonos is like no other. It is a subwoofer in a standard wire system. It is the answer to a full and deep low end you are looking for. This has the same logic of simplicity. With its one button setup, you can get the unit going without too much difficulty and complications.
- ELAC S10 Debut Series 200 Watt Powered Subwoofer. The ELAC S10 Debut Series 200 Watt Powered Subwoofer has a 10” bass driver that delivers magnificent low frequencies with a breath-taking sense of realism. It also has a BASH amp that can operate 200 watts of power RMS and 400 watts of power even at peak. Its frequency response is 28-150Hz that adapts to however low you need it to.
- Klipsch Sub-12HG Synergy Series 12-Inch 300-Watt Subwoofer. If you are looking for a cheap subwoofer, this is the answer. This has a 12” cone and 300-watt BASH digital amp that also goes with myriad of connectivity options. Its frequency ranges from 24-120Hz that also features a low pass filter. This can be an ideal addition to your theatre system and a home stereo.
- Polk Audio PSW505 12-Inch Powered Subwoofer. Polk Audio is a famous name for audiophiles out there. This is a single-powered home subwoofer that can render a chest thumping bass and dynamic performance no matter how deep the sound is. The unit has 300 watts of continuous power and 460 watts of dynamic hi-roll surround. Its frequency reaches 23-160Hz which is also adjustable.
There are plenty of ways to save on your purchases online. Most online UK shops such as Amazon, Argos, Richer Sounds, Currys PC World, and eBay have regular sales, seasonal clearance, and flash sales where you can get up to 50% off on a wide array of Yamaha subwoofer, and active subwoofer.
There are even retailers that have 3 for 2 and 2 for 1 offers on select items. Also, the best time to get huge savings is during Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Boxing Day where an extensive selection of products like cheap subwoofers for car, and stereo with subwoofer from your favourite UK retailers are reduced to clear.
Knowing when and where to look for the lowest possible price on best powered subwoofer car, and subwoofer is the key here. Fortunately, you don't have to spend hours online searching for special offers, bargain deals, and price drops on wireless subwoofer.
Our massive community of bargain hunters regularly share verified discounts, promos, and voucher codes from Halfords, Hughes, John Lewis, Medion, and Richer Sounds, and from other reputable shops across the country. We also have a team of money-saving experts who always share essential tips and tricks on how you can get every day low prices on small subwoofer for car, and home cinema subwoofer when shopping both online and instore.
Getting additional money off with the help of Latest Deals is easy. You can maximise your savings by simply using the latest subwoofer discount code of your choice upon check out. There are also voucher codes that can provide you with free shipping and gifts.
The special offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so once you spot a deal you love, grab it right away. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on fantastic offers and amazing savings every time you shop!