Developed by SIE Japan Studio, The Last Guardian is an action-adventure game created for Playstation 4. Released in December 2016, the game gained popularity because of its gameplay and fun it brings to players. The Last Guardian is a third-person game that combines action-adventure and puzzle elements.
The Last Guardian has been in the works since 2007 and was originally set to launch as a PS3 exclusive. Japanese video game designer Fumito Ueda actually began putting concepts together for the game around 2005. After the game’s debut at E3 2009, plans were put into motion regarding a demo of the game that was to be featured within The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection. But as we all know already, that outcome never came to be. Team Ico simply had a tough time bringing Ueda’s vision to fruition with the PlayStation 3’s hardware capabilities.
As the years passed, word had started to circulate that The Last Guardian’s production had been shut down for good. But at E3 2015, a brand new trailer for the game was released and helped reintroduce it as an exclusive for the PS4.
The Story Behind the Game
The narrative behind this title is told by an older man who happens to be the young boy you’re playing as. This elderly gentleman recounts his time spent with the massive creature named Trico, which makes this game more of a playable flashback sequence. As a young boy, he ends up kidnapped for undisclosed reasons and is then trapped within a mysterious castle.
When he finally awakens, the boy discovers he’s been covered in a bunch of mysterious tattoos. Once he finally frees himself from his predicament, he befriends Trico after releasing it from captivity. From this point forward, both the young boy and Trico aid each other as they look to escape the castle’s dangerous confines.
From Japan Studio comes an unforgettable story of comradeship, trust and extraordinary adventures in a strange, mystical land.
Why You Should Play The Last Guardian
- It’s a game by Fumito Ueda. Fumito Ueda is the chap behind legendary gaming art pieces Ico and Shadow of the Colossus which, to this day, are considered some of the best video games ever made.
- Beautiful art style. Epic ancient-world structures blend seamlessly with fantasy wilderness and dungeon to great effect.
- A Hybrid between ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. If you played Shadow of the Colossus then you will know that in order to take down the gigantic mythical beasts standing between you and your goal you had to literally scale them. This would often involve grabbing onto the foot and then scaling the entire beast to its more vulnerable upper regions. In The Last Guardian the same climbing mechanic is utilised, however this time you are using it to scale Trico to reach new areas or solve Ico-style puzzles, rather than go on a murderous rampage.
- It sets its own pace. If you are used to the frenetic fast pace set by most modern video games, where the modus operandi is to shoot first and think second, then The Last Guardian will definitely be a shock to your system.
- A giant bird dragon dog like creature that you can ride. The boy protagonist in The Last Guardian must work with a large mythical creature called Trico, which is like a mashup between a dog, bird, and dragon.
The Last Guardian started to become a bit mythical; a fabled video game, one that is perpetually in reach but you can never grasp with your greedy little hands and caress with your stubby fingers. If you are looking for cheap The Last Guardian game, you’ve come to the right place!
Here at Latest deals you will find the best deals Last Guardian deals in the UK. Find great deals, special offers, price drops, and console bundles on a wide selection of cheap The Last Guardian game including The Last Guardian PS3 and The Last Guardian Xbox One. From The Last Guardian PC to The Last Guardian PS4, you are sure to find the cheapest The Last Guardian game to add to your collection. Find all the best and top-selling versions of The Last Guardian online including The Last Guardian 2. There are even The Last Guardian PC download offers that you can get.
Our community of bargain hunters regularly share verified deals and offers on The Last Guardian games from major UK retailers to help you save on your purchases. We also have a team of money-saving experts who share essential tips and tricks that will help you get discounts in your instore and online shopping.
Most reputable online UK shops like Amazon, Argos, Tesco, GAME, Simply Games, CEX, The Game Collection, 365Games, Currys PC World, and Playstation Store among others often have sale events such as clearance and flash sales where you can save as much as 50% off on an extensive selection of The Last Guardian. They also reduce their prices further during Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Boxing Day. You can maximise your savings and get additional money off by using the latest The Last Guardian discount codes you can find here at Latest Deals. There are even voucher codes where you can get freebies and free shipping on your purchases.
Remember that the special offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so make sure to take advantage of them right away before they expire. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on fantastic savings. Amazing discounts, and everyday low prices from your favourite online shops in the UK!