A tile is a manufactured hard-wearing material such as ceramic, marble, wood, stone, and metal. They are mainly use for covering walls and floors to make a room or divide the area of structures by the tile’s design. Here are some essential things you need to consider before buying tiles for your space.
- Light colours. Choose light colours to make a small/dark room feel bigger and brighter.
- Be adventurous. However, don’t be afraid of colour, which can also create some unique effects and environments in your home. Personal preference is the key.
- Don’t compromise. See tiles as an investment, not a cost; never compromise on quality, which can still be picked up at great prices.
- Plan ahead. Always purchase an additional 5-10% more tiles than you actually need. This allows you (or the tiler) to compensate for cuts and breakages and ensures you have the same batch/shade should you have needed additional tiles. Most companies will offer a refund on unused boxes of tiles.
- Blend in those grout lines. Choose a tile grout colour that compliments your tiles to help blend in grout lines.
- Bigger is not always better. If your wall or floor will require a lot of tile cuts (i.e. around fixtures/fittings), choose smaller tiles to give a better flow.
- Use borders and decors. Add extra interest by breaking up your wall tiling with border tiles and decors.
- Check the suitability. Need floor tiles? Make sure you check that the floor tile wear rating (PEI rating) is suitable for your intended area/use. A similar question you may need to ask is do you need ceramic or porcelain tiles? Porcelain tiles are suitable for outdoors and domestic floors where heavy traffic/abrasion is anticipated. Click the link above for more details.
- Maintenance.. If you are purchasing natural stone tiles (i.e. travertine, marble, slate), make sure you get the right advice for sealing and treating the tiles before and after fixing.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for advice. Don’t be afraid to ask sales assistants for advice; they will be fully trained to answer all your queries and may bring to your attention things you may not have otherwise considered.
If you are looking for cheap tiles for your home, you’ve come to the right place! Here at Latest deals you will find the best deals and cheapest tiles UK. Find great deals, special offers, price drops, and bundles on a wide selection of cheap polished floor tiles, quartz floor tiles and tiles for kitchen floor, you are sure to find the cheapest Laura Ashley bathroom tiles, clearance tiles and other cheap floor tiles uk for a smooth surface and creative designs for your home. Find all the cheap tiles, discount tiles and so much more. Our community of bargain hunters regularly share verified deals and offers on cheap floor tiles wholesale, clearance tiles and discount tiles from major UK retailers to help you save on your purchases. We also have a team of money-saving experts who share essential tips and tricks that will help you get discounts in your instore and online shopping. Most UK retailers often have sale events such as clearance and flash sales where you can save as much as 65% off on an extensive selection of cheap tiles uk online. They also reduce their prices even further on popular polished floor tiles and tiles for kitchen floor during Boxing Day and Black Friday. You can maximise your savings and get additional money off by using the latest popular quartz floor tiles discount codes you can find here at Latest Deals. There are even voucher codes where you can get freebies and free shipping on your purchases. Here’s a list of UK online sites where you can find the best deals on quality cheap tiles:
The special offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so make sure to take advantage of them right away before they expire. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on fantastic savings. Amazing discounts, and everyday low prices from your favourite online shops in the UK!
How to tile a bathroom floor