Towels don’t just add colour to your bathroom, it’s more than an accessory. It’s one of the most frequently used items in your home, an everyday essential. It is important to take your time when investing in a towel set that’s perfect for you and your family.
Shopping for the right towels can be confusing. There are many things you need to consider such as size, colour, quality, thread count, type of fabric and cost. In this article, we will end your dilemma and break down the most important things you need to know and consider to narrow down your choices. In addition, we have a community of bargain hunters and team of money-saving experts who are always on the hunt to bring you the most affordable quality towels. You will surely find a cheap towel deal here that will perfectly fit your budget.
Where Can I Find Cheap Towel Deals in the UK?
Here at Latest Deals, you will find the cheapest place to buy towels. Get some money off on cheap bath towels, coloured towels, beach towels, baby towels hand towels and more from the latest discount codes, voucher codes, bath towels clearance and special offers from UK retailers such as Amazon, Ebay, Argos, Asda, Dunelm, IWOOT and Mothercare just to name a few. This page is updated regularly by our generous bargain hunters with verified cheap towel deals so make sure to keep on coming back to take advantage of the latest savings available.
Amazon. Find a great selection of budget-friendly bath towels, towel sets, beach towels, guest towels and more. Get big savings on Amazon’s warehouse deals and deep discounts on open-box products. You can also get exclusive deals and free delivery if your an Amazon Prime member.
eBay. eBay has the world’s largest selection of cheap towels in bulk. Take advantage of their best deals on their range of bath towels and bundled towel sets from hand towels to beach towels.
Cheap hand towels, B&M
Wowcher. Save as much as 70% off on personalised towels, a whole set of Egyptian cotton towels or kids beach towels at Wowcher.
Argos. Step out of the shower and wrap yourself in quality affordable towels with fantastic discounts from Argos. Enjoy as much as 20% off and free delivery on selected towels on sale.
Matalan. The retailer offers a fantastic range of cheap towels such as face clothes, bath sheets and bath towels in various GSM as well as towels made from 100% Egyptian cotton.
GSM or or grams per square metre is a scale used for measuring the quality of a towel. Rule of thumb is, the higher the towel’s GSM, the better its quality is, which means it’s more absorbent and will last longer. A standard towel has a GSM ranging from 200 to 300, while those with 400 to 700 is considered superior in quality.
Things to Consider When Buying Towels
- GSM. When shopping for towels, it is essential to also check out its thread count just like when shopping with bed linens. If you want a lighter towel, opt for those below 350 to 400 GSM. If you’re running a busy home, anything around 400 to 600 GSM is ideal as it dries out fairly quickly. Anything with a higher GSM will be heavier and can be considered luxurious but tends to dry longer.
- Fabric. Egyptian cotton extra-long loops and is considered to be the best fabric for any towel as it makes it highly durable and extra absorbent. Pima and cotton are basically the same and the only difference is that the latter originates from the United States. Turkish cotton is also something you may want to consider as it is lightweight and soft to the touch. Other fabrics used in towels include bamboo, hemp, microfibre and linen.
- Size. You need to think of where and what you will be using your towels for to be able to determine the size you need to buy. This bathroom essential can be multifunctional. For example, a hand towel can also be used for drying your hair, while you can also use a face cloth to scrub your body while taking a shower. If you like to be wrapped up really good after a bath, go for a larger bath sheet instead of a regular bath towel.
- Colour. If you want a chic hotel look, opt for white towels which can also go with any colour scheme and decor of your bathroom. If you want to be playful or make a statement, choose either colourful or patterned towels. If you’re going for a more subtle style, go for those with the same tone as your flooring or tiles.
- Make sure to read the care and wash instructions of your towels for any special instructions.
- Do not use detergents containing whiteners and bleach to avoid colour fading.
- Fabric conditioners can reduce the absorbency of towels by coating its fibres, so try to avoid using them if possible.
- Leave or snip off any loose threads to avoid damaging your towels further.
- Ironing can also reduce absorbency and damage the fibres of your towels.