Cheap Xbox 360 Games & Console
The latest Xbox 360 game & console deals
Despite the Xbox 360 no longer being for sale, it offers a great opportunity for savvy bargain hunters. Games are available at hugely discounted prices. You'll find them in Home Bargains, ASDA, Music Magpie, Base, Ebay and more. You'll also find Xbox headsets and refurbished consoles available for less. Every day our gaming bargain hunters share deals to help you save money.Read more
The Xbox 360 offers a wide range of games and accessories that can be enjoyed by everyone. Aside from gaming, you can also use it to store, organize and play your favourite music, as well as videos and TV shows. The quieter and cooler slim line version of this console offers new improvements on its performance. It has a built-in Wi-Fi so that you can easily connect to the entertainment world of Xbox Live, play with your friends worldwide, as well as TV streaming and HD movies. The company also offeres a free 1 month trial of Xbox Live when you register an account. The console also has a 250GB version if you want more storage space for your favourite games, movies and music.
Xbox 360 Key Features
- A wide array of games available to purchase and download.
- Supports full high-definition gaming so gamers can enjoy live experience with unbelievable screen detail.
- Easy to setup entertainment and online gamine. Simply connect you console to your internet connection and get instant access to online games and entertainment.
- Allows interactive play and multi-player gaming with their online gaming community.
- Parental control for multiple accounts, console timer for limiting your kid’s play time, control of age rating games of certain accounts, and the ability to control access to the console.
- It can handle CDs, music streaming from gadgets such as your MP3 player or iPod. You can even create your own playlists and customise certain games with your favourite music.
- Watch and record live TV via Windows media centre in your PC.
- It features Kinect which works with all Xbox 360. It tracks your movement if full 3D with built-in face and recognition for an interactive experience without the need to use headsets, controllers or keypads.
Where can I get cheap Xbox 360 deals?
Get the best new and used Xbox 360 deals including a huge range of games, controllers and accessories here at Latest Deals. Our team of money saving experts and community of bargain hunters are always on the lookout to find the cheapest new and second hand Xbox 360 deals around. Compare Xbox 360 price to get the best possible savings from your favourite online UK retailers.
- Argos has Xbox 360 consoles, a wide array of everything related to it with same day delivery £3.95, or fast store collection.
- CEX is where you can buy, sell and exchange your Xbox 360 consoles, games and controllers. This is a great site if you’re on a budget and looking to save on your budget.
- Amazon is your online source for the best deals on Xbox 360 games and accessories, along with Xbox LIVE time and Microsoft Points that will keep you at the front lines of gaming. Get FREE shipping on consoles and bundles. Shop must-have accessories and our great selection of Xbox 360 games.
- Game offers a selection of Xbox 360 consoles including new and preowned with Kinect, Kinect Sports and Dance Central 2 and Slim condition. You can also find accessories and games you can buy and download.
- Music Magpie has cheap Xbox 360 previous generation games and second hand consoles. From Halo to Gears of War, they've got a massive range of cheap Xbox games to add to your collection. Their refurbished consoles come with 12 months guarantee.
- eBay has one of the world’s largest selection and best deals for Microsoft Xbox 360.
- Currys has all the latest models and great deals on the gaming console and its games with free delivery.
- 365Games is filled with great Xbox 360 deals, and is perfect for those who don't like spending too much! If you cannot find what you are looking for in here, make sure to check out their Special Offers section for more deals.
Should I Buy the Xbox 360 over the latest consoles?
If you want the best, newer consoles like the Xbox One S is more powerful and faster. It also offers greater connectivity, interface features and home entertainment. But if you’re on a budget and want to save a few pounds, or have some specific older games you want to play, the Xbox 360 is still worth considering.
Xbox 360 vs Xbox One S
Although the much current Xbox One S is a superior console, it’s also more costly. The much cheaper Xbox 360 is in fact considered my many gamers to be one of the best gaming console in history. And if you’re a less hardcore gamer, that may well be enough. Keep in mind though that a decade after its release, Microsoft has ended its support for the Xbox 360.
- Xbox 360 250GB, from £70 at Amazon
- Xbox One S 500GB, £229.99 at the Microsoft Store
Other retailers such as Argos, Currys and Tesco often offer bundles with single games for the same price. There’s also a hidden cost for both consoles:
- Annual subscription service fee for online play.
- Xbox Live Gold membership, £40 per year or £5.99 per month
Hardware and specifications comparison:
- Microsoft has fined the readability issues of the earlier version of the Xbox 360 with the Xbox One S, but it’s worth noting that any new Xbox 360 release will unlikely suffer from these issues as well.
- Xbox One S is based on the AMD Jaguar processor with 8 CPU cores running at 1.75Ghz. The Xbox 360 on the other hand features a custom-designed triple-core 64-bit PowerPC-based CPU, known as 'Xenon' by Microsoft.
- In terms of connectivity, the Xbox One S offer a more bewildering array of ports with 3 USB ports, optical output, Ethernet and 2 HDMI sockets. Xbox 360 comes with a detachable and upgradable hard drive, a 12x dual-layer DVD-ROM drive, 3 USB 2.0 ports, 2 memory unit slots and a WI-FI connector available if you will pay for an upgrade.
- The newest console may be the clear winner in terms of connectivity, power and performance, by the Xbox 360 is fit for the purpose as well, you just have to think about exactly what you want from it, how much you are willing to pay for the privilege and upgrades.
Microsoft offers a list of backwards compatible titles on its website, and is continuing to add to it. So far over 450 Xbox 360 games are playable on the Xbox One, but that's compared to a full library of over 1,000 titles - so there are still a lot of games you can't play on the more modern console, though most of the biggest, most popular titles are available.
The main reason to buy the latest console is to play its exclusive games. The Xbox 360 retains a vast library of excellent games, albeit without the bells and whistles of the very latest titles. Again: if you can get over the fact that the Xbox 360 isn't the latest and best, it is still an excellent purchase.
Buying Second Hand Xbox 360
Looking for a good pre-owned Xboxx 360 console can be a daunting task if you don’t know where to look and spot the not so good ones. Here are some things to keep in mind when on the market for a used console:
- Always purchase from a trusted source such as eBay, Newegg, and Amazon.
- If you are looking to personally procure the console, make sure that you have enough information about the seller. Ask all the questions you have on your mind about the condition of the console.
- Always read about the seller's return policy. Most sellers offer a grace period, wherein you can return the product if you aren't happy with it.
- There are a lot of Xbox 360s in the market which come bundled with the Kinect. While this might seem like a welcome addition, it certainly does not warrant a steeper asking price.
- Once you have the console, make sure that there are no loose parts on either the controller or the console. Make sure that the buttons on the controller aren't too hard and have a good tactile feedback. Try out the controller with and without the connecting cable. Check the storage on the console to verify the claim made by the seller.
- Check the information printed at the back of the console. Steer clear of the Xbox 360 Core, Arcade, Slim E 4 GB, and Slim S 4 GB versions of the console as these have very low, if any, storage capacity.
- ALWAYS insist upon the original bill receipt and other documents of the console.
- While used Xbox 360s are usually available for much cheaper than refurbished ones, the additional warranty that usually comes along with a new one certainly justifies the marginal difference in the price.