This was the first time I'd bought from Cougar. They had an absolute bargain set of 5 lipsticks for £3.95.
So here's the plus sides:-
* Fast dispatch- took less than 5 days to arrive.
* Really nice shades of lippy!
*Proports to be vegan and cruelty free- (great to know I'm not contributing to any trampy looking squirrels mincing about in cages!), so it seems ethical.
* Super, duper bargains available on the Cougar site, like a mystery bargain box for £10.00.
* Good coverage and doesn't smear.
* Great tracking information on your delivery and clear emails confirming your orders.
Here's the negatives:-
* Packaging is light and feels cheap. If you love the click and shine of a costly lipstick lid and the quality of sleek packaged make-up this isn't for you. It feels a little plastic.
* The cardboard outer packaging came looking a bit concertina-ish.
* Feels a bit waxy.
* Cougar has some really expensive products on it's website. The price doesn't seem justifiable based on the quality of these lipsticks. I wouldn't pay the full retail price of £39.95 for these lipsticks. They don't compare well against make-up by Barry M or other similar priced products.
* Cougar doesn't seem to have a clear selling point, the name conjures to mind a middle- aged woman trying desperately to lure in young gardeners and that doesn't appeal to me.
The brand lacks something- it has a great selling point of being vegan and anti-cruelty, if it got rid of it's plastic packaging and aimed to be eco- friendly it might have something unique and fun.
At the minute, it falls a little flat with it's branding.
All in all, I might buy other Cougar products occasionally to amuse myself but it won't replace my higher quality make-up.