1. Home
  2. Chat
  3. What is This Drink?

What is This Drink?

Ask a Question

Me and the OH are just trying to remember a fizzy drink from when were younger. We can both remember buying it from the local newsagents shop at school lunch so it must be late 1990s. It was a clear fizzy drink but not lemonade. My OH thinks it was fruity tasting but I thought it was a cola sort of tasting drink. Any ideas?

rararachel
22 days ago
What do you think of this?
MeestairChrees
MeestairChrees22 days ago

The only other clear drink I can think of is cream soda, but that's not fruity?

Gefor
Gefor22 days ago

Yeah cream soda was my thinking

rararachel
rararachel
Original Poster
22 days ago

Definitely not cream soda. It's something you can't get now and we can remember adverts for it on TV so it must have been popular. We are both trying to Google clear drinks to come up with the answer. I'm sure the label was white or silver.

Gefor
Gefor22 days ago

Tab clear? It's cola I think

rararachel
rararachel
Original Poster
22 days ago

Gefor yes!!!! That was it. I use to love the stuff. A cola that was clear.... I knew it wasn't fruity.

Gefor
Gefor22 days ago

Lol not sure where I grabbed that from, don't think I ever tried it

rararachel
rararachel
Original Poster
22 days ago

I don't recall it being around for very long. It did taste like cola but not like normal cola - a bit strange to be honest. Probably didn't really appeal as why would you try and make a clear cola anyway!

Gefor
Gefor22 days ago

And the bonus, your OH was wrong 😂😂

rararachel
rararachel
Original Poster
22 days ago

Exactly! I knew I was right 😁 even their own advert described it as cola - apparently I'm still wrong and it wasn't cola 🙄

Gefor
Gefor22 days ago

Lol Coca-Cola trademark on the can

Dennab
Dennab21 days ago

Tab was my instant thought but it appears someone beat me to it!

rararachel
rararachel
Original Poster
21 days ago

Yes it was definitely the Tab Clear stuff. It didn't appear to be in the UK very long though and not many people can remember it or drank it!

Dennab
Dennab21 days ago

rararachel Did it taste like Coke?

rararachel
rararachel
Original Poster
21 days ago

Dennab it did but kind of a weird Coke. It wasn't the same as a conventional Coca-Cola.

Dennab
Dennab21 days ago

rararachel I don't remember actually tasting it, not a particularly massive Coke fan yet still want to try it now. 😁

rararachel
rararachel
Original Poster
21 days ago

Dennab I haven't drunk fizzy pop for years, and never actually drunk that much of it either even in my teenage years. I think it must have been a novelty.

Dennab
Dennab21 days ago

Tab still exists or did until recently. The clear stuff I'm not sure about but they did also make a clear Coca-Cola. I don't think that was sold here.

Dennab
Dennab21 days ago

Ah it seems Coca-Cola Clear is basically Sprite in Japan 😁

One of the UK's largest deal hunting communities

Join for free to get genuine deals, money saving advice and help from our friendly community

Kelsey, Tom
& Deepak
Founders
Founders of Latest Deals
We use cookies (e.g. personalisation, analytics, social media). Find out more.