Welcome to our Guidelines. Information on how to be a great contributor and also explanations on why accounts may be restricted.
Only individuals can share deals
We want LatestDeals.co.uk to be a place people trust to find genuine deals. This means we don’t allow companies to share their own products/services.
Our community seeks the best deals and money saving advice in the UK. Your posts should be of a high quality in terms of the rarity of offers, accuracy of information, and from a variety of sources. Whether an offer is good or not is of course subjective but we do ask that you genuinely believe what you're sharing is good value and helpful (e.g. a deal informing people that Marks and Spencer sell clothes probably isn't very helpful. A deal letting people know there's a 30% off sale at Marks and Spencer is a lot more helpful!)
- If possible the link should go directly to the product, rather than the retailer's homepage or their social media.
- The title should be a short, clear description of the deal (e.g. "Converse White Split Hi Trainers").
- Please include the discounted price and (if higher) the RRP.
- Please upload/select an image of the deal.
- Please include a detailed description, ideally including your opinion on why the deal is good value.
- If the deal is only available in-store (i.e. it cannot be bought online) please tick the "in-store only" box when sharing the deal. Please also provide proof of the in-store price, for example, a photograph.
- If the deal requires a discount code please tick the "This deal requires a voucher code" box and add in the code separately.
- Subscribe & Save offers (for example, on Amazon): the main deal price should be the normal, single purchase price. We do not accept the "subscribe & save" price as a deal, for it's available on nearly every product. You are welcome to include this extra information in the description.
- The title should include the discount/offer and what it applies to (e.g. "£5 off orders over £30 at B&Q")
- Vouchers should apply to more than one product (e.g. site-wide or a particular range of products). If a voucher only works with one specific product or service please share it as a deal instead.
- If a voucher code isn't required please share it as a deal instead (e.g. Automatic 20% off everything at Argos)
- If available, please set the expiration date of the voucher.
- Please include any relevant terms and conditions in the description.
- The title should include what the freebie is (e.g. "Free set of playing cards").
- Please upload/select an image of the freebie.
- Freebies should be free. If you've found a freebie that requires a spend (e.g. spend £30 get a free cuddly toy) or relies on cashback please share this as a deal instead.
- A small, reasonable postage charge is okay. Please fill in the postage amount separately.
- If you need to fill in a form (e.g. Survey Monkey, Google Form, etc) please also try and include a link to where the original offer was advertised (e.g. a page on the retailer's website or social media post).
- If the freebie is a giveaway (e.g. Enter for a chance to get a free shampoo) please share as a competition instead.
- We do not accept free eBooks (free trials to popular paid-for platforms are OK, for example, a 3-month free trial to Amazon Kindle Unlimited)
- We do not accept apps, digital downloads, software and other digital things which are usually free. (If they are reduced in price, for example, down from £1 to free, that is OK.)
- Include what the prize is in the title - e.g. "Win a holiday to Spain", "Win £250 Amazon Voucher"
- Please upload/select an image of the prize.
- If there are multiple entry methods (e.g. Facebook and Instagram) please only share the competition once and link to the alternative entry methods in the description.
- Generally speaking, we accept one post per prize. If multiple websites/companies are running the same competition, with the same entry mechanics, please only share it once. For example, if a large publishing company is running the same competition across multiple websites. If the terms and conditions explicitly state that you can enter multiple times from each website/company, please list them in the description of the competition post if you know of them. On the other hand, if there are multiple websites with similar but multiple prizes available, that's OK. As this is a complicated one, please give us just a tad of wiggle room!
- If you need to fill in a form (e.g. Survey Monkey, Google Form, etc) please also include a link to where the original offer was advertised (e.g. a page on the retailer's website or social media post). Otherwise, your post may go into moderation for quality reasons, as we cannot verify the source, and it may be a data-protection risk to our members.
- Competitions applicable UK nationwide only.
- Survey or Opinion sites that give prizes for reviews, please add in this Chat post. Please see further clarification below.
- Unlike deals and vouchers, competitions with the same URL cannot be re-shared after 30 days.
- Only post competitions that are live now. Not competitions that start in the future e.g. "You can enter this competition from X date (10 days in future)".
- We may not accept competitions from gambling sites such as PaddyPower, Bet365, William Hill and bingo sites. Even if these competitions are free to enter, they may be seen as encouraging gambling and, consequently, there are various gambling regulation laws we may need to take into account. Please avoid posting competitions from these types of sites to prevent your posts going into moderation.
- We do not accept competitions if there are no free entry methods. If the competition is paid-for, there must be a free entry alternative as well.
Coming Soon Posts
Please do not share ‘coming soon’ or heads-up type posts for frequently occurring offers. For example, a weekly sale at a brand. There are many offers which repeat each week, and it causes problems to ‘reserve’ them in this way. We do accept ‘coming soon’ posts for large, infrequent events, such as Amazon Prime Day, Sainsbury’s Tu Clothing Sales or popular new product launches such as a new Apple iPhone or games console; or for exceptional deals. However, such posts should also contain a demonstration of proof. For example, photographs of internal documents. By way of guidance, but please allow us just a smidge of wiggle room, if an offer is as infrequent as monthly or less, it’s OK for a ‘coming soon’ post (with proof). If the offer is more frequent than monthly, i.e. weekly or bi-weekly, ‘coming soon’ posts are not accepted. Please only post a deal when it is available to purchase or pre-order.
Please do not 'reserve' or 'hog' offers (including competitions) by way of posting them in advance of their happening - before they are available - as per the Coming Soon Posts guideline above, and by no means through manipulation of the Latest Deals system such as blocking the links being shared by others, or by changing the core information of your post by editing it to another offer after it has been published.
We make a distinction between companies that only do surveys, such as Pinecone Research or BzzAgent, and other types of companies that are using a survey for a competition or freebie, but that surveys are not their main business.
- For example, if a fashion store such as boohoo held a competition in which you had to answer a survey to enter, that's OK.
- If a survey company (whose sole activity is to get people to do surveys) such as BzzAgent says enter surveys to win a competition, that's not OK.
The reason for this follows a community decision a few years ago not to allow Survey company competitions, as members found there is rarely a genuine winner.
Give clear and detailed descriptions
Where can you find the deal? Is it in-store, nationwide or online? How much was it and how much is it now? Do you have to pay for postage? Give clear and detailed descriptions. We'd much rather have too much detail than too little.
Please do try and include all relevant information in the description of a post. If you forget something you can always edit your post and add details in later. If everything is in one place it makes it a lot easier for members to quickly see all the information they may need.
A good title answers three things: What is the deal, where is it and how much is the saving? For example, Trainer Clearance Sale at Nike, up to 99% off!
Some deals require a membership to get the discount. Please simply post the deal for the membership. Do not post every activity or location that comes with the membership as separate deals. For example, you can post a deal for TasteCard, but not for every restaurant that is discounted with it.
The title / price should reflect what the majority of people will be able to buy it for
Please only post deals which most people can buy. We don't allow deals which require previous actions (such as collecting vouchers the day before) or that only work with unique single-use discount codes. Latest Deals is a big community and the best deals are ones that work for everyone.
If you submit an online deal, we'll try to automatically find a relevant photo. If we can’t, please upload one. If you submit an in-store deal, please upload a photo. Images should be clear, and if it's a screenshot from your phone, please crop the photo so only the relevant product is visible.
Try to find the best fitting category for your deal. If there's no other choice, you can always put it under "Other"
Duplicate Posts (first come, first served)
- It wouldn’t be a very helpful place if the whole site was flooded with the same deal. Because of that we’ve agreed that duplicate deals are dealt with on a first-come-first-served basis. If you’re quick off the mark and spot the bargain first then you get to keep the points.
- We try to automatically detect duplicates but please carry out your own checks before sharing by doing a quick search of Latest Deals.
- We allow price changes of up to ±5% before a deal can be posted again (within 30 days). This means that if someone has posted a deal for £1, but you've now seen it's £0.95p, we ask you to simply let the author of the post know (or tag a Mentor) and encourage them to update the price. If the price has changed more than 5%, you are welcome to post it again and report the first deal post as expired.
Unique deals (don't post different colours etc. of the same product separately)
If you find a product that has multiple colours, flavours or varieties - but all under the same offer - please post it as one deal. You can combine all the various options under the same post.
Can I post a product if it is included in someone else's more general sale post?
- For example, someone has posted "Superdrug Half-Price Perfume Sale" as a deal post. And, within the description of the post they have included some example deals. Can I post one of those examples as an individual deal post?
- Yes, you can.
How long before I can re-post a deal?
Deals may be re-posted after 30 days. However, you may ask for your old post to be "refreshed". For example, if you spent a long time crafting a great piece of timeless advice, it is better to have yours than a lower quality post. Just tag a Mentor in the comments and ask.
As some competitions disqualify people if they enter more than once we don't allow competitions to be re-shared.
My deal is cheaper than one already on the site. Can I post it?
If you've found a deal that's significantly cheaper than one that's already on the site, you can post it:
- Press 'Share' and post the URL to the deal
- It may respond with Whoops it looks like this has already been shared?
- Press Next to continue posting your deal anyway
You could also comment on a deal to inform the original poster that the price has gone down.
Whilst we’ve nothing against second-hand stuff we do ask that any deal on the site is available to the masses i.e. there are many available in stock. If you’ve found someone selling a cheap TV on an auction site such as ebay then, unless they’ve got a large quantity of them in-stock, we’d ask you share it in the chat section rather than as a deal.
We had a bit of a group discussion amongst the community and the general consensus was that there are already a bunch of great places to share/trade referral links online. Because of that we've decided to keep Latest Deals a referral-link-free zone!
Please try and stick to UK only sites. If it is an international site, it needs to have prices available in GBP £, and international shipping information. Examples of international sites we accept are GearBest and AliExpress.
Registered and established businesses only
In the interest of safety for our members, please only share deals from registered and established retailers. The business should have a company number and full address and contact details readily available. We review a number of factors including the company's age, trading standards history, reviews and more. Your deal may be put into moderation if the company fails to meet these standards. This is for the safety of our members.
Chat and Commenting
Please see our guidelines here.
Things we say no to
We may have to remove your deal or restrict your account if we feel it doesn't fit in with the values of the community. Here are some of the things that we don't allow on LD:
- Self-promotion / Links to your own goods or services (if you’re a brand, please get in touch with us directly)
- Posting deals on behalf of someone else (e.g. if you've been privately messaged to share something on LD)
- Free eBooks (free trials to popular paid-for platforms are OK, for example, a 3-month free trial to Amazon Kindle Unlimited)
- Apps, digital downloads, software and other digital things which are usually free
- Local small-scale events
- Pornography, illegal goods and services
- Copyright infringing content
- Unknown or unverified software (stuff that isn't mainstream)
- Encouraging action that is against a company's terms and conditions
- Multiple accounts
- Harassment of other members (including "Romantic advances" - save it for Tinder).
Other deal sites
Unfortunately we do not accept links or mentions of other deal sites. This may be because: they are competitors to Latest Deals, they have asked us not to mention them, they are on our naughty list for self-promotion, or perhaps for another reason. These sites include but are not limited to:
- Elite Deals
- Bargain Hunter UK
Rewarding points and Amazon vouchers is our way of giving back to the community. However, any attempted manipulation of your points score, for example, by spamming the site with unhelpful comments, may result in a permanent ban and the loss of any points.
Polite and Positive Discussion
We welcome polite and positive discussion. Having an opposing opinion is fine for as long as it is communicated in a constructive, polite and positive manner. Undue negative criticism and rudeness is not. We may review, edit and delete such content and your account may be limited or banned.