1. Home
  2. Chat
  3. Favourite Board Game

Favourite Board Game

Ask a Question

I need to acquire a selection of board games for all generations. Have you got a favourite?

eyeballkerry
11 days ago
What do you think of this?
Lynibis
Lynibis11 days ago

Scrabble. Boggle is good but not so much a board game.

eyeballkerry
eyeballkerry
Original Poster
11 days ago

Played scrabble but not boggle. Is boggle a serious or fun game?

Lynibis
Lynibis11 days ago

eyeballkerry hi, boggle is a smallish box with 16 dice inside but with letters instead of numbers. You shake it around they settle and then with the timer you have to make as many words as possible but each letter of the word has to connect to previous in whatever direction.

You get points for how many letters in the word you make but if you do same word as someone else no points. It sounds serious but we laughed our heads off when playing!

MichelleKe42857
MichelleKe4285711 days ago

Love monopoly! Recently got the cheaters edition. That's fun too.

eyeballkerry
eyeballkerry
Original Poster
11 days ago

That sounds good, I will check that out

blacklabrador
blacklabrador11 days ago

I really like Monopoly, but nobody will play with me anymore as I take it very seriously.

eyeballkerry
eyeballkerry
Original Poster
11 days ago

You sound just like my brother and he is also a terrible loser

Lynibis
Lynibis11 days ago

No point playing a game if you don't play properly so I am with you on that. It can still be good fun.

arraneliezer
arraneliezer11 days ago

Lynibis you can still have some fun even if you dont play propely

lornaae
lornaae11 days ago

I really love Payday! Also monopoly that is just a classic! Don't really play board games very much now though

arraneliezer
arraneliezer11 days ago

pay day is one of my best games

rls
rls11 days ago

As a family we play a lot of games and our favourite changes quite often. Over the Christmas period we played Survive Escape Atlantis quite a bit

HannahSunderlan
HannahSunderlan11 days ago

If youโ€™ve never heard of Obama llama you really need to get it! Itโ€™s so funny! itโ€™s a rhyming game and you will need some pop culture knowledge but it is so fun ๐Ÿ˜Š

arraneliezer
arraneliezer11 days ago

hi im eliezer arran who lives in gateshead my favirout board game is monoply

Johnny
Johnny11 days ago

Jenga. Takes seconds to learn how to play!

For Age 6 - 99.

KirstyW
KirstyW11 days ago

I don't own any anymore, but ny favourite is Cluedo but I like the classic old ones.

ClaireF1978
ClaireF197811 days ago

Game of Life was my favourite as a child. Would love to get hold of it and see if it lives up to the memories. I like cards against humanity now, not for when there are kids around though!

Glitterandgold
Glitterandgold11 days ago

I love Monopoly as well, but no one ever wants to play it anymore. Any monopoly fans can play free online tho at pogo. I play it from time to time. Over xmas our son introduced us to cards of humanity, that was fun & a good laugh.

eyeballkerry
eyeballkerry
Original Poster
10 days ago

We played the Disney version at Christmas, very funny, with three generations of the family.

Mummy18
Mummy1811 days ago

My all time favourites are Cluedo and monopoly. I really enjoy the logo game too

eyeballkerry
eyeballkerry
Original Poster
10 days ago

Always wanted to play the logo game but thought it was expensive when it first came out

CaroleBallard
CaroleBallard10 days ago

My favourite game has to be Monopoly purely because of the little pieces you got, in my day they where metal, and I always chose the dog. I'd choose the top hat now, but for other reasons - eh? Lister Sisters? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

eyeballkerry
eyeballkerry
Original Poster
10 days ago

I always chose the dog, my brother had the car and my mum had the iron.

LeighReidAtanas
LeighReidAtanas10 days ago

I loved monopoly especially when I was buying all the properties

LenoirLenoir
LenoirLenoir9 days ago

As a child it was either Ludo or snakes ladder! argued too much during monopoly and now so do my kids lol

Dani1
Dani19 days ago

Hi, my favourites are monopoly and scrabble. Trivial pursuit family edition and Jenga is good as you've to buy for all generations. I've been trying to get Pictionary Air from Argos but it's oos, it looks fun ๐Ÿ˜

One of the UK's largest deal hunting communities

Join for free to get genuine deals, money saving advice and help from our friendly community

Kelsey, Tom
& Deepak
Founders
Founders of Latest Deals