1. Home
  2. Chat
  3. Do You Have a House Plants

Do You Have a House Plants

Other

Does it anyone have house plants if so which ones and where did you get it from. Are they easy to take care of?

I want to get a flowering house plant but not sure which one I should get.

SalmaS
21 days ago
What do you think of this?
G0501
G050121 days ago

I have several and love them all 🌱 some are easy to take care of, some not so much.

beccatavender
beccatavender21 days ago

I no longer have any houseplants as I have the opposite to a green thumb, the longest I kept a plant alive was an orchid which was a year, although I did remember to water it I didn't feed it , there's such a thing as plant food!, (who knew, not me) 😊

Golfforall
Golfforall21 days ago

Get a Christmas cactus (mine are just coming into flower ) and/ or a cyclamen plant . Available at supermarkets for £2-£3 .

Obey the care instructions or google them . Remember plants that need to be on your windowsill in winter probably need to be away from direct sunlight in the summer (when indoors ) .

In general house plants are killed by over or under watering - they don't ned much watering in winter but don't let them dry out completely .

Trial and error in the end ,but you'll get the hang of it . I even kept my orchids alive this year !

Probably only lost a couple of the sixty odd plants I have in the house (but most are cacti and succulents which don't need a lot of care ).

angelik
angelik21 days ago

I've had a few different house plants in the past but I don't have any at the moment. They are nice to have in the house, I should get a new one too.

Pjran
Pjran21 days ago

I like antheriums and peace lilies, they stay in flower for months. Also these are considered air purifying plants. Mine have lived for years.

neo1
neo121 days ago

I would love too but they never seem to last through the winter in my house. So i now have some faux plants and cacti which do look realistic

dawarwick
dawarwick20 days ago

i'd never considered house plants until lockdown, but having watched videos on YouTube, I've now bought 6 and I can feel a habit forming.

TheChimp
TheChimp20 days ago

Like beccatavender, every plant that I touch seems to die. I even killed a spider plant even though I tried my best with it.

We have one big plant in the house that moves every so often. It's quite strange.

We also have several cacti.

I leave all the care to my wife because plants hate me 😔

Imnotcheap
Imnotcheap20 days ago

I have a geranium and rosemary growing in kitchen but that's it plants take one look at me and die. I once killed an oxygen plant 😱

gerrykelly25
gerrykelly2520 days ago

We have orange and lemon plants in the sunroom which are doing well - and they were only from Aldi. I also have a few Herb plants in the kitchen and a couple of cacti and the bathroom. Nothing too taxing!

lornaae
lornaae20 days ago

I prefer succulents and they are easy to take care of, I have a bamboo and that's very easy too

Moonstone22
Moonstone2220 days ago

I have one houseplant and it does need quite a bit of attention. It was given to me as a gift so I am not sure what it is called. I love having it, apparently having greenery around makes women feel calmer

One of the UK's largest deal hunting communities

Join for free to get genuine deals, money saving advice and help from our friendly community

Kelsey, Tom
& Deepak
Founders
Founders of Latest Deals
We use cookies (e.g. personalisation, analytics, social media). Find out more.