Another round of website updates! (2017)
Hey everyone - happy Thursday! Another round of website updates for you to enjoy/endure
- We’ve given the grid view of deals a bit of a face lift to make it less cluttered and more straightforward. Not only does it look more purdy (in my humble opinion) but it’s more functional too - the voucher and competition sections now include bonus information!
- The fabled stock checker is very close to being ready for our beta testers (those with over 1,000 LD points will get access first!)
- We don’t conform at LD and so we don’t think your uploaded images should have to either We’ve removed the slightly odd behaviour that was causing all images to stretch to being at least 300 pixels wide. Images are now free to be the size they want.
- We’ve also increased the maximum size of images and tweaked the settings so that their original quality is retained
- With the introduction of image uploading in comments, we’ve also added in a small change to disable the comment box whilst your comment is submitting/uploading.
- We’ve removed member’s avatars on the homepage when visiting on mobile devices. This should mean a snappier website without having to go and find 25 different avatar images on a dodgy connection.
- At popular request, we’ve included the “skip to first/last” page buttons on mobile as well as desktop. We had to do a bit of feng shui to fit everything in but got there in the end!
- Finally, we’ve fixed a pesky longstanding bug with competition/voucher expiration dates - you should no longer see confusing messages like “competition ended in 4 hours” huh?! “Competition ending in 4 hours” makes a lot more sense and so that’s what it now says.
That’s all for now but lots more exciting updates in the pipeline! Please let us know your thoughts - good or bad
Join for free to get genuine deals, money saving advice and help from our friendly community