Saving the planet....is This Really the Best Way?
Weather girl recently interviewed on climate change was asked what is the one best thing we can do to save the planet. She replied 'to stop eating meat one day per week'.
OK, I am not in a position to argue that as I do not know the facts and why giving up meat one day per week would help the planet (please explain if you know)
But the more I thought of it, the more I kept coming up with other ways to save the planet which would do far more good:
- Stop sending greeting cards. So many other ways of sending greetings these days and it would save a forest!
- Stop eating McDonalds KFC etc for one day a week and save another forest what with all the cardboard and paper they use and throw away daily.
- Stop buying gas guzzling huge cars and no more than two cars per household.
- Stop having more than 2/3 children. That is by far the worst thing for the planet.......over population.
- Lobby councils to do a better job of recycling. Supply everyone with different colour wheely bin for each group of rubbish and a detailed letter setting out what can and can't be recycled. i.e. black plastic no, white plastic yes (at the moment)
- Walk children to school (on their own if old enough) rather than clog the roads and waste more fuel. (Good exercise too)
I could go on and on but maybe you all have some ideas which would appear to do more good than giving up meat one day per week. Sorry to offend all the vegans and vegetarians out there.
Join for free to get genuine deals, money saving advice and help from our friendly community