Seven Ways to Travel Safer if You Need to Use Public Transport during Lockdown
In the News
Seven ways to travel safer if you need to use public transport during the lockdown
Passengers on public transport are unlikely to be able to practice social distancing safely, the government has admitted.
Publishing guidance for both passengers and operators the Department for Transport warned that “there will be times and some settings on public transport where social distancing is not possible”.
But with the Government calling on those who cannot work from home in certain industries to return to work from tomorrow, it is inevitable that more people will be getting public transport.
So here is the government's advice to make sure you can make any trip you have to take as safe as possible.
* Do not travel if you're unwell or clinically extremely vulnerable
* Check ahead and travel when quieter
* Buy tickets ahead of time
* Try and keep social distance
* Wear a face covering and travel lightly
* Pay attention to the safety instructions around you and follow basic travel ettiquette
* When you get home - wash your hands
Join for free to get genuine deals, money saving advice and help from our friendly community