1. Home
  2. Chat
  3. Tea or Coffee?

Tea or Coffee?

Ask a Question

I know that Brits are known for being tea drinkers but is that still the case? When I go out with my friends, most of them order some sort of coffee (my friends are not all British though), so I was wondering if more people are now drinking more coffee than tea.

Zuharah
1 year ago
What do you think of this?
arussell322
arussell3221 year ago

coffee nine times out of ten for me at home, and always coffee away from home

G0501
G05011 year ago

I'm not British but i can see at work it seems about 50/50. It depends of the time of the day too. I drink coffee first thing in the morning then decaf tea at work then coffee after lunch.

sophielaura93
sophielaura931 year ago

I don't like tea at all, 100% a coffee drinker. I also prefer iced coffee to a hot coffee, but do drink both.

GlitchHunter
GlitchHunter1 year ago

Tea all the time if I had to pick. Don't really enjoy coffee but will drink iced lattes when it's hot and I don't want a hot drink

blacklabrador
blacklabrador1 year ago

Coffee every time. I can't remember when I last had a cup of tea.

sarahgreen15
sarahgreen151 year ago

I’ve been drinking coffee since i was 13.. never liked the smell of tea and i think it tastes like dishwater 😂 although i’ve drank fruity or green teas over the years occasionally and I am fancying them recently...

TractorGirl327
TractorGirl3271 year ago

Coffee 99% of the time. I do like my Nespresso.

CathSho13
CathSho131 year ago

Coffee. I have to have at least 3 cups in the morning before i start to function and then a few through the day. If it a hot day i will have iced coffee. I only have tea to dip biscuits but i dont drink it 🤣

sarahpage41
sarahpage411 year ago

Both....Tea when I wake up.Coffee mid morn (maybe few more) Then tea in afternoon.Then numerous cups of coffee in evening 😊

Johnny
Johnny1 year ago
so I was wondering if more people are now drinking more coffee than tea.Stats for the UK show:
  • Inside the home, no. (Twice as much tea as coffee)
  • Outside the home, yes. (About 2.5 times more coffee than tea)
FayMansfield
FayMansfield1 year ago

Tea rather than coffee

SarahHorsfield
SarahHorsfield1 year ago

Coffee coffee In the morning

Then from about midday I drink tea tea

One of the UK's largest deal hunting communities

Join for free to get genuine deals, money saving advice and help from our friendly community

Kelsey, Tom
& Deepak
Founders
Founders of Latest Deals
We use cookies (e.g. personalisation, analytics, social media). Find out more.